unlock 512 mb ram at gen2 blade

Guest snaker1

Guest snaker1
Snaker, if u want to try SSRLSx, follow this Link

Thanks i know how to flash an ss rls firmware but if it doesnt unlock the memory for your phone the it wont unlock it for me either so whats the point.

Guest snaker1

wbaw was right.

I unlocked the rest of ram but he could simply tell me from the beggining that the partitioning at the beggining of the tutorial was the key point.Anyway thanks wbaw and dont get mad. :)

Solidchips just follow the tutorial wbaw said and at the end flash the ss rls5 and you will have unlocked the ram.

And make a sticky for the rest of the guys with new GEN2 phones in order to make their life easier :) . We can surely make one

Edited by snaker1

Guest hecatae
I cant understand why you think that this tutorial will work http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...2-windows-only/ when solidchips tells that he has used all the SS RLSX firmwares and they didnt unlock the aditional ram.

I'm about to rework that tutorial, that windows only flashing guide is the only way to unlock the extra 256mb ram in gen2 blades

Guest snaker1

Great hecatae that would be really helpful for other guys too.

Works like a charm after restoring from my official nandroid backup.The unlocked ram is still there even with the official firmware just like old gen1 blades.

So confirmed that gen2 greek blades have also locked their memory.

Edited by snaker1

The ram is locked by appsboot.mbn the only known way to flash that to a proper Gen2 phone is using the Windows software.

Glad that it works on Greek Blades, now what about Chinese X880's ... we already have the Chinese mbn files, so if it goes horribly wrong it should be recoverable. They should be able to mix the Chinese mbn files with just the Swedish appsboot.mbn appsboothd & partition_zte.mbn to unlock the 512mb, if it's actually there on the Chinese version too & keep the Chinese radio firmware.

Edited by wbaw

Guest Vvorth

Is someone tried to unlock RAM on a chinese Blade? Is it works for it?

I would have tried, but i afraid erasing clockworkmod, because i don't have warranty on my phone. So if i brick it, it would be my own BRICK =.)

PS

of course it's a Gen2

Edited by Vvorth

Guest hecatae
Is someone tried to unlock RAM on a chinese Blade? Is it works for it?

I would have tried, but i afraid erasing clockworkmod, because i don't have warranty on my phone. So if i brick it, it would be my own BRICK =.)

PS

of course it's a Gen2

remember to take the battery out, run the program as administrator, and you are very unlikely to brick it.

Guest vicsekm

hecatae's tutorial work fine to unlock hungarian Vodafone devices to 512MB RAM Thanks. Vodafone said at least a month to get a fix. LOL

Guest alekosgi

HI to all.

I am a new member with ZTE BLADE (now) GEN 2.It was GEN 1 and after an update from WIND GREECE it is Froyo 2.2 and GEN 2.

My question is , how can i go back to GEN 1 to unlock the memory to 512 or can i unlock the memory now with GEN 2 ?

Thank you.

Guest epyloxias
HI to all.

I am a new member with ZTE BLADE (now) GEN 2.It was GEN 1 and after an update from WIND GREECE it is Froyo 2.2 and GEN 2.

My question is , how can i go back to GEN 1 to unlock the memory to 512 or can i unlock the memory now with GEN 2 ?

Thank you.

Follow this guide http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-only-flashing/ and you are ready to go!

Guest alekosgi
Follow this guide http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-only-flashing/ and you are ready to go!

You mean this guide below ?

I think this guide is to go back to GEN 1 right ?

Thank you

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tested out my idea and it works as intended. No Damage to IMEI. This should make the process a fair bit more reliable and less frightening.

Files needed for downgrade

• Gen2toGen1Windows_v2.zip – contains the downgrade tool and Gen1 Firmware. md5:219775DFAB48828919B87E46D9ABFA93

• restore_stock_recovery.zip - flashes stock recovery which enables FTM mode

• recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.8-blade-gen1-update_signed.zip – this is so you can flash clockworkmod correctly after the downgrade

http://www.mediafire.com/?iv91d1edrd2iytj or another ROM that supports Gen1 – This is so you can install a ROM after the downgrade

Method

1. Save restore_stock_recovery.zip, recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.8-blade-gen1-update_signed.zip, and Swedish_Spring_RLS5.zip to your phone's SD Card.

2. Restart your phone with volume down held. From clockworkmod recovery, flash restore_stock_recovery.zip. This will replace clockworkmod for the time being.

3. Restart your phone with volume down held. The words FTM should appear on the screen.

4. Connect your phone to your PC via USB.

5. Unzip the contents of Gen2toGen1Windows_v2.zip to your computer and run download_nochecksGen2.exe. There should be a green “Ready” under the start button. Press the start button.

6. Wait patiently while your phone is upgraded. Do not interrupt this process! Your screen will go black for a while.

7. When the upgrade is complete, a message will appear saying that flashing was successful.

8. Disconnect your phone and remove the battery. Reinsert the battery and turn on the phone (normally, with no buttons pressed). Your phone should boot into clockworkmod recovery.

9. This is IMPORTANT: clockworkmod is now installed to your phone’s boot partition. This means that if you install a ROM at this point you will overwrite clockworkmod. You must now flash recovery-clockwork 3.0.2.8-blade-gen1-update_signed.zip. This will install clockworkmod to the recovery partition where it belongs, replacing stock recovery (FTM mode).

10. Restart your phone with volume down held. It should boot into clockworkmod.

11. Install Swedish_Spring_RLS5.zip (or any other Gen1 ROM) in clockworkmod, and wipe data. Your phone is now Gen1 with Spedish Spring.

12. Check your IMEI and make sure it is the same as the one written behind the battery, and use the Ask Mr Pigfish app if you want to confirm you are running Gen1.

The changes I have made

All I have changed from v1 is to replace recovery.img with the stock gen1 recovery image and update boot.img with the latest Gen1 version of clockwork. The phone automatically boots into FTM mode at the end of the upgrade process – there is no need to intervene until the flasher has completed. As I said above, that means that clockworkmod will overwrite itself if you install a ROM before step 9. If you flash the wrong ROM at that point, your phone would become unbootable. After step 9, everything is back to normal and you can install as many incompatible ROMs as you like.

Edited by alekosgi

Guest wbaw
OK with all the talk going on about gen2, I decided to collate all info here. I hope this is it.

STEP 1:

First off, download this file containing the stock recoveries. http://www.mediafire.com/?kx76glmuxym6adp (Just rehosted here - All credit goes to hecatae for this). This is a simple zip that you can flash through clockwork. So after doing that, you will no longer have cwm but will have stock recovery on your phone (which is needed for gen1 to gen2 conversion.) Reboot to get back to your ROM.

At this point, download a gen2 build of CM7 like this one on to your sdcard and leave it there.(Important)

STEP 2:

Now there's many different ways you can partition your phone whilst moving to gen2.

• You can download hecatae's on the first page of this post -
http://www.multiupload.com/MZHDCOTG0Z You will find 2 folders inside this zip file. They will, respectively give you the following partition layouts -
gen2_org_partitions
-------------------
/dev/block/mtdblock4 37.5M /cache
/dev/block/mtdblock5 220.0M /system
/dev/block/mtdblock6 162.5M /data

gen2_128mb_system
-----------------
/dev/block/mtdblock5 128.0M /system
/dev/block/mtdblock6 254.5M /data[/codebox]

• kallt_kaffe's gen_conversion_ver2.zip located at
http://www.mediafire.com/?c7ccca95jf2huwr Now this zip has 4 different types of partition layouts -
[/list]
[codebox]gen2_org_partitions
-------------------
/dev/block/mtdblock5 220.0M /system
/dev/block/mtdblock6 162.5M /data

gen2_128mb_system
-----------------
/dev/block/mtdblock6 254.5M /data

gen2_128mb_system_no_oem
------------------------
/dev/block/mtdblock6 275.4M /data

gen2_128mb_system_no_oem_2mb_cache
----------------------------------
/dev/block/mtdblock4 2.0M /cache
/dev/block/mtdblock6 310.9M /data

I've also included this custom partition layout that I used - gen2_136mb_system_no_oem_2mb_cache - http://www.multiupload.com/J3HG2OIIQV

gen2_136mb_system_no_oem_2mb_cache
---------------------------------------
/dev/block/mtdblock4 2.0M /cache
/dev/block/mtdblock5 136.0M /system
/dev/block/mtdblock6 302.9M /data[/codebox]

This will obviously give you slightly less /data and a slightly larger /system. Choose any one of the above partition layouts and extract the corresponding folder on to your hard drive. It can be located anywhere at all, doesn't matter.

[size=4][font=Impact][b]STEP 3:
[/b][/font][/size]

Now, Inside the folder that you chose, there is an exe file called download_nochecksGen2.exe. Just run that file. You will be presented with the following screen

post-786419-1302738254_thumb.jpg

• Now, on your phone, power it down and power it back up holding down the volume-down key.
    [/list]
    • You will be presented with a screen that says FTM.
      [/list]
      • Now connect the phone to your PC, and then the Start button becomes clickable after a few seconds, assuming all drivers have been correctly installed.
        Just hit Start

[list]It will take 3 minutes or so to completely flash. DO NOT interrupt this process in any way. When this completes 98%, Clockworkmod recovery will start automatically on the phone. Wait for the process to complete.

[list]After flashing is complete, you will get a prompt on you computer screen saying flashing is done.

[list]Now on your phone, select Reboot Recovery, which will flash clockwork. Now, install CM7 in the usual way. (Install zip from sdcard)

[list]After installing that, select Reboot system now.

You will find yourself on the launcher screen. Congratulations, you have a gen2 device!

[size=4][font=Impact][b]STEP 4:

[/b][/font][/size]

[optional] If you want to verify this, download kk's Mr. Pigfish app from the market and it will say you have a gen2 device.

That's it.

Please feel free to point out any corrections.

Guest alekosgi

I have GEN 2 ZTE BLADE and i want to go back to GEN 1 to have 512 memory - OR - to unlock memory from GEN 2

Thanks again

Guest wbaw
I have GEN 2 ZTE BLADE and i want to go back to GEN 1 to have 512 memory - OR - to unlock memory from GEN 2

Thanks again

Is there a problem with your reading? I spent 3 pages explaining to do that to unlock your 512mb ram on gen2, it's also been confirmed that it works in this thread.

You don't want to go back to Gen1 & you could break your phone trying to do it.

It's the same process to unlock the 512mb ram on a Gen2 Greek Blade as 'the old way' to upgrade a Gen1 phone to Gen2. The guide itself needs updating to make that clearer. You need to flash the Gen2 Swedish radio firmware using the Windows flashing software, follow that guide exactly, then you will have 512mb ram & still be on Gen2.

Going back to Gen1 is complicated, not worthwhile & could be more dangerous for your phone.

Edited by wbaw

Guest alekosgi
Is there a problem with your reading? I spent 3 pages explaining to do that to unlock your 512mb ram on gen2, it's also been confirmed that it works in this thread.

You don't want to go back to Gen1 & you could break your phone trying to do it.

It's the same process to unlock the 512mb ram on a Gen2 Greek Blade as 'the old way' to upgrade a Gen1 phone to Gen2. The guide itself needs updating to make that clearer. You need to flash the Gen2 Swedish radio firmware using the Windows flashing software, follow that guide exactly, then you will have 512mb ram & still be on Gen2.

Going back to Gen1 is complicated, not worthwhile & could be more dangerous for your phone.

Thank you very much WBAW for your help.

I unlocked the rest of ram and now i have ZTE BLADE GEN 2 512 RAM GREEK WIND , but you could simply tell me from the beggining that the partitioning at the beggining of the tutorial was the key point.

Guest wbaw
Thank you very much WBAW for your help.

I unlocked the rest of ram and now i have ZTE BLADE GEN 2 512 RAM GREEK WIND , but you could simply tell me from the beggining that the partitioning at the beggining of the tutorial was the key point.

It has been mentioned a few times in this thread, you could try reading it! It's like Groundhog Day.

wbaw was right.

I unlocked the rest of ram but he could simply tell me from the beggining that the partitioning at the beggining of the tutorial was the key point.Anyway thanks wbaw and dont get mad. :mellow:

Solidchips just follow the tutorial wbaw said and at the end flash the ss rls5 and you will have unlocked the ram.

And make a sticky for the rest of the guys with new GEN2 phones in order to make their life easier :o . We can surely make one

Edited by wbaw

Guest Mr. Wizard

I can say for sure, that wbaw's advice on unlocking Greek zte blade GEN 2 to 512 WORKS. Just follow the instructions here

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...2-windows-only/

This guide is for updating GEN1 to GEN2, but it works even if your device is already GEN 2 by updating officialy to 2.2

So in the end you have 512 with the custom swedish rls5, or you can restore the backup with clockwork and have the original, with 512 now.

Thank you wbaw !