[MOD]UOT kitchen (Ultimate Online Theme Kitchen)

Guest shad0wboss

Guest shad0wboss

UOT KITCHEN

I'm sharing this here which is orignally posted on xda forums but i guess some of you aren't active there so why not post it here? I'm just sharing this with people here so that they can access the kitchen with ease

You can cook your own theme, fully modified, status bar, battery icons, boot animation, everything you can think of

Works on Zte blade but you have to upload your own framework-res from the rom you're using (system -> framework -> framework-res.apk)

INSTRUCTIONS

- Must have clockworkmod less then v3

- Go to File upload tab and upload the framework-res from the current rom you're using

- After each customization, don't forget to generate preview.

- When done customizing, go to summary tab and cook the rom then you can pick it up from pickup tab.

NOTE:

-Customize as much as you want but keep in mind the size of the rom from kitchen you've cooked and the size of your rom must fit in the partition (gen1 = 128 mb) (gen2 = 136mb)

-In fileupload tab, don't forget to choose Amend scripting.

-Cooking a rom does require time and wants you to be patient but it's worth it for what you'll get.

-For FROYO roms, the time color on the notification bar won't change and will remain black so don't choose a black status bar color, the time won't be visible.

Happy flashing :)

donatebig.gif them, they deserve this for putting so much work into making this possible and the updates they release all the time

custombat1.pngcustombat4.pngcustombat3.pngcustombat7.pngcustombat10.pngcustombat13.png

customcharge3.gifcustomcharge2.gifcustomcharge1.gif

Edited by shad0wboss

Guest Len Ash

Hmm.. I assume you haven't really tried much in anger? Some of the mods (particularly the notification bar) MAY only partially work once flashed. And it may be worth advising folk that you may have a wait to get in to the kitchen and to get the download out. And on the Blade, signing the result is sometimes required for most Blade ROMs on here...

It's a great idea, and XDA (yes, I'm an active member there under a completely different name) are making improvements all the time. Anyone fancy hosting/donating, the contact details are on the UOT site.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest shad0wboss
Hmm.. I assume you haven't really tried much in anger? Some of the mods (particularly the notification bar) MAY only partially work once flashed. And it may be worth advising folk that you may have a wait to get in to the kitchen and to get the download out. And on the Blade, signing the result is sometimes required for most Blade ROMs on here...

It's a great idea, and XDA (yes, I'm an active member there under a completely different name) are making improvements all the time. Anyone fancy hosting/donating, the contact details are on the UOT site.

I've added donate link as it'll support the devs who've spent their time putting the work into it.

yeah, sometimes, these .zips can actually mess up your phone. when i tried it, it took my clock away, on the notification bar.

which was a huge pain in the neck

Guest Len Ash
yeah, sometimes, these .zips can actually mess up your phone. when i tried it, it took my clock away, on the notification bar.

which was a huge pain in the neck

Yep, the clock text is often the wrong colour, as in the same as the background. Plus, most of the XDA devs are focussed on the massive global HTC/Samsung/LG communities right now.

We'll get there...

Guest shad0wboss
Yep, the clock text is often the wrong colour, as in the same as the background. Plus, most of the XDA devs are focussed on the massive global HTC/Samsung/LG communities right now.

We'll get there...

If you clearly look at the section of the notification bar, it says that only in froyo roms, the color changes for date only and the color of the time will remain black only in FROYO.

It can also mess up IF you get a framework-res.apk from another rom which you aren't using and then trying to use that framework-res.apk onto another rom. I've used it 25 times now in past days on different froyo roms and haven't had a single problem. i would say it's pretty stable version it's at atm.

If you clearly look at the section of the notification bar, it says that only in froyo roms, the color changes for date only and the color of the time will remain black only in FROYO.

It can also mess up IF you get a framework-res.apk from another rom which you aren't using and then trying to use that framework-res.apk onto another rom. I've used it 25 times now in past days on different froyo roms and haven't had a single problem. i would say it's pretty stable version it's at atm.

most roms are froyo and what if someone wants a black status bar?

Guest shad0wboss
most roms are froyo and what if someone wants a black status bar?

Too bad then :/

i believe, you can change the font color of the clock yourself if you search around google a bit. I haven't tried it yet but when i'm free i can post the whole procedure of changing the color of time on the notification bar and if i find anything, i'll post that too to aid you as much as i can.

Found these for now:

[Guide] How to change the color of Notification bar

[solved!] Changing Notification Application Text Color - FroYo XML Editing

Guest Len Ash

I said there were known problems with the "colours" in the notification bar in my first post... why are you telling me that again? LOL

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ericchiang87

I wants to flash the CM7 N73 rom with Darktremor a2sd 2.7.5.3 Beta 04 and the custom theme.

However, if I added the a2sd, the theme cannot be installed. It is just looping on boot.

If I installed the theme, then the a2sd cannot be setup. It said that /system/bin/bash: /system/bin/launcha2sd: No such file or directory

Is there any method to install them properly?

My UOT is UOT-05-15-09-35-1.

Thanks!