Nexus S super user permissions 2.3.4 (grj22)

Guest delboyaa

Guest delboyaa

Hi guys, I've managed to unlock my ns but ran into lots of problems installing a recovery mod and su permission. I flashed clockwork 3.0.0.0 and then the super user zip from cmd (all looked ok) but when i came to reboot the phone just hung on the google logo although i could enter recovery. After messing around abit mounting and unmounting various storage, i finally managed revert back to stock rom 2.3.3 which duly updated to 2.3.4 (grj22).

This is where my problem is, although the phone is working perfectly. Im back to my above stock rom but when i mount the usb storage all i can see is the external partition (debugging or not), is this correct with 2.3.4 or have i done something while messing around in recovery? This problem is making it hard to progress with my rooting as i can't save anything to internal storage including recovery mods and su files etc. Im guessing as well I cant enter recovery because it got wiped when i reverted and it doesn't come as standard in stock 2.3.4 rom?

I know Paul is working on a one click method for rooting and su permisions on the ns version GRJ22, that'll be worth the subscription fee alone!

ps: forgive me if anything above sounds dumb, i feel like i've read so many forums that my head's going to explode!

Guest delboyaa

Just in case anybody's interested.

I went through the same procedure again but this time installing clockwork recovery 3.0.2.4, the same thing happened before. When I tried to reboot, the screen just hung on the Google logo. I managed to reboot into the recovery where I sorted the internal memory problem by selecting to mount (as opposed to unmount) and this did the trick and I could see all memory again. I then settled on the Cyanogenmod 7.0.3-NS with works a treat (thanks devs). I now have Superuser permissions.

I'm presuming the standard superuser methods haven't quite been tweaked for the new version of Gingerbread 2.3.4 (grj22) Rom that's just been updated for the nexus s.