change google password now locked out

Guest gbh999

Guest gbh999

I had to change my Google password on my PC, I'm now locked out on my Streak with no option to change password.

I've reset data and done a hard reset, Still no luck,

Any ideas?? as I may have to just dump the phone!

Gerry

Guest TEC
I had to change my Google password on my PC, I'm now locked out on my Streak with no option to change password.

I've reset data and done a hard reset, Still no luck,

Any ideas?? as I may have to just dump the phone!

Gerry

Meaning??? you can't boot? it boots to the DELL logo and stops? it boots all the way in but won't let you unlock? you can get in but not in any Google apps???

Please explain "locked out".

Guest gbh999
Meaning??? you can't boot? it boots to the DELL logo and stops? it boots all the way in but won't let you unlock? you can get in but not in any Google apps???

Please explain "locked out".

I'm sorry I should of made myself clear. I mean I'm locked out of my Google account on my phone, but not on my PC. I had to change my password on my Google account, which I did on my PC.

When I try to get into my Google acount on my Streak it wont accept the new password, and wont let me change it. I cant get into "market" , "Gmail", "calendar" or "Contacts". Everything else is fine.

Thank you for any help.

Gerry

Guest Wee Thomas
I'm sorry I should of made myself clear. I mean I'm locked out of my Google account on my phone, but not on my PC. I had to change my password on my Google account, which I did on my PC.

When I try to get into my Google acount on my Streak it wont accept the new password, and wont let me change it. I cant get into "market" , "Gmail", "calendar" or "Contacts". Everything else is fine.

Thank you for any help.

Gerry

Well, this doesn't make any sense. If you've reset data and done a hard reset, you will need to add your google account again. To your phone, this is the first time ever seeing that account. At this point, it should accept the correct password. There will be no "old" password to change. Are you sure you've changed your google account password?

Edited by Wee Thomas

Guest gbh999
Well, this doesn't make any sense. If you've reset data and done a hard reset, you will need to add your google account again. To your phone, this is the first time ever seeing that account. At this point, it should accept the correct password. There will be no "old" password to change. Are you sure you've changed your google account password?

Quite sure.I can access my google account on my PC with my NEW password, but Not on my Streak even after a Factory Reset!

It's all very strange.

Gerry

Guest gbh999
Quite sure.I can access my google account on my PC with my NEW password, but Not on my Streak even after a Factory Reset!

It's all very strange.

Gerry

I've found the problem. I nsigned up for the Google verification program, which messed things up. I have now switched off the verification and all is well, thanks for

your help.

Gerry

Guest Wee Thomas
I've found the problem. I nsigned up for the Google verification program, which messed things up. I have now switched off the verification and all is well, thanks for

your help.

Gerry

Hey, thanks for sharing. This will likely be helpful to someone else in the future!