Unable to install Clockworkmod on my Desire !

Guest Vincèn

Guest Vincèn

Hi,

I'm trying to install a custom ROM on my Desire (non operator version, stock rom). So I rooted it with VISIONary+ and it looks to have succeeded. Then I installed RomManager to install Clockworkmod ! When I select Flash Clockworkmod in RomManager it states after few seconds that it downloaded it but not that it flashed it :) When I reboot with recovery mode I get the default android menu and not the one of Clockworkmod. What's wrong ?

Here are all infos of my phone in Boot:

BRAVO PVT1 SHIP S-OFF

HBOOT-0.93.0001

MICROP-031d

TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101

RADIO-5.11.05.27

Aug 10 2010,17:52:18

and in software versions:

Android version: 2.2

Base band: 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27

Kernel version: 2.6.32.15-gf5a401c

htc-kernel@and18-2#1

Build version: 2.29.405.5 CL293415 release keys

Software: 2.29.405.5

Webkit 3.1

Thanks for all in advance,

Vincèn

Guest Mikeraul
Hi,

I'm trying to install a custom ROM on my Desire (non operator version, stock rom). So I rooted it with VISIONary+ and it looks to have succeeded. Then I installed RomManager to install Clockworkmod ! When I select Flash Clockworkmod in RomManager it states after few seconds that it downloaded it but not that it flashed it :) When I reboot with recovery mode I get the default android menu and not the one of Clockworkmod. What's wrong ?

Here are all infos of my phone in Boot:

BRAVO PVT1 SHIP S-OFF

HBOOT-0.93.0001

MICROP-031d

TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101

RADIO-5.11.05.27

Aug 10 2010,17:52:18

and in software versions:

Android version: 2.2

Base band: 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27

Kernel version: 2.6.32.15-gf5a401c

htc-kernel@and18-2#1

Build version: 2.29.405.5 CL293415 release keys

Software: 2.29.405.5

Webkit 3.1

Thanks for all in advance,

Vincèn

I have had my experience with clockworkmod recovery, usually works well, however I found Amon_ra's recovery to be a lot faster and more reliable.

You can download the latest version from here: amon_ra 2.0.

Anyway, no matter what recovery you choose you can always install it via Unrevoked:

1.Uninstall htc sync from your computer.

2.Download the Unrevoked.exe from here, and extract it to a folder on your desktop.

3.Only if you are using windows you will need to install Hboot drivers ( it is very simple, just follow the instructions here).

4.Next, open the folder "reflash_package" and run reflash.exe. By default, it installs clockworkmod recovery, but I strongly recommend to use Amon's recovery. If you want to use it, just press ctrl+r and choose the .img file above, and only then connect your device via usb cable to your pc and enable usb debugging. If you want clockworkmod's recovery, you do not need to choose .img file, just connect the usb cable and begin flashing (follow the instructions in the software carefully).

Good Luck!

Guest Vincèn
I have had my experience with clockworkmod recovery, usually works well, however I found Amon_ra's recovery to be a lot faster and more reliable.

You can download the latest version from here: amon_ra 2.0.

Anyway, no matter what recovery you choose you can always install it via Unrevoked:

1.Uninstall htc sync from your computer.

2.Download the Unrevoked.exe from here, and extract it to a folder on your desktop.

3.Only if you are using windows you will need to install Hboot drivers ( it is very simple, just follow the instructions here).

4.Next, open the folder "reflash_package" and run reflash.exe. By default, it installs clockworkmod recovery, but I strongly recommend to use Amon's recovery. If you want to use it, just press ctrl+r and choose the .img file above, and only then connect your device via usb cable to your pc and enable usb debugging. If you want clockworkmod's recovery, you do not need to choose .img file, just connect the usb cable and begin flashing (follow the instructions in the software carefully

Thanks for your help, in fact I forgot to mention in my message that I got no luck with unrevocked (I ran it on Mac) but it gives an error at end of process about Backup CID not found :) and I just tried now with amonra custom recovery rom in Unrevoked but now it doesn't want to detect my cellphone unless it tells me Debug mode is activated in my cell phone when I plug it on my Mac ! is there a way to install amon_ra by hand ?

Thanks for all, cheers,

Vincèn

Guest Mikeraul
Thanks for your help, in fact I forgot to mention in my message that I got no luck with unrevocked (I ran it on Mac) but it gives an error at end of process about Backup CID not found :) and I just tried now with amonra custom recovery rom in Unrevoked but now it doesn't want to detect my cellphone unless it tells me Debug mode is activated in my cell phone when I plug it on my Mac ! is there a way to install amon_ra by hand ?

Thanks for all, cheers,

Vincèn

You must enable usb debugging on your Desire, I hope you're not trying to do this with your phone off or in bootloader. Your Desire must be ON and fully loaded (in HTC homescreen like in everyday use). Make sure you first choose the .img file first , and only then plug in your usb cable.

If this does not work, try it on a windows computer, but remember to install the driver first.

Edited by Mikeraul

Guest Vincèn
You must enable usb debugging on your Desire, I hope you're not trying to do this with your phone off or in bootloader. Your Desire must be ON and fully loaded (in HTC homescreen like in everyday use). Make sure you first choose the .img file first , and only then plug in your usb cable.

If this does not work, try it on a windows computer, but remember to install the driver first.

Tried on an other Mac and it's nearly ok but Unrevoked fails to get root It tells me: Failed to get root, perhaps your firwmare is too new :) so an other way ?

Thanks,

Vincèn

Guest Mikeraul
Tried on an other Mac and it's nearly ok but Unrevoked fails to get root It tells me: Failed to get root, perhaps your firwmare is too new :) so an other way ?

Thanks,

Vincèn

I have never encountered this problem, on the other hand I am not an expert, are you sure your phone is rooted?

Maybe you should post this question in xda-developers forums, there are many great programmers over there: XDA

Guest Vincèn
I have never encountered this problem, on the other hand I am not an expert, are you sure your phone is rooted?

I tried both, with phone rooted and non-rooted but same result :)

Maybe you should post this question in xda-developers forums, there are many great programmers over there: XDA

Thanks for link but unhappy I don't succeed to post in XDA forum, I always get an error when I try :)

Someone else has an idea ?

Thanks,

Vincèn