Photo

[ROM] Corvus5 (newbe5 and Corvus teamed ROM)

• Please log in to reply
679 replies to this topic

kiffik

kiffik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:POV Mobii, HTC Desire

It's not a good solution. By changing boot, you've changed the kernel which, apart from some eye candy, kind of makes the ROM pointless. It works fine for me so sorry I can't help in the troubleshooting.

Well, jeah. But i had done a full wipe and didnt have any other ROMs at hand. So I had to improvise to get the tablet running. I will wait for another release, perhaps it will work. Googling gave me punch of results none of which applied to Vega/Mobii. I can do some proper testing and troubleshooting over the weekend if necessary.

MaxiP

MaxiP

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Atrix; Vega VC
Observations after using the ROM for a few hours - very good. The ROM is quick / light and I much prefer the screen transitions to others; battery life looks good so far with phone.apk's removed but time will really tell on that one.

G-sensor widget is excellent although I haven't had need of it yet but is good to know that it is there.

Niggles - a few, but minor
- battery meter doesn't refresh properly or show when charging
- WiFi doesn't always reconnect when device comes out of sleep
- when in sleep, I have a dull blue light under the bezel under the camera. Hadn't noticed this before with other ROM's

Thanks guys for all your hard work - really appreciated.

Current device;
Motorola Atrix - rooted & ROMd
Adent Vega - VegaComb v3.2 build 9n
On order;

DropBox referral link

Share files between your PC/Tablet/phone/ipod
2GB free when you sign up but Click on my link
to get an extra free 250mb ;) for the both of us

mxbob

mxbob

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega
im having the exact same problem with this rom as I did with the corvus 5 one namely an error message stating process system not responding when ever i boot/reboot (doesnt happen first time i boot the rom ) neither the kill or wait buttons do anything but about 30 seconds later the error disappears and my vega boots

I installed via CWM and have tried going from both 1.9 and R8

Before install I do a factory reset, clear cache and Dalvik Cache in CWM

Ive tried re flashing the rom with the same results

Again like before its not a major issue as its not stopping my device from booting and im finding the rest of this rom very nice, quick and stable I was more wondering if it was something im doing wrong/not doing when installing that is causing this?

Thanks

Kevrae

Kevrae

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD, Advent Vega

Niggles - a few, but minor
- battery meter doesn't refresh properly or show when charging
- WiFi doesn't always reconnect when device comes out of sleep
- when in sleep, I have a dull blue light under the bezel under the camera. Hadn't noticed this before with other ROM's

Thanks guys for all your hard work - really appreciated.

I must say my wifi seems better than ever always seems to be connected and my battery meter also shows charging straight away but I do see that blue light which I had not noticed before at first I thought it was just me until you said it. Must also say it was quite frustrating when I first turned on the tablet this morning it seemed not to have mounted my sd card properly, although it was correctly reading the sd in storage all of my link2sd files were gone and also my home screen was just a awash with problem displaying widget. A restart sorted the apps from link2sd but I had to rebuild my homescreens again.

Edited by Kevrae, 21 April 2011 - 11:08 AM.

Lemaru

Lemaru

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi

Nice work, but is there any chance of a version of this with the original stock theme? as not too much a fan of the neon style colours and icons.

Cheers

Kevrae

Kevrae

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
Take a look at the honeycomb addon then by partner2 (mentioned on first page) really good looking and a little more reserved than the bright colours of the tron theme.

Edited by Kevrae, 21 April 2011 - 01:38 PM.

premieral

premieral

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Take a look at the honeycomb addon then by newbe5 (mentioned in first post) really good looking and a little more reserved than the bright colours of the tron theme.

Its actually partner2 s work on the honeycomb theme :) I believe, credit where its due and all that.

Kevrae

Kevrae

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
Absolutley right (post edited) my apologies partner2 cracking theme complements the rom very well to give me my best configuration yet. Thanks.

rferrett

rferrett

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S3, Advent Vega
  • Twitter:@ralphferrett
Outstanding work guys this is tip top!

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 Omega 6.0
Tablet: Nexus 7 MCR Jr5
Twitter: @ralphferrett
Google+: http://gplus.to/rferrett
URL: http://lunchtimelegend.co.uk

Panayioti

Panayioti

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Amazing rom one question though I always get a force close on setcpu after it asks me for permission. Any ideas?

Thanks

newbe5

newbe5

Addict

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Amazing rom one question though I always get a force close on setcpu after it asks me for permission. Any ideas?

Thanks

Which stage is this? After importing custom text file?

Panayioti

Panayioti

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Which stage is this? After importing custom text file?

No, it happens straight after it asks me for superuser rights.

newbe5

newbe5

Addict

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

No, it happens straight after it asks me for superuser rights.

Try getting CPUMeter from the market and trying that, I think it should autodetect the frequency correctly and you might get a better result than SetCPU.

Panayioti

Panayioti

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Try getting CPUMeter from the market and trying that, I think it should autodetect the frequency correctly and you might get a better result than SetCPU.

Thanks but I found cpu tuner to work and anyway couldn't find cpu meter, but cpu tuner done it for me and when I do the benchmark I get 4127. As I said before amazing rom keep it up and imagine if we get cpu to 1.5 ghz we will beat the xoom lol.

Thanks
Update got 4215 at 1.4 GHz and the xoom at 1.5GHz has 4176. Funny that a tablet £300 less than a xoom can beat its benchmark lol.

Edited by Panayioti, 21 April 2011 - 05:00 PM.

premieral

premieral

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Thanks but I found cpu tuner to work and anyway couldn't find cpu meter, but cpu tuner done it for me and when I do the benchmark I get 4127. As I said before amazing rom keep it up and imagine if we get cpu to 1.5 ghz we will beat the xoom lol.

Thanks

what benchmark do you use?

Panayioti

Panayioti

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

what benchmark do you use?

Smartbench 2011, its great because you can view/compare all the other tablets/phones benchmarks to the vega but my vega was at the top lol.

rferrett

rferrett

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
This ROM is fabulous.

Is there, though, any chance that in future versions the free version of Titanuim Backup could come pre-installed? It is slightly annoying having to connect to wifi and set up market access before able to restore all setting and that and having Titanuim Backup pre installed would be ace.

Yogimax

Yogimax

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Devices:HTC One; Advent Vega

This ROM is fabulous.

Is there, though, any chance that in future versions the free version of Titanuim Backup could come pre-installed? It is slightly annoying having to connect to wifi and set up market access before able to restore all setting and that and having Titanuim Backup pre installed would be ace.

I agree - love the ROM but had to get to my backed up copy of Titanium and install it before restoring my apps and settings.

rferrett

rferrett

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Anyone else having problems with IMAP email after installing this ROM? For some reason it wont work with my IMAP account, saying password is wrong. The settings were restored from Titanuim ROM (I was running Corvus 0.5 before).

Have checked my password and it is definitely correct.

Any ideas?

EDIT> I just needed to pass a captcha on my google apps. Simplez!

Edited by rferrett, 21 April 2011 - 06:56 PM.

premieral

premieral

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Smartbench 2011, its great because you can view/compare all the other tablets/phones benchmarks to the vega but my vega was at the top lol.

Grrrr i can only get 3671 :) can you believe complaining about a score double the previous one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users