LG Optimus G2X bricked

Guest rangerlt

Guest rangerlt

I mistakenly flashed a 2x rom to my G2x which has had some unfortunate results. The phone boots fine but I have no network connection. I read the posts regarding the dangers of doing so only after getting myself into the predicament :). I was hoping someone may have a file dump or a factory firmware that I can flash to my phone to restore it's default os settings.

Guest kanshin
I mistakenly flashed a 2x rom to my G2x which has had some unfortunate results. The phone boots fine but I have no network connection. I read the posts regarding the dangers of doing so only after getting myself into the predicament :). I was hoping someone may have a file dump or a factory firmware that I can flash to my phone to restore it's default os settings.

same to me ,,i download the Tmobile Firmware,, but there's only two .bin file (AP, CP)., a baseband file should be in fls, correct?

I try to use the SmartFlash Tool to flash the CP.bin file,. but got a error message " We can't read Magic Number"

any way we can flash the Original ROM ? THX

Guest rangerlt
same to me ,,i download the Tmobile Firmware,, but there's only two .bin file (AP, CP)., a baseband file should be in fls, correct?

I try to use the SmartFlash Tool to flash the CP.bin file,. but got a error message " We can't read Magic Number"

The same issue for me with the cp. Bin file. However even without it you can get your baseband working...it'll just be weak I noticed. A working baseband flash would cute that issue. Ill be waiting patiently for Paul to come back and bestow us with such a gift.

Guest kanshin
The same issue for me with the cp. Bin file. However even without it you can get your baseband working...it'll just be weak I noticed. A working baseband flash would cute that issue. Ill be waiting patiently for Paul to come back and bestow us with such a gift.

I am trying to re-downloading the files..

I guess the AP files should be includes the system files, and the baseband should be in the CP file..

humm... back to try again.,

updated: you are right,, flashing AP file and make it work- back to original!

Edited by kanshin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shmoopty

I have potentially good news. I wish I had more, but it's a jumping point at least.

I also flashed a 2X rom on a G2X. Probably as the rest of you did, I found the "How to do this" thread before finding the "You probably shouldn't do this" thread.

And I also got the "We can't read Magic Number" when trying to flash back using SmartFlashTool_P990.exe.

The good news is that it eventually worked.

I wish I could describe what I did differently. Maybe I ran the tool before plugging in the USB? Or after? I think at some point I deleted SmartFlash.ini and let the tool generate a new one?

The take-away is that it did work. The "Magic Number" error was not a dead end.

I can remember that when it worked I was only trying the to flash CP file and not the AP file.

• 3 months later...
Guest mrcharlie

I have unfortunately done the same as RangerIt... Can anyone help? I managed to get CWM Recovery going, but every time I try and restore a stock image, it always get s stuck in the boot loop.

HELPsad.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest René Klunder

I hope your device works again?

Edited by René Klunder