[ROM][Temp] CyanogenMod 7 Makeshift Nightly for Gen2

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Guest Len Ash
I haven't had any crashes, or force closure of apps. Compared to N39 on the same phone when it was Gen1, or N39 with the Gen2 kernel, on the Gen2 version, it's perfect!

Not tried Nav/Maps then? Or noticed no WiFi reconnects still? No Launcher stalls/judders?

Guest Simon O
Is there a prob with N40...md5 checks out..downloaded twice and rom fails to flash using 3.0.2.4 gen2?

It seems there is a problem with recovery 3.0.2.4 gen2. Mention it to Sebastian.

Guest Simon O
Thanks flib...did you flash using 3.0.1.4 ok?

I haven't personally but others have installed fine using that version.

Does Jacobs test build install ok with the latest Sebastian recovery or does it fail in the same way n40 does?

Guest leetron1
I haven't personally but others have installed fine using that version.

Does Jacobs test build install ok with the latest Sebastian recovery or does it fail in the same way n40 does?

Installed Jacob's test build just fine with Seb's CW..

Just flashed Jacob's CW...same error message:

assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img" ,"boot").. :)

Edited by leetron1

Guest LordKickapoo

Hi!

I have hard time to add market to my phone... Have tried install market alone and also google apps all together, but still market is missing.

is there anything i could do?

Guest Simon O
Hi!

I have hard time to add market to my phone... Have tried install market alone and also google apps all together, but still market is missing.

I bet you used a script to resize the phone partitions. If you did then you almost certainly do not have enough space on system to install CM7 and the google apps.

Guest fradleyp
Hi!

why no market in the first place?

Guest ThrashMan
Perfectly as in as well or "otherwise" as the Gen 1 version.

Still a country mile away from usable, at this point.

Agreed :)

Lattitude tries to get GPS lock and bzzzzzt! reboot :)

Guest dibbles

Having changed over to Gen 2 and used the ROM from the first page of this thread I have not noted any GPS issues. It works for me fine, has not rebooted nor switched off the phone (previous GPS bug) in the few times I have used it.

Guest dibbles
Just leave it on Google Maps for some minutes, it will reboot.

I do not use Google Maps and have not got it installed so I would not know that. As it is my GPS application runs and works fine :)

Guest JobSup
Just leave it on Google Maps for some minutes, it will reboot.

Yes, also had some crashes / reboots with this version on Gen2 and Google Maps. I think also with other apps using GPS, not only Google.

Guest Matthew Ferguson
I question whether I need to do the first upgrade to the GEN2 and install this package only if it already contains the upgrade?

It doesn't, this is just the ROM.

Guest JobSup

An update to the GPS reboots with this version:

- reboot phone to have a 'fresh' start

- start Google Maps or GPS Status -> reboot before GPS fix (I can see GPS activation trying to get fix)

But: I can run SportsTracker and start a track to get a GPS fix. After the GPS fix I can also use Google Maps

Also, SIP routing seems not fixed with this version. At least the Fritz!App Phone (Labor) still uses the external speaker. Trying to compile my own version now from the current sources with the latest fixes in libaudio.

@Jacob: your version seems to be compiled before the fixes in N40, right?

Thanks anyway

Guest Chris_M

Here's my GPS experience:

Converted to Gen 2 and installed Jacob's makeshift nightly.

First time I tried running Google Maps, the phone crashed and rebooted.

After rebooting, I tried running Google Maps again, but GPS did not activate automatically.

So I exited Google Maps, turned off GPS via the Power Control widget, and turned it back on again.

Since then, GPS has worked perfectly.

So it looks like after flashing, the software gets confused about the GPS initial state. Once you disable and reenable GPS, it works fine.

Edited by Chris_M