unlock 512 mb ram at gen2 blade

Guest snaker1

Guest snaker1

EDIT :

Problem solved and soon hecatae will update his tutorial http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...2-windows-only/ to make things clear.

Follow solidchips tutorial to install the clockwork recovery manager http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...e/#entry1644339 . z4root 1.3.0 temporary is the only way to get root permitions at the new gen2 phones. All other root tools doesnt work including UniversalAndroot and superoneclick.

SECOND EDIT : kallt_kaffe has released a modified z4root that grants permanent root access at gen2 blades.You can find it here : http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...for-2-2-blades/

Confirmed that gen2 Greek blade phones are also locked at 256 ram like old gen1 phones and that locked ram can also be unlocked.

Also a big thanks to wbaw for lightening the path, even if he got angry. :)

Edited by snaker1

Guest Ron=)
I have reached the point where i must press volume up+menu when booting the phone in order to flash the sweedish rom,but it doesnt start the flashing.What am i doing wrong?Thanks

You cant use TPT on a gen 2 :/

Does you blade not have 512mb Ram? AFAIK all gen2 shipped ones do!

Edit:Did you use Mr.Pigfish to find out that it is gen2?

Edited by Ron=)

Guest snaker1

Thanks a lot for the replys.

Ok i made a better search and i have understand these:

1) There is no way to downgrade from gen2 to gen1 so i cant install the hungarian rom that unlocks the additional 256mb of ram.

2) I cant intall TPT images on a gen2 phone.Also "volume up + menu" button combination doesnt work on bootup.

I have installed recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.4-blade-g2.img and i have made a phone backup but i am not really intersted to flash a custom rom for now if i dont unlock the additional 256mb of ram.

My first priority is to unlock the aditional 256mb of ram.

I live in Greece and i have a WIND ZTE blade GEN2 phone that came with android 2.2 preinstalled and 256mb of ram.

Mr pigfish tells me this is a gen2 phone as i expected.

My main question is:

Does curently exist any method to unlock the aditional 256mb of ram in these new gen2 phones or should i wait until someone figures out how to do it?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by snaker1

Guest snaker1

My phone is bought GEN2, i didnt make it.That it why i cant go back to gen1 and install the hungarian rom that unlocks the additonal 256mb of ram.

My phone is bought GEN2, i didnt make it.That it why i cant go back to gen1 and install the hungarian rom that unlocks the additonal 256mb of ram.

Yes, but you should be able to use the old method of upgrading Gen1 phones to Gen2, using some windows software, even though you're already on Gen2. If it works, then it'll give you Swedish firmware, which should hopefully unlock the 512mb ram in your phone.

Or it might totally brick it, nobody has confirmed it works on Greek Gen2 blades yet, you could be the first to try it out.

Guest snaker1
Yes, but you should be able to use the old method of upgrading Gen1 phones to Gen2, using some windows software, even though you're already on Gen2. If it works, then it'll give you Swedish firmware, which should hopefully unlock the 512mb ram in your phone.

Or it might totally brick it, nobody has confirmed it works on Greek Gen2 blades yet, you could be the first to try it out.

So are you telling me that other guys that had gen2 phones locked at 256 ram (non Greek of course) used the old method gen1 to gen2 and unlocked the 512 ram even though they where on gen2?

In other words are you telling me that if i flash the custom rom Swedish_Spring_RLS5.zip will i unlock the rest 256 ram?

Edited by snaker1

So are you telling me that other guys that had gen2 phones locked at 256 ram (non Greek of course) used the old method gen1 to gen2 and unlocked the 512 ram even though they where on gen2?

I'm telling you that nobody here with a Greek Gen2 Blade has posted here to tell us that they've unlocked 512mb RAM, or if they have, I've not seen it.

There are only Greek Blades locked to 256mb RAM, all other Blades & Orange San Franciscos are sold with 512mb RAM.

Swedish Blades have 512mb too & we have Swedish Gen2 firmware. If the Gen2 Greek Blades still have 512mb ram installed & it's only locked to 256mb in software, then you should be able to flash the Gen2 Swedish firmware to your phone & it should unlock the extra ram, like the Hungarian firmware did for Gen1 Greek Blades.

However it's totally untested on Greek Gen2 Blades, as far as I know & if it doesn't work then that phone is dead with no easy or safe way to recover it, unless you can find an official Greek Froyo update for Gen1 phones, similar to the Swedish ones that we have.

Edited by wbaw

Guest snaker1

Ok i understand and thanks a lot for the reply.

I am pretty sure that the 512mb ram is still locked and i am willing to take the risk of briking,but i want to ask if the swedish firmware you are refering to is Swedish_Spring_RLS5.zip .

Also should i use the gen1 to gen2 tutorial or flash the swedish firmware directly threw cwm?

Thanks again.

Guest solidchips

I have ZTE U-v880 (GEN2) shipped with android 2.2.

This device has 256 MB RAM.

I have tried installing many custom roms, SS RLS2/3/4/5, CM7 RC2/3/4/Stable.

None of them unlocked the additional 256 MB ram, so i believe if there is some locked RAM present in the device, it should only be unlocked by flashing hungarian update (TPT).

Edited by solidchips

Guest solidchips

You can call me Faisal.

I didn't tried the hungarian firmware flashing.

I'm not sure about the possibility of unlocking the additional memory.

Majority of blade owners have devices with 512mb ram--only clue.

Guest solidchips

wbaw, this guide is for GEN1 to GEN2 conversion.

Our phones, mine and snaker's, are already GEN2.

Edited by solidchips

Guest snaker1

Total ram 166 mb.

Have you tried RLS4b also ?

Yes i am absolutely sure that the greek blades have ram locked.The where on gen1 and they continue on gen2.

Also the gen1 to gen2 conversion tutorial that wbaw is mentioning has the partiton guide in it.

My question is :

partioning locked blade phones using this program http://www.multiupload.com/CC70PUYCZD has any posibility unlocking the ram?

Edited by snaker1

The abovementioned link worked on GEN1 phones and unlocked locked memory.

For GEN2 there is a big question mark.

There's no question mark, it wont work on Gen2 phones, that's what the first post of this thread was about. You're reading a very old sticky post that shouldn't be sticky any more, because it wont work on new Greek phones & nobody else has any reason to do it.

This whole thread is insane. This is an English forum, I've told you what to do, in English, you & the Greek guy are just getting confused.

Edited by wbaw