(Further) Unlock questions

Guest Maringer

Guest Maringer

After a sudden rush of blood to the head last night, I bid on and won a Defy on eBay. Don't imagine I'll receive it until after the Bank Holiday this weekend but I'm having a look around to see what I can learn about the device in advance.

It looks as though it will be a rather more tricky proposition to modify compared to my current Blade (!), but my biggest worry is how I'm going to get it unlocked.

The phone is, apparently, locked to T-Mobile but I'm currently on Orange (soon to move to Giff-Gaff). I've searched through this forum (and XDA) but can't see for certain anybody in the UK who has confirmed they've been able to unlock their Defy successfully, either through a code purchased online or by contacting T-Mobile to pay for the code from them.

Can anybody in the UK confirm they have successfully managed to unlock through either of these processes? My girlfriend has a T-Mobile contract so I expect getting her to contact T-Mob might be the best choice?

Any help or advice will be gratefully received!

Guest Frankish

I did the exact same thing bud. Had my Blade...browsed Ebay and suddenly had paid £210 for a brand new Moto Defy! These guys take 2-3 days tops to send a working code... http://www.swiftunlock.net/

Also why not pop on over to XDA's Defy forums, they are a little busier than this dead place!

If you need any help once it arrives i'll be happy to help out as it takes a lot of reading to get your head around! We have a better CM7 port on Defy than the Blade too and it took 1 guy only a couple of weeks so far :mellow:

Oh and i'm ephumuris over on XDA you will no doubt see me posting a lot :o I even ported some of my themes from Blade over to a rom for the Defy.

Edited by Frankish

Guest Maringer

Thanks for that. I'd seen mention of the Swiftunlock site but wasn't sure their codes worked for a UK-based Defy. I'll give them a try when my phone turns up.

I'd seen the thread over at XDA about the Defy CM7 and was amazed with the speed at which it has been developed! Looks as though I'll be moving from Blade CM7 to Defy CM7 pretty smoothly!

I've bought a used Defy at a pretty good price (that'll teach the seller to have his auction finish during the Man United game!), so I just need to give it a good once-over when it arrives to ensure all is working well.

The Blade is an unbelievable phone for the money so I just hope that the Defy proves to be a suitably good step up in performance.

See you over at XDA! :mellow:

Guest fredewis

yayayayan frankish has a defy lol i did same as you guys and sold my blade i do miss the custom.....i could do but game on defy rock....