ADB.exe not detecting my device [SOLVED]

Guest KACE_231

Guest KACE_231

Since CM7 is moving to GEN2, I need to upgrade, however adb.exe never seems to register my device and this is a worry for me, in-case the program used to convert to GEN2 doesnt recognise my device, so I trying to sort this out first.

I have CM7 - stable installed as my ROM; I can easily access my SD card on the computer via the USB; I am running windows 7 x64bit

I power on the Blade and get it to the home screen, enable USB debugging mode and this is what I get on command prompt:

captureea.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I downloaded adb from here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-prop-with-adb/

Help Please

Edited by KACE_231

Guest Len Ash
Since CM7 is moving to GEN2, I need to upgrade, however adb.exe never seems to register my device and this is a worry for me, in-case the program used to convert to GEN2 doesnt recognise my device, so I trying to sort this out first.

I have CM7 - stable installed as my ROM; I can easily access my SD card on the computer via the USB; I am running windows 7 x64bit

I power on the Blade and get it to the home screen, enable USB debugging mode and this is what I get on command prompt:

captureea.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I downloaded adb from here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-prop-with-adb/

Help Please

That's an old version of adb... are you able to copy files etc via USB OK?

Try this adb version:

ADB.zip

Guest KACE_231
That's an old version of adb... are you able to copy files etc via USB OK?

Try this adb version:

thanks it works now, it say using port 5103 or something like that, maybe that was the problem

Guest fonix232

I have the same problem, DDMS detects the phone correctly, but ADB won't. LanceH, tried your version too, that won't work either. My version was the latest official one from Google!

All of this happened after their platform-tools update...

Guest Len Ash
I have the same problem, DDMS detects the phone correctly, but ADB won't. LanceH, tried your version too, that won't work either. My version was the latest official one from Google!

All of this happened after their platform-tools update...

+1

In Linux, now the 3 adb files have been "moved" to /platform-tools in lieu of /platform, I haven't got it to work either. I need to spend some time finding out why, of course, but why should I have to do that blx?

lance@lance-P67A-UD3-B3:~/android-sdk-linux_x86/platform-tools$ chmod +x adb

lance@lance-P67A-UD3-B3:~/android-sdk-linux_x86/platform-tools$ adb devices

No command 'adb' found, did you mean:

adb: command not found

So, WIn 7 it is for now... was going to Gen 2 the FLB r11 ROM for a laugh, but not in Win VM thanks...!

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Len Ash
thanks it works now, it say using port 5103 or something like that, maybe that was the problem

The version on this site is FUBAR for some reason, and v. old. Glad the later one worked for you. Happy pushing and pulling...

Guest fonix232
+1

In Linux, now the 3 adb files have been "moved" to /platform-tools in lieu of /platform, I haven't got it to work either. I need to spend some time finding out why, of course, but why should I have to do that blx?

lance@lance-P67A-UD3-B3:~/android-sdk-linux_x86/platform-tools$ chmod +x adb

lance@lance-P67A-UD3-B3:~/android-sdk-linux_x86/platform-tools$ adb devices

No command 'adb' found, did you mean:

adb: command not found

So, WIn 7 it is for now... was going to Gen 2 the FLB r11 ROM for a laugh, but not in Win VM thanks...!

You have to add ~/android-sdk-linux_x86/platform-tools to your path, or use ./adb devices from that folder :)

But I'm under Win7, and it wasn't after the adb moving, but after the latest update (approx a week ago or so). Before that, everything worked pefectly!