[mod] Clockwork recovery 3.0.2.4 [easy install] v2

Guest add.thebad

Guest add.thebad
OK. Turned off USB Storage (I turned this on because the Vega told me in Notifications that I if I wanted to transfer files between the PC and the Vega that this needed to be Enabled), sorry.

I rebooted the Vega, USB debugging was still connected, then I reran Windows_install.bat, and again got Device not found for each command.

Rock (using Windows 7 Home, 64 bit)

ETA:

Complete rerun attempted. I turned off USB Debugging, powered off the Vega, disconnected the USB cable from my laptop.

1. Powered on the Vega

2. When the Home screen appeared I connected the USB cable, and ignored the message to switch on USB Storage

3. I then went into Setiings, Applications, Development, and enabled USB Debugging

4. Opened the folder on the Laptop containing the unzipped contents, and double-clicked Windows_install.bat

5. Cmd window opened, each command ended with an error, Device not found, the sequence then finished with Installation Complete, press any key to exit.

Those are the precise steps I took. Any clues there?

for evey one having problem with error device not found.

it means that you dont have adb drivers installed correctly.

some one at xda just fixed the issue by following the guide below

here is a guide to take you through the process to install corectly clicky

Guest RockVacirca
One step at a time.

Device not found means that ADB (Android debug bridge) is not working. ADB enables you to remove, install, modify files and apps on your Vega from a PC. It requires a special driver to be loaded which is supplied with the Modaco ROM. Windows-install.bat uses ADB to do all of it's work therefore, without the correct USB driver installed, it won't work. Turning on USB debugging enables the ADB device on the Vega so that Windows can pick it up.

Search for YAUDIG and follow that guide, carefully!

I do think though that there is a bug in the driver installer. Lots of folk are getting problems with 64 bit but works just fine on 32 bit. If you have access to a 32 bit PC, use that.

Thanks simonta. I did mention early in my posts that I was using the standard driver, and the Installation section of this thread did not mention the need for a special driver.

I will hunt that down, try again, and report my experience to see if there is still a problem with 64 bit Windows machines.

Rock

Guest add.thebad
Thanks simonta. I did mention early in my posts that I was using the standard driver, and the Installation section of this thread did not mention the need for a special driver.

I will hunt that down, try again, and report my experience to see if there is still a problem with 64 bit Windows machines.

Rock

its not exacly special driver .... more the driver lol. and im on 64 windows and working fine!

Guest asanchez

can anyone help getting cwm working as mine just sits with the recovery image and doesnt do anything (green droid and package with arrow image) ?

Ive tried ROM manager and manually doing it and nothing any help on this would be much appreciated please.

Can this actually be done with ROM manager or do with need to do it manually?

Guest simonta
can anyone help getting cwm working as mine just sits with the recovery image and doesnt do anything (green droid and package with arrow image) ?

Ive tried ROM manager and manually doing it and nothing any help on this would be much appreciated please.

Did you use the easy install first?

ROM manager won't work.

If the easy install completed successfully (you do have ADB working right?), then I'm stumped. It's worked for me many times.

Also, try using the "Software tool" in settings. When you get the green droid and package image, press back a couple of times. Does it take you to clockwork?

Another thought, you installed CWM after your ROM?

Guest add.thebad

you need to click install recovery and then downlaod the correct image if you want to use clockwork allthough that version will be outdated

Guest blueshiva007

hi,

all of these adb driver not installed correctly, i also the same.

my vega from stock is 1.10 ROM and looked like by default the usb mode is in host.

so whenever i coneect the using usb to my laptop is a total fail. my laptop didn't recognize anything is plugged. totally nothing.

i once tried to root my vega and use usb switch mode (aarrghh so long step) and my laptop can detect it and i can use adb.

but now after i flash out my vega (another story for this but still due to the effect of usb switch mode problem with my 1.10 ROM --- please be careful on this issue), i can't connect using usb again.

i can connect in recovery mode. but install-windows.bat wouldn't recognized it.

so i have to use the orginal (.exe) file from POV for 1.10 ROM to flash and install new 1.10 to my vega.

i make another way to connect to my laptop by using wifi. so i turned on my vega wifi, my laptop wifi, and since i have a wifi router both are in network. and my laptop and vega got assigned an ip address.

so i shoot the command prompt (win 7 home prem 32bit). go to adb folder (extracted from modaco). and run --> adb connect myIPaddress <--.

it replied --> connected myIPaddress:5555 <--

from there i can do install-windows.bat. but now i am ended in a boot loop (boot and off and boot and off... )

my questions are :

1. can i actually use the adb wirelessly ?

2. do i need to root my vega first before installing any custom ROM ?

3. which part is wrong that caused my vega in boot loop ?

4. is there a way that showing what is currently running inside my vega instead of looking at green droid ? (like verbose mode in linux)

thanks.

Guest asanchez
Did you use the easy install first?

ROM manager won't work.

If the easy install completed successfully (you do have ADB working right?), then I'm stumped. It's worked for me many times.

Also, try using the "Software tool" in settings. When you get the green droid and package image, press back a couple of times. Does it take you to clockwork?

Another thought, you installed CWM after your ROM?

When i got the unit i used ADB to install custom rom r8 but going forward its recommended to use cwm so this is what i'm trying to do because i would like to try out corvus.

Nothing seems to work that i have tried as like i said it just sits with that image of the droid and package with the arrow and nothing.

Can you or anyone tell me the easiest way of adding cwm on after already having R8 rom installed? Shouldnt make a difference with R8 installed as it should be alot easier and this is the only android device that ive ever had problems with installing cwm.

At the moment i do have ROM manager installed which i now know doesnt work so a quick quide from here would be helpful if anyone has one?

Guest asanchez
you need to click install recovery and then downlaod the correct image if you want to use clockwork allthough that version will be outdated

I tried that and just so i'm understanding right click install recovery from where?

Guest rebeldx

had to wipe my whole vega and start over from the beginnin after usin cm7 4 the past month ......... have done everything i did when i 1st had the vega but now im gettin 'an error occurred while flashing your recovery' so i cant install any new roms or nothing

any suggestions??

Guest add.thebad
I tried that and just so i'm understanding right click install recovery from where?

why dont you just use the method im describing i dont think rom manager works

Guest add.thebad
had to wipe my whole vega and start over from the beginnin after usin cm7 4 the past month ......... have done everything i did when i 1st had the vega but now im gettin 'an error occurred while flashing your recovery' so i cant install any new roms or nothing

any suggestions??

hmmm unsure can you give a little more info

Guest premieral
Install recovery from where thats what i'm asking?

lol , this assumes that you have pauls recovery app in your app drawer and clicking on this once you have done the rest of adds stuff will put you into clockwork mod

Guest Steven-R-Raith

Just a quick bump to confirm that this works nicely on Linux, but with a caveat; you need to double check that the installation script is allowed permissions to be run as an executable - likewise the packaged ADB program.

I got confused and change the paths in the installation file to their absolute paths as opposed to relative paths, but I don't think that's actually necessary.

Change the permissions how you like; I used Nautilus to tick the box, but you could use chmod to set it, if you know how (I can never remember, and the GUI is faster than googling it, arf)

So, now I just need to download a few ROM packages - looks very similar to the system I used to rebuild my Samsung i5700 phone so I'm fairly comfortable with the next steps...

Guest asanchez
lol , this assumes that you have pauls recovery app in your app drawer and clicking on this once you have done the rest of adds stuff will put you into clockwork mod

LOL well I have managed to get corvus5 on but still no cwm to work... I've used countless android phones including tabs and my notion ink Adam all to have cwm working fine but unfortunately the Vega is not having it at all.... cant even get it to recovery mode! LOL wtf

• 3 weeks later...
Guest simonta

You are trying to run before you have learned to walk. I've already advised you to learn some more before getting into advanced topics. You will hit problems at every step unless you take time to learn.

You have not told us anything. What exactly are you trying to do? What did you do to get the arrow coming out of the box?

Guest Spooke

Sorry if this has been asked/posted before, but my Vega is currently on VegaComb Alpha4, Do i need to flash the stock 1.10 rom and then use this? or flash the stock 1.10 and then install Modaco R8 over it, and then this?

Thanks for the help

Edit - Just went ahead with it, just went to 1.09 update, then installed ADB Drivers, and then booted into Clockwork Recovery, and then installed vegacomb.zip,

Great application!!

Edited by Spooke

• 1 month later...
Guest arnookie
i keep getting stuck on the android icon with the arrow coming out the box?

can anyone help

Try running through the steps on the first page again after these steps.

Also make sure you have no other android device connected to pc apart from the tablet.

I was having similar issues then I remembred I had my phone charging on one of my usb ports.

I just removed it and ran the windows.bat again and it worked great.

Just something alot of people seem to miss pointing out and it can save a lot of time.

Just a very simple mistake if you have several android devices.

:0)