[ROM] Swedish Spring RLS5 Remix2 - Phat One

Guest Len Ash

Guest rockstarszzzz
Has anyone had problems to get a2sd working? I've partitioned my sd and got a2sd working via adb "a2sd reinstall".

But froyo can't mount the first fat32 partition. Tried to format via clockwork, no luck...

Any suggestions?

Hi I installed this ROM succesfully over SS RL5 and am very happy with the looks and feel of it.

However, one issue - a major one.

I flashed ROM when my SIM card was inside. After ROM flash, the handset doesn't recognise my SIM. It gives an error saying 'NO SIM INSERTED'. I tried factory reset, re-flashing, restarting - nothing worked!

I tried same SIM card in different phone (HTC HERO) and it worked! I tried another SIM in this phone with this ROM - it doesn't work! = handset issue!

So I switched back to SS RL5 = SIMs working perfectly fine!

What is it in SSRL5 that your ROM doesn't have? (ps: I flashed GB version for GEN2).

Any chance that I can manually add or remove files that might block my SIM?

Guest geegeethatsme
Has anyone had problems to get a2sd working? I've partitioned my sd and got a2sd working via adb "a2sd reinstall".

But froyo can't mount the first fat32 partition. Tried to format via clockwork, no luck...

Any suggestions?

Have you tried to mount via ClockworkMod when booting (one of the menu options - possibly in the advanced menu)? It's a toggle switch, so if it offers you the option to mount, it wasn't mounted before.

Guest ZBlade

Thanks, tried to to mount sd in clockwork (wasn't before) but only access to sd's fat32 partition via clockwork.

...But I've just managed to get run everythings very fine now just by re-installing the custom rom out of a fresh partitioned card.

Now looking for the best way to change or to small down the system partition on the phone...

Edited by ZBlade

Guest rockstarszzzz
Hi I installed this ROM succesfully over SS RL5 and am very happy with the looks and feel of it.

I flashed ROM when my SIM card was inside. After ROM flash, the handset doesn't recognise my SIM. It gives an error saying 'NO SIM INSERTED'. I tried factory reset, re-flashing, restarting - nothing worked!

I tried same SIM card in different phone (HTC HERO) and it worked! I tried another SIM in this phone with this ROM - it doesn't work! = handset issue!

What is it in SSRL5 that your ROM doesn't have? (ps: I flashed GB version for GEN2).

Any one? OP?

Guest wookie16081965
A fully laden ROM - for both Gen 1 and Gen 2 - due credit to kallt_kaffe.
  • AOSP Contacts...
  • Shedloads of "Common" Apps - delete any you don't want... Lite version in another post.
  • PIC ME screenshot (working) - see screenshots below
  • Astro File Manager replaces Filer
  • Gingerbread Wallpaper now default
  • Circle Battery Mod
  • Enhanced autobrightness behaviour
  • AGPS enabled
  • DNS set to Google global
  • ondemand governor with 122.88MHz idle CPU freq
  • New boot animation
  • GOSMS Pro replaces G. MMS - can be added back with file below. Use Clockwork...
  • HW accel off by default (can by enabled in Extra Parts)

SS RLS 5 Phat md5 7cab30a99761369098a6985e05a3f49a

As usual, first boot will be slow - and I suggest a reboot once loaded.

As above, but with (black) Gingerbread Notification bar and more suitable Font, Gen 1 standard SS RLS5 boot image, Gen 2 boot image is Softbank stock. See screenshots 3 and 4 below - i.e. the ones with the GB themed bar!

SS RLS 5 Phat GB md5 93acccadb535afd920290401a5b3cfd7

can i use frankish themes with this rom please

Guest rockstarszzzz

Is this thread dead forever?! ;)

There is no support from OP whatsoever! Or is there another support thread somewhere, that I cannot find? :P

Guest rockstarszzzz
Is this thread dead forever?! ;)

There is no support from OP whatsoever! Or is there another support thread somewhere, that I cannot find? :P

I think this thread is DEAD. No one cares for this thread!! Grrr!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest snowbord

By combining the working theme from this fully loaded rom as well as the apps from Len Ash's spartan rom, I think I have found me a winner tweaked Swedish Spring to build on!

Quick question, to Len Ash ideally. Is this the same kernel that is used in your FLB remix? Basically I want the renowned battery life of your FLB along with SS' excellence and stability, with your LED and GPS etc. tweaks. i.e. the best Froyo possible - stable, max memory (no need for cache partition), Market works, max battery.

What is your take on disabling HW acceleration? Does it really improve battery life? I would have thought the opposite be true.

Congrats on a killer rom, for now this is the ultimate for Gen2s.

p.s. Are you interested in making a Gen2 MDC ROM? :blink: