Acer Liquid 2.3 roms

Guest michaelviper

Guest michaelviper

I'm new to acer liquid and there are so many roms here so can someone please tell me first all the 2.3 roms and which has the most features and is the most stable.

Thanks in Advance :mellow:

Guest cKen

Leogingerbread's liquid edition v5(this is the one i use and love <3), CM7 liquid (kang) RC1, MIUI 1.4.29.

Personally for me the best is leogingerbread but u can always try others (:

Guest Jack is back

now the best is... MIUI 1.5.6 (the 1st 2.3.4 rom with working camcorder)

for me...that the best...

sorry for my english ( I'm french)

Guest HustlinDaily
Latest CyanogenMod by thepasto is the best today - no bugs and everything works.

THERE IS A NEW ONE?!?!?!

BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD ALL DAY!!!!!

Thanks dude. Gonna flash tonight for sure!

Guest Splux
THERE IS A NEW ONE?!?!?!

BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD ALL DAY!!!!!

Thanks dude. Gonna flash tonight for sure!

post 1444 or 1441 or something similiar in the CM7 kang thread :mellow:

(if you wonder :o)

Latest CM7 from thepasto is awesome, so far I haven't found a single bug or anything :D

Edited by Splux

Guest sunshine333
post 1444 or 1441 or something similiar in the CM7 kang thread :unsure:

(if you wonder :))

Latest CM7 from thepasto is awesome, so far I haven't found a single bug or anything :P

I can second that this new rom is awesome. I haven't found any bugs yet either, and camcorder works!

Guest natostanco
post 1444 or 1441 or something similiar in the CM7 kang thread :unsure:

(if you wonder :))

Latest CM7 from thepasto is awesome, so far I haven't found a single bug or anything :P

ahhhrg i missed it, why couldn't he add it on the first post ;)

Guest stanomx

Hmm yesterday I flashed this new CM7 from thepasto (why it isn`t in first post?)... looks very good, but when I push power button to unlock screen it takes about 4 seconds to show me the lockscreen. (sorry for my english). WTF?

Guest DasTisu
Hmm yesterday I flashed this new CM7 from thepasto (why it isn`t in first post?)... looks very good, but when I push power button to unlock screen it takes about 4 seconds to show me the lockscreen. (sorry for my english). WTF?

Known "bug", something with the new kernel.

Guest Auxx

I'm having slow wake ups with every ROM including official. Maybe CM is a bit slower, but I'm used to. So I can't objectively comment on that.

Guest Reapman

Before I start let me just say I think we Acer Liquid peeps got some of the best developers out there, they do AMAZING work. With that said I'm not sure any 2.3 ROM is ready as a daily - haven't tried in last couple of weeks but I had issues with crashes, SD Card, Data randomly dying, etc. 2.3 is truly bleeding edge - proceed at your own caution :unsure:

Another issue I had is - what's the latest version of each ROM? Even reading through 40 pages of comments I'm still pretty lost as to which ROM to use etc etc. Our developers are too busy developing, feels like we need someone to keep track of what ROM is the latest etc.

I considered making a post listing the ROM's, links to each, what works what doesn't etc, but I'm afraid I'd run out of time myself. And an outdated post like that is worse then no post I figure..

I find 2.2 "just works" - it's slower, it's not as pretty, and some features I desperately miss, but it does work.

Guest HustlinDaily
With that said I'm not sure any 2.3 ROM is ready as a daily

From what I understand, Acer has been releasing incomplete source code.

Upgrading from Froyo to Gingerbread is tough, doing that upgrade with incomplete source code, we are lucky to have what we have (and it seems to be getting better).

Edited by HustlinDaily

Guest Mecallie

Hi folks,

I am also new here, and I am trying to read up on my info so that I can choose the correct 2.3 firmware.

One thing that I cannot find: it says Liquid everywhere, sometimes I see somone using a Liquid E.

My question is: will these custom roms work on the Liquid E (mine came factory with 2.2)? I think the model is called A2?

Edited by Mecallie

Guest Splux
Hi folks,

I am also new here, and I am trying to read up on my info so that I can choose the correct 2.3 firmware.

One thing that I cannot find: it says Liquid everywhere, sometimes I see somone using a Liquid E.

My question is: will these custom roms work on the Liquid E (mine came factory with 2.2)? I think the model is called A2?

The model is called Liquid E, and as far as I know all 2.3 ROMs' should work just fine with Liquid E, do a nandroid backup before you flash. Just in case :unsure:

Guest renzs
Hi folks,

I'm using thepasto's build (#1444) on my Liquid E and only thing for me is compass not working. I'm using it for everyday use (no 2nd phone for me).

~renzs

Guest Mecallie
I'm using thepasto's build (#1444) on my Liquid E and only thing for me is compass not working. I'm using it for everyday use (no 2nd phone for me).

~renzs

I am using Leo's Gingerbread now. Working great, much faster and the response of the touchscreen is waaaaaay better!

But on this one the compass is also not working. Minor drawback, does come in handy sometimes.

• 2 years later...