Problem upgrading ROM Manager

Guest djkaija

Guest djkaija

I've been trying to upgrade my CMR over the weekend but with little success. Basically when I flash ROM Manager v4 in recovery mode, I get the orange test (which I'm told is the colour for CMR v3) However when I reboot the phone it reverts to v2.5.0.7. I've tried:

Removing/uninstalling ROM Manager and doing a fresh install from the Market

Installing the apk via HTC Sync

Following the hack instructions here

Doing a rain dance

None of the above have worked.

Has anyone come across this problem? How did you fix it?

Thanks in advance.

PS

Rooted HTC Desire

Apologies to Mods if this is in the wrong place!

Guest Mixy

Yeah, it wont work through ROM Manager yet i think (different developers for CWM 3.0 and earlier versions).

Either flash it through unrevoked if you are s-on, or by fastboot (USB-cable to PC) if you are s-off

Guest djkaija
Yeah, it wont work through ROM Manager yet i think (different developers for CWM 3.0 and earlier versions).

Either flash it through unrevoked if you are s-on, or by fastboot (USB-cable to PC) if you are s-off

Thanks Mixy - I'm S-On so looks like unrevoked. Not at my usual machine but I imagine you open unrevoked and go to File>Custom Recovery then locate the ROM Manager .img file?

If I remember correctly also, I start the phone with vol turned down? If you have/remember instructions please post. Thanks again.

Edited by djkaija

Guest bpivk
If I remember correctly also, I start the phone with vol turned down?

No. You start the phone normaly. At least that's that I always do.

Edit: That sounded like I root all the time. I should say that's what I did on two phones. :mellow:

Edited by bpivk