• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

premieral

premieral

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Install recovery from where thats what i'm asking?

lol , this assumes that you have pauls recovery app in your app drawer and clicking on this once you have done the rest of adds stuff will put you into clockwork mod

Steven-R-Raith

Steven-R-Raith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, Samsung i5700
Just a quick bump to confirm that this works nicely on Linux, but with a caveat; you need to double check that the installation script is allowed permissions to be run as an executable - likewise the packaged ADB program.

I got confused and change the paths in the installation file to their absolute paths as opposed to relative paths, but I don't think that's actually necessary.

Change the permissions how you like; I used Nautilus to tick the box, but you could use chmod to set it, if you know how (I can never remember, and the GUI is faster than googling it, arf)

So, now I just need to download a few ROM packages - looks very similar to the system I used to rebuild my Samsung i5700 phone so I'm fairly comfortable with the next steps...

Stevonator

Stevonator

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:*Gadgets<br />*Computers<br />*Pressing Buttons to see what happens :P<br />*Playing with Tech<br />*Programming<br />*Listening to VERY loud music whilst I'm programming ! It puts me in the zone :P<br />*Having a laugh<br />*And most of all helping people :)
  • Devices:HTC Wildfire iPod Touch 4G
I've downloaded this and I'm going to give it a go tomorrow :o
Hopefully everything runs smoothly. I'll let you know :mellow:

S

Fancy winning some cash for hacking into stuff!
Check out what Google has offered for hackers! http://android.modaco.com/content/general-discussion/340369/google-offer-money-prize-if-you-can-hack-their-systems/

asanchez

asanchez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

lol , this assumes that you have pauls recovery app in your app drawer and clicking on this once you have done the rest of adds stuff will put you into clockwork mod

LOL well I have managed to get corvus5 on but still no cwm to work... I've used countless android phones including tabs and my notion ink Adam all to have cwm working fine but unfortunately the Vega is not having it at all.... cant even get it to recovery mode! LOL wtf

Peter1977

Peter1977

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Advent vega
i keep getting stuck on the android icon with the arrow coming out the box?

can anyone help

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • Devices:Vega. HTC Desire
You are trying to run before you have learned to walk. I've already advised you to learn some more before getting into advanced topics. You will hit problems at every step unless you take time to learn.

You have not told us anything. What exactly are you trying to do? What did you do to get the arrow coming out of the box?

If I've helped you, you want to say "thanks" and you do not use Dropbox (it's enormously useful, especially with mobile devices), please consider signing up for it using my reference. You'll get 2GB of disk space for files available anywhere, any time on any device. They give us both an extra 250MB if you do sign up!

Apple? I'd rather eat my own kidneys!

kerpob

kerpob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Vega, San Francisco
Note that the windows version should just be clicked - did not work if right click and do run as administrator.

Spooke

Spooke

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Devices:Tegra Note 7, Nexus 4
Sorry if this has been asked/posted before, but my Vega is currently on VegaComb Alpha4, Do i need to flash the stock 1.10 rom and then use this? or flash the stock 1.10 and then install Modaco R8 over it, and then this?

Thanks for the help

Edit - Just went ahead with it, just went to 1.09 update, then installed ADB Drivers, and then booted into Clockwork Recovery, and then installed vegacomb.zip,

Great application!!

Edited by Spooke, 20 May 2011 - 06:16 PM.

technomaniac

technomaniac

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Devices:zte blade, Hannspree hannspad
Are there any working links for this please?

arnookie

arnookie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

i keep getting stuck on the android icon with the arrow coming out the box?

can anyone help

Try running through the steps on the first page again after these steps.
Also make sure you have no other android device connected to pc apart from the tablet.
I was having similar issues then I remembred I had my phone charging on one of my usb ports.
I just removed it and ran the windows.bat again and it worked great.
Just something alot of people seem to miss pointing out and it can save a lot of time.
Just a very simple mistake if you have several android devices.
:0)

tmmv1

tmmv1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Advent vaga
I am trying to download for windows but i keep getting a dead link :(
Is anyone else having the same problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users