[ROM] Corvus5 (newbe5 and Corvus teamed ROM)

Guest the_corvus

Guest the_corvus

newbe5 and me joined to create the biggest, best, and beautyfull rom for Advent Vega and POV Mobii.

screenshotszd.png

Features:

(Old features from CorvusVegaRom 0.5)

NTFS, CIFS, and some other kernel tweaks

Patched against last malware (search xda for info)

CWM recovery added directly in the installation, and app to access it too.

Full Market working

Automount of FAT and NTFS devices

CIFS/NFS support (with Mount Manager from market)

VPN support (replace tun.ko module in /system/lib/modules with the one in the modules.zip)

Sqlite3 exec for modify app databases

gps.conf updated for better fixing

apns-conf.xml updated for 3G dongles

Reboot option added to shutdown menu

Fix BSOD when reboot, no more black screens...

Multitouch for Google Maps

Ads blocked using host file. (If you have any problem with this go to /system/etc/hosts and delete any problematic line).

Screen calibration app added.

Added a script to know if we are in host or slave mode, and GscriptLite that is needed.

Added Wfi Ad-Hoc support, so now can connect to ad-hoc networks.

(NEW in Corvus5)

Updated kernel with overclocking to 1.4Ghz

Performance boost, now in smartbech 2011 we get +4000/+2000 points !!!

UTF8 support

Added scripts to check/switch the way accelerometer works (game mode or mouse mode, so this can be selected)

Added TapNTap keyboard from Viewsonic G Tab

Replaced Gallery3D with 32bit-Gallery3D

Updated Clockwork Recovery to 3.0.2.4 (this still shows as 2.5.1.4 in ROM manager, but it is updated)

Removed Paul's Recovery Tool

Added ROM Manager (this can reboot you into recovery, so no need for 2 tools)

Removed Phone related APK's (Battery AHOY! This should increase battery life significantly, definately has for me!. This files can be added again using 3gFiles.zip attached)

Disabled Setup Wizard (will ask for google account information when you first run Market)

Removed VTL Launcher (All users have their own preference, so you can install which launcher you like)

Removed Task Manager (Pretty useless app imo, install better a one from the Market if you need one)

FIXED ACCELEROMETER!! This is now 100% working with perfect sensitivity for games etc, you MUST disable screen auto-rotation in settings for this to work properly.

*To help the above, newbe5 have created an auto-rotate on/off widget with a theme to match the rest of the ROM. Add it to your home screen from the Widgets menu as normal.This widget is a modified version of the one released on the Market for free by Jason Hull. Thanks Jason!

THEME! A whole new theme has been created from scratch specifically for this ROM. This theme was created by newbe5 and is called: GRID.

As part of the theme, most (if not all) of the transition animations have been changed to smoother ones.

EXPERIMENTAL:

I have compiled a bunch of modules lile tun, eyetoy module, some modules for dvb-t dongles and some for gamepads. They are attached, but no support for them... use at your risk.

BEFORE MAKE ANYTHING, PLEASE READ THIS FULL POST AND DO A NANDROID BACKUP (WITH CWM). I WILL NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSABILITY IN ANY WAY IF YOU BRICK, EAT, OR SIT YOUR TABLET

NOTES

md5sum of zip file:

2b36fcfdaeb484e828cafdd5b98034e5 Corvus5.zip

If you have problems installing with CWM or adb, try using Rom Manager.

For enter usb host mode:

Press power button, once display get power (you will see the diference), press back button and hold until finish booting.

For know usb mode:

In Gscript Lite, we only need to create a new script and use "cat /data/var/mode" without quotes and with "Needs SU?" marked. It will return in what mode are we, slave or host.

For 3g Dongle (with 3gFiles.zip added):

Start in host mode (back button pressed until vega boots) with 3g dongle inserted.

Once started, extract and put back 3G dongle. If you have PIN it will ask for it.

Test dongle (mine green is working, light blue is detected, but not connected, dark blue is connected). If it stalls in light blue, you have a problem with apns, edit /system/etc/apns-conf.xml or pm me.

For Links2SD:

In Links2SD you get an error first time you start it... reboot tablet and works ok.

If no music or wallpapers are show:

Load "Dev Tools" and restart the media scanner and once completed everything was shown

For check/change accelerometer mode:

With connectbot exec...

/system/bin/MouseGameModeChecker.sh to see in what mode is your tablet.

/system/bin/MouseGameSwitcher.sh to switch from game to mouse and back.

For overclocking:

Method 1:

Put the setcpu.txt file attached in the root of your sdcard and then start setcpu (if you have started earlyer, must press menu and press the left button "device") then select the bottom button (custom freqs) then you can move the slide to 1400000.

Method 2:

Download CPU Meter from market. It must detect the freqs and let you use them. Dont change any other parameter, use at your own risk.

AS ALWAYS DO A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE DO ANYTHING WITH YOUR TABLET.

Installation:

Using CWM (RECOMENDED).

Do a Full Wipe before flashing the rom (not needed, but can cause problems)

Copy Corvus5.zip to sdcard and update like any other update.

Not using CWM. (NOT RECOMENDED)

If you ave CWM, use the other way, if not, use this.

Unzip the file and use install-x where x is your operating system. If windows doesnt recognize the tablet use the usb drivers that are into the zip. This is the way that Modaco ROM is installed so if you have problem, please go to its post to see how to resolve.

Corvus5 link: Corvus5.zip

setcpu.txt link: setcpu.txt

modules.zip link: modules.zip

3gFiles.zip: 3gFiles.zip

Thanks to:

Gojimi for Vegan-Tab and the info shared to everyone

BumbleBee by his kernel and help

Paul by his scripts that speed this a lot

Koush by scripts for installing kernels

All users from #tegratab in freenode for helping me.

newbe5 for the help, the theme and for push me to do a new rom...

I think dont forgot anyone...

If you really like this you can buy us a beer, a wine or any other kind of alcoholic beverage :)... use the link below...

Corvus.

Edited by the_corvus

Guest newbe5

NEW in Corvus5 SP1

So, a little quiet on the VegaComb front right now, still have some stuff in the works, but I thought it was high time I took a quick break and spent a little time pushing out a small (but good) update to Corvus5. I know a lot of people use Corvus5 as their fall-back ROM while VegaComb is still in the works, and so I thought I should try and show it a little love too (since I really like this ROM, and it's FAST!).

I didn't want to make too many huge changes, as Corvus5 has a good history of being a stable, fast and extremely reliable ROM, and felt that too much tweaking might risk what we already have. So, the changes are as follows:

Added latest nVidia frameworks, and updated some libs to the latest versions to try and work out a couple of kinks.

Fixed the 50% audio issue, volume should now increase correctly up to 100% (and not stop increasing at 50%). This won't actually make the max volume and louder, but it makes the slider work correctly.

Added the brilliant Host/Slave mode indicator to the ROM as standard (made by simonta and pbtw I believe) which has been GRID themed by me to fit in with the ROM.

Added a brand new Game/Mouse mode indicator/switcher (made by the talented ptbw especially for Corvus5). This is a great tool and allows you to easily switch between "Game" (accelerometer) mode and "Mouse" (erm... Mouse) modes. The two modes have to be separate due to the way that the libraries within the ROM work, but now you can easily switch Corvus5 into a mode which works perfectly for mouse support, and back again for playing games such as SpeedX. This tool will reboot your Vega for you, so if you are switching to Mouse mode, remember to hold BACK after the app reboots the device to make sure it boots up in HOST mode for connecting the mouse :)

Kernel has been updated to the current VegaComb stable Kernel (based on CorvusKernel 0.2). This brings with it Xpad support, removal of the Blue light of DOOM, and 1.5ghz overclock (but the standard is 1ghz, not 1.5 as with the bug in the 0.2 kernel). It also has the fixed memory management patch which comes with the Vegacomb kernel, to make things just that bit sweeter, and hopefully speedier.

No more need for a manual SetCPU file, available overclock speeds should be automatically detected by any decent overclock application, such as SetCPU, CPU Master or No Frills CPU.

Download Corvus5 SP1 at the bottom of this thread!

If you have issues with the battery indicator not updating, check this thread here!

Ohhh yea baby, 4160 on Smartbench 2011 :)

post-715352-1304591602_thumb.png

To Overclock, there are some free apps on the market that should work fine (CPU Meter for one). OR, you could use SetCPU (which supports profiles etc). SetCPU is a PAY FOR app on the MArket. However, if you are a member of XDA forums, you can download it for FREE from here!

The new theme in all it's glory, created from scratch specifically for this ROM.

post-715352-1304591597_thumb.png

The Autorotate widget. This is ON, meaning screen rotation works as normal:

RotateOn.png

And OFF, you should use this for games like Speedx and Raging Thunder 2:

RotateOff.png

Hope you guys enjoy the ROM, a LOT of work has gone in to this from both myself and corvus.

ADDITIONAL THEMES AND APPS (we do not support these themes, flashing an additional theme AFTER ROM setup will wipe your gmail settings!):

Honeycomb theme created by partner2!

post-715352-1303315516_thumb.png

BRAND NEW! Alternate colour schemes by popular demand!

Choose the GRID that suits you!

GRID Classic

GRID-ClassicStatusBar.png

GRID Red

GRID-RedStatusBar.png

GRID Orange

GRID-OrangeStatusBar.png

GRID White

GRID-WhiteStatusBar.png

Original GRID thread is here!

Special edition Host Mode indicator Widget for Corvus5 by ptbw (this is now included in the SP1 patch below)!

Get it here!

post-798666-1304537661.jpg

Instructions on how to change the images are in ptbw's post here!

Corvus5 SP1 Update (flash over Corvus5, no need to wipe!): Corvus5-SP1-Updater.zip | Mirror: Corvus5-SP1-Updater.zip (MD5: 3856D5AD380D3AF76B5C3CBEEF51513A)

Have fun!

newbe5

Edited by newbe5

Guest tony barnes

Nice work - is bluetooth/wi-fi all nice and stable?

Might grab this, the accelerometer tweak will be great, ditched a few games as they were unplayable. Plus overclocking is nice touch. Day off work tomorrow, will get to spend some time playing :)

Hmm, on that note - what happens with all the apps I've got installed at the minute?

Guest MaxiP

Looks very good - have just flashed so will have a play and post back my findings. Out of interest, is the default USB mode host or slave ?

Guest newbe5
Looks very good - have just flashed so will have a play and post back my findings. Out of interest, is the default USB mode host or slave ?

due to some kernel issues we hit with the Overclocking vs Host mode, the default is currently still Slave, you can access Host as before using the Back button at boot :)

Guest TAZMANUK
due to some kernel issues we hit with the Overclocking vs Host mode, the default is currently still Slave, you can access Host as before using the Back button at boot :)

Please advise i have paul r8 rom on mine but all i did was update firmware to 1.08 then pauls rom, i never put.on clockwork, or is it included in pauls rom if so where and how do i backup, if bot can clockwork.be installed on top of pauls rom confused eveb reading help guides

Please help as id like to try this but have recovery if it fails

Guest Minimonkey
Please advise i have paul r8 rom on mine but all i did was update firmware to 1.08 then pauls rom, i never put.on clockwork, or is it included in pauls rom if so where and how do i backup, if bot can clockwork.be installed on top of pauls rom confused eveb reading help guides

Please help as id like to try this but have recovery if it fails

Use Vega tools to install Clockworkmod then backup. http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...ega-tools-v3-0/

Edited by Minimonkey

Guest smagee

Guys this looks fantastic. Currently nandroid backing up to give it a try. A quick question does the issue you mentioned with overclocking vs host mode mean that in host mode the cpu is not overclocked? and would it be possible for me to change which kernel is loaded by default as I would rather it was host. Im just not sure where to change it and how you pick between them.

Thanks for the ROM guys, saw the vid of the accelarometer working on youtube last night and got quite excited.

smagee

ps. the tron inspired theme is genius.

Edited by smagee

Guest ezynow

Nice.

Is it possible to compile the btusb module in kernel source. Sounds like a generic bt usb driver so could help interfernce isssues. And add this to the modules.

Also, nfs mounting does not work. Might need other modules.

Just for info. how are you compiling source/ modules? on the vega itself - if so are there any instructions for doing so.

Cheers

Guest premieral

and at last the forum comes alive :) clever people doing clever things and we all get excited about our vega again , god bless you Corvus and Newbe5 cant wait to get home and run this.

much respect , many thanks

Guest newbe5
Guys this looks fantastic. .... [snipped]

ps. the tron inspired theme is genius.

Thanks! I know some people might not like the theme, and I will post some more standard ones later for those who would like to switch, but I really enjoy it on my Vega (ofc, I made it so I'm biased! :)).

and at last the forum comes alive :( clever people doing clever things and we all get excited about our vega again , god bless you Corvus and Newbe5 cant wait to get home and run this.

much respect , many thanks

Thanks! Hope it runs as well for everyone as it has for me and Corvus. We have tried our hardest to make the "perfect ROM" with as much working as humanly possible, hopefully it's worked :)

Let us know how you get on with the ROM!

newbe5

Edited by newbe5

Guest partner2
Thanks! I know some people might not like the theme, and I will post some more standard ones later for those who would like to switch, but I really enjoy it on my Vega (ofc, I made it so I'm biased! :)).

I would like to port (again) my honeycomb theme (if you don't mind), but at the moment I've got stuck with signature problems :)

Guest newbe5
I would like to port (again) my honeycomb theme (if you don't mind), but at the moment I've got stuck with signature problems :)

I will add your honeycomb theme to the main post later, the framework layout is the same as Corvus 0.5 (for compatibility reasons) and so the theme you made should already work :) Feel free to test this and let me know, but as soon as I get chance I will add it as an option on my post (if that's ok!).

newbe5

Guest partner2

That would be perfect. Wow, being an official option theme :) .

I was trying to put the statusbar at the bottom. I took the files from a Nook mod a it worked (and the status bar was at the bottom). But then I cleaned and started to give me signature errors.

I will add your honeycomb theme to the main post later, the framework layout is the same as Corvus 0.5 (for compatibility reasons) and so the theme you made should already work :) Feel free to test this and let me know, but as soon as I get chance I will add it as an option on my post (if that's ok!).

newbe5

Guest newbe5
That would be perfect. Wow, being an official option theme :) .

I was trying to put the statusbar at the bottom. I took the files from a Nook mod a it worked (and the status bar was at the bottom). But then I cleaned and started to give me signature errors.

Added your theme to my post now (2nd post in the thread as I can't edit the first one directly! :)).