Points to note...
- This is created for, only tested on and should probably only be used on PDA version XWKDD (check with *#1234#)
- This is an insecure boot image - it allows adb shell root and adb remount
- This does not root your device, but it allows you to push the su binary and Superuser APK required for root
- This image also disables the flash-recovery script, and replaces it with a call to /data/local/custom-scripting.sh if it exists
- This image needs to be installed from a Windows PC
- Download and extract this zip (MD5: 7d7c9e2bc10aec1b5e36d4122ebc6917)
- Download and install Samsung KIES (this installs the required drivers)
- Turn your device on with volume down, action and power pressed - press 'up' at the warning prompt
- Run the Odin EXE you just extracted from the ZIP
- Click the button labelled 'PDA', and select the TAR file you just exrtracted from the ZIP. Do NOT change any other options!
- Click Start. When the process is complete, your device will reboot and you're done!
Superuser can be found in this topic, after installing the insecure boot you can push the files as required.