Crashing / Freezing O2X

Guest goatee

Guest goatee

Over at XDA there's a massive (100+ pages) thread from people whose O2Xs are crashing and need a battery pull. I've had 2 such handsets, and my wife 1, so between us 3/3 handsets have had this problem. Am I alone in the Modaco community with this issue?

Edited by goatee

Guest mboto
Over at XDA there's a massive (100+ pages) thread from people whose O2Xs are crashing and need a battery pull. I've had 2 such handsets, and my wife 1, so between us 3/3 handsets have had this problem. Am I alone in the Modaco community with this issue?

Definately not. I'm also having these issues. Had them since day one.

Guest roakes

I sent mine back for this issue, still waiting to hear back. I got it from Superetrader and I sent them a long email explaining the issues, they sent the phone back to supplier and replied saying they couldn't find anything wrong then asked for details of the issue, I told them to read my initial email and then they thanked me and said they would pass the details on for re-test...why didn't they do that in the first place?!

Anyway, that was 2 days ago...so we wait. Frankly considering so many people have the same issues unless they find and fix an issue I'm not willing to have a replacement, I'll be asking for a refund.

Guest goatee

I'm just surprised that there isn't more info / fuss here.

I sent mine back for this issue, still waiting to hear back. I got it from Superetrader and I sent them a long email explaining the issues, they sent the phone back to supplier and replied saying they couldn't find anything wrong then asked for details of the issue, I told them to read my initial email and then they thanked me and said they would pass the details on for re-test...why didn't they do that in the first place?!

Anyway, that was 2 days ago...so we wait. Frankly considering so many people have the same issues unless they find and fix an issue I'm not willing to have a replacement, I'll be asking for a refund.

Guest Reckoner123
I'm just surprised that there isn't more info / fuss here.

Theres a big thread called 'Lock ups' a couple of pages back maybe now. From my experience I had it alot more on Stock than when Im flashing it as per FR release now. I only get it locking up on charge, but its still annoying when you rely on the phone for an alarm.

Edited by Reckoner123

Guest the1c3man

Could this be due to the CPU overheating?

When my phone is charging and the battery is getting warm i get locks, plus when the phone has been used heaverly for a while with wi-fi on.

I've tried some temp apps but says not supported by kernal or no sensors found.

Wounder if paul could add something to the kernal so we can monitor this?

Guest goatee

It could well be. . .

Could this be due to the CPU overheating?

When my phone is charging and the battery is getting warm i get locks, plus when the phone has been used heaverly for a while with wi-fi on.

I've tried some temp apps but says not supported by kernal or no sensors found.

Wounder if paul could add something to the kernal so we can monitor this?

Guest fireedo
It could well be. . .

I really need this problem to be fixed because I think this phone is great but having this problem makes me think to replace this phone with SGS 2

Guest goatee

Yeah, I'm just not sure - it's really annoying, but I really love this phone.

I really need this problem to be fixed because I think this phone is great but having this problem makes me think to replace this phone with SGS 2

Guest ben1th

maybe that could be interesting:

i got a replacement about 2 weeks ago. some days ago first time i used the hdmi out. since then im having lots of problems.

Edited by ben1th

Guest destesi

Had this problem from the first day of use. In an italian forum they say that this issue can be avoided using baseband 10a but I cannot confirm as I updated to 10b the first day and 10d the third day of use. Will try if the problem will become more frequent. Right now it's too sporadic to justify flashing stock version with baseband 10a.

Guest tempo22

Hi everyone,

i'm also having some freeze issues but mainly once i get the phone running abit ( like using a game or a navigation app) i can feel the phone getting warm ( not hot ) and make running the AP for long without problems but as soon as i leave it and come back to homescreen, my phone freeze and i have to remove the battery.

Anyone have an idea on this ? Should i return it or this is SW related and can be fixed with updates ( i'm running stock v10b )

Guest soundsk

Wow... I don't get it... Either I have been very lucky (which is usually NOT the case) or my stock ROM must be one of the best out there.

I've had literally none of the issues mentioned here or over at XDA. No reboots, no crashing or freezing, no battery-pulling, nothing... Is this related to the version of my ROM, or the phones hardware revision, or something?

(BTW my phone info is the following: LG-P990-v10b, android 2.2.2, baseband 1035.21_20110218, kernel version 2.6.32.9-dirty, build FRG83G.)

Very little lag too. The only time i noticed some lag was when i got the phone. Being my first android phone i went crazy and tried a whole bunch of apps. Then i selected the ones i really needed and/or were good and useful, wiped the system and installed only the selected ones. Phone is fast and responsive since then...

Let's see what LG gives us with gingerbread, but if it sucks, i'm going back to my first stock, it seems it's a keeper!

Cheers!

Guest goatee

By all means not everyone is affected - and apart from the crashes (and one reboot I've had), it's a superb phone, and I'm delighted with it.

Wow... I don't get it... Either I have been very lucky (which is usually NOT the case) or my stock ROM must be one of the best out there.

I've had literally none of the issues mentioned here or over at XDA. No reboots, no crashing or freezing, no battery-pulling, nothing... Is this related to the version of my ROM, or the phones hardware revision, or something?

(BTW my phone info is the following: LG-P990-v10b, android 2.2.2, baseband 1035.21_20110218, kernel version 2.6.32.9-dirty, build FRG83G.)

Very little lag too. The only time i noticed some lag was when i got the phone. Being my first android phone i went crazy and tried a whole bunch of apps. Then i selected the ones i really needed and/or were good and useful, wiped the system and installed only the selected ones. Phone is fast and responsive since then...

Let's see what LG gives us with gingerbread, but if it sucks, i'm going back to my first stock, it seems it's a keeper!

Cheers!

Guest soundsk

As am I. It has replaced my netbook in many situations, and with phones reaching this level, i for one find the tablet sector to be a bit redundant...

My only reserve/concearn with this phone is the power button. I have a feeling that it won't hold up very long, having to be pressed every time one uses the phone... Hope i'm wrong though...

Pardon the offtopic!

By all means not everyone is affected - and apart from the crashes (and one reboot I've had), it's a superb phone, and I'm delighted with it.

Guest goatee

I'm actually delighted with the build quality, and have no such fears :unsure:.

My only reserve/concearn with this phone is the power button. I have a feeling that it won't hold up very long, having to be pressed every time one uses the phone... Hope i'm wrong though...

Pardon the offtopic!

Guest goatee

That's a shame, because LG have finally 'fessed up, and releasing an update to solve it, Paul has got the O2X as smooth as his GS2 (though he's not started working his stuff on it), and Gingerbread should turn up at some point (if you don't want CM7).

What are you going to get instead?

I am now being refunded for my unit, sorry O2X but we just weren't right together :P

Guest roakes

Well considering I had it for 2 weeks, sent it off for "repair" and they have had it 5 weeks and counting it was getting a bit silly. Got an email today saying that the suppliers have decided to credit superetrader for it as faulty and I will receive a refund.

Planning on forking out an extra £70 and getting the Samsung Galaxy S2 as I handled one here at work and it's a nice piece of kit.

Guest goatee
Well considering I had it for 2 weeks, sent it off for "repair" and they have had it 5 weeks and counting it was getting a bit silly. Got an email today saying that the suppliers have decided to credit superetrader for it as faulty and I will receive a refund.

Planning on forking out an extra £70 and getting the Samsung Galaxy S2 as I handled one here at work and it's a nice piece of kit.

Fair enough - and from Paul's comments to date, I'm sure he'll be showing it plenty of Modaco love :P.

Guest sebastienw

I'm on my third unit.

I think there are two problems here.

If your phone usually runs hot (constant 35-40°C), overheats and BSOD (often while charging, but not only), it's some hardware issue, ask for a replacement.

If your phone "only" randomly restarts (asking for PIN code at wake up), I'm pretty sure the hardware is fine, it's a software issue that will get fixed at some point (LG really botched their ROM).

I've had my third unit for 3 weeks, and had 3 reboots (twice when losing wifi network/coverage, third at 11:00a this Sunday, never when charging).

I've had two BSOD while running CM7 for a couple hours but the phone wasn't overheating during BSOD.

On average, my first 2 units were running hotter than the 3rd (around the SIM card slot location). Third unit rarely goes above 30°C.

Each unit I've had where V10a and 20110223 from The Netherlands.

Edited by sebastienw