[ROM] 25-04-11 Gambaro ROM V0.2 for P10AN01 tablets (Vega, Viewpad 10s, Mobii, ...)

Guest beegee1962

Guest beegee1962
Wow new version!

Are there are changes in Framework and icon?

I'm using this ROM and the only concern i have is the icon in it (just personal preference).

I'm trying to change the framework-res with the other i found (honeycomb framework, etc.) in this forum but it never starts (just blank screen).

Do you have any suggestion?

2 possibilities:

1) Manual edit the framework-res.apk

Before flashing my ROM, unzip the files to a folder. Goto files/system/framework

Extract the framework-res.apk with Winzip or 7Zip to a new folder

Inside the folder you will find all the icons, bootscreen, ... that is used in the notification bar.

Change whatever icons you want. Vega is using the mdpi resolution icons.

Open the original framework-res.apk again with Winzip or 7Zip. Move the changed icons into the ZIP file to the correct folders.

Close the framework-res.apk

Open my ROM zip with Winzip or 7Zip and move the changed framework-res.apk into the ZIP file to the correct folder.

Before flashing my ROM, make sure you have made a nandroid backup with CWM Recovery, because if you make a mistake here, the tablet will not boot.

2) Edit with "apk_manager_4.9"

Get apk-manager from the XDA thread Apk Manager 4.9 - Makes Modifying Ur Apk A Breeze (Windows/Linux)

Unzip the apk-manager to a folder.

You can pull the framework-res.apk from the installed ROM, extract the images and icons, change them, pack the framwework-res.apk again and push it back to the tablet.

No guaranty that you do not end up with a bootloop and re-installation of the tablet. :mellow: Went through this 100 times, but everytime I learned more about Android. :o

Edited by beegee1962

Guest tdmanutd
2 possibilities:

1) Manual edit the framework-res.apk

Before flashing my ROM, unzip the files to a folder. Goto files/system/framework

Extract the framework-res.apk with Winzip or 7Zip to a new folder

Inside the folder you will find all the icons, bootscreen, ... that is used in the notification bar.

Change whatever icons you want. Vega is using the mdpi resolution icons.

Open the original framework-res.apk again with Winzip or 7Zip. Move the changed icons into the ZIP file to the correct folders.

Close the framework-res.apk

Open my ROM zip with Winzip or 7Zip and move the changed framework-res.apk into the ZIP file to the correct folder.

Before flashing my ROM, make sure you have made a nandroid backup with CWM Recovery, because if you make a mistake here, the tablet will not boot.

2) Edit with "apk_manager_4.9"

Get apk-manager from the XDA thread Apk Manager 4.9 - Makes Modifying Ur Apk A Breeze (Windows/Linux)

Unzip the apk-manager to a folder.

You can pull the framework-res.apk from the installed ROM, extract the images and icons, change them, pack the framwework-res.apk again and push it back to the tablet.

No guaranty that you do not end up with a bootloop and re-installation of the tablet. :mellow: Went through this 100 times, but everytime I learned more about Android. :o

i use the manual ways but still i get the bootloop.

i google it and someone says that the APK is signed.

Will try the second ways though, thanks for the direction.

Guest beegee1962
i use the manual ways but still i get the bootloop.

i google it and someone says that the APK is signed.

Will try the second ways though, thanks for the direction.

My experience is that framework-res.apk must not be signed. What files did you change? If you want, PM me, send me the icons you want to change. Maybe I can help.