• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

Princeagarwal

Princeagarwal

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
the problem is that in the samsung settings i cannot chose the i/p method, clicking on it does not work.
i use touchpal keyboard, to register touchpal, registration code has to be entered there in the i/p settings

secondly, i may use s2u2 lock but it also has ram leakage, can anything be done about itp as ram goes on decreasing with usage of lockscreen

Bounser

Bounser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia QWERTY
Hello everybody,

I like this rom, its not that fast. But it works for me. Keep up that rom making!

Greetings Bounser

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Defy+

the problem is that in the samsung settings i cannot chose the i/p method, clicking on it does not work.
i use touchpal keyboard, to register touchpal, registration code has to be entered there in the i/p settings

secondly, i may use s2u2 lock but it also has ram leakage, can anything be done about itp as ram goes on decreasing with usage of lockscreen

I'm using TouchLockPro. It's not a lockscreen, but it locks the phone by the proximity sensor, or by swinging, or anyhow. You can set it really widely.

Princeagarwal

Princeagarwal

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

I'm using TouchLockPro. It's not a lockscreen, but it locks the phone by the proximity sensor, or by swinging, or anyhow. You can set it really widely.

thanx for the nice lock :unsure:

please solve the input method problem

lsh222

lsh222

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Bugs:I use 2011-5-12 version,System halted when power on sometimes(when display picture "Onima Pro").I have try most digital power indicator,All could cause System halted when power on(Or restart),the difference of them is probability.And I notice that almost all DIY system which don't use digital power indicator hasn't this problem.Please don't use it in next version.

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Bugs:I use 2011-5-12 version,System halted when power on sometimes(when display picture "Onima Pro").I have try most digital power indicator,All could cause System halted when power on(Or restart),the difference of them is probability.And I notice that almost all DIY system which don't use digital power indicator hasn't this problem.Please don't use it in next version.

I don't understand a word from this...

Update:
I think I understand what you're talking about. The battery indicator. I need to say, you're a real troll!
The battery indicator is an IMAGE, not program or anything, just several images, one after another, no matter it has a percentage painted on it or not.

Edited by Rapid81, 18 May 2011 - 05:35 AM.

wolfspirit

wolfspirit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
By default please set in samsung settings rong in mode: Vibrate and ring. Couple of minutes i try to find out why all my rings are muted and Ring Volume always back to 0.
My bigest problem with this ROM is still phisical keyboard and wrong characters. How to change Input metod and phisical keyboard language?

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

By default please set in samsung settings rong in mode: Vibrate and ring. Couple of minutes i try to find out why all my rings are muted and Ring Volume always back to 0.
My bigest problem with this ROM is still phisical keyboard and wrong characters. How to change Input metod and phisical keyboard language?

That's what I don't know either. I never held a B7610 in my hands, so I don't know how it works. I'll look into the ROM and the removed files to try to find the problem with the keyboard, but I'm not promise anything. We'll see.

Edited by Rapid81, 18 May 2011 - 07:54 AM.

lsh222

lsh222

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

I don't understand a word from this...

Update:
I think I understand what you're talking about. The battery indicator. I need to say, you're a real troll!
The battery indicator is an IMAGE, not program or anything, just several images, one after another, no matter it has a percentage painted on it or not.

Glad to meets you.I use your ROM first time,I really like it.You are right,I meams "The battery indicator".I have ever used Daskalos's /Thunder141's ROM,Daskalos's ROM don't use digitial battery indicator,and it start normally,but if I install any of Attachment,It will halt when startup like your's sometime.Thunder141's and your's ROM are digitial,All have the startup problem.I am a layman,I don't know why,maybe occasionally?

Attached Files

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
Try this taskbar (DINIK Anastasia Taskbar):
Attached File  DINIK___Anastasia___Taskbar_v1.5.cab   1.75MB   17 downloads

I'll put this in the new ROM, but I don't know when it will be. I'm a little short of time right now.

Edited by Rapid81, 19 May 2011 - 07:54 AM.

wolfspirit

wolfspirit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I'm still testing this ROM. It's stable (if Sense is disabled) and fast. If you remove some small errors and enable Sense in horizontal mode this will be one of the best and nice looking cooked ROM's. Especial mapping of physical keyboard is painful. I also noticed that in most applications only second characters of two last rows are wrong but in Opera and IE almost all ALT characters of keyboard are wrong.
Daskalos replaced Samsung Keyboard with EZ Input and this is great virtual keyboard:
http://www.freewarep...ad-ezinput.html
He also work around problem with Sense consuming resource problems:
http://www.modaco.co...7610-23144-rom/
Also his ROM’s have no problem with scroll bars in phone application and Samsung Today placement on the screen. Maybe it’s registry or other tweaking.
Grat benefit of you ROM is front camera support and very good screen rotation when I use the keyboard. Daskalos ROM's have sometimes issues with that.
My WLAN now is working fine. I noticed that WLAN enabling problems have new cooked ROMS with new builds of windows.
To easily customize and install user application is good to integrate UC Net Portable:
http://www.modaco.co...7610-23145-rom/
For me O2Flash mapped by default to the key is useless because enable in my pocket when device is unlocked and dry battery. I mapped OK/Close to the key to fastly close applications.
Ant the last. You add “My own call screen with bigger caller picture” but in 12 may ROM version is still very small caller picture.

Princeagarwal

Princeagarwal

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
this is really a great rom, i hav disabled Chome and am getting about 67 mb free ram at start up with sense enabled, morover if i disable dialer skin then its another mb free i.e. 77mb free with sense, its bout 97 mb free without sense
Also the ring delay is gone

Thanx rapid for blessing us with this great rom

I have a query, which skin for winmo dialer appears when we start the phone without sim?
It looks really good, can be a good replacement for the samsung dialer

cappuccina

cappuccina

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Devices:Samsung B7610 Omnia Pro
Hi,
I really like your rom(s) but I again had the problem that after installing a .cab (this time it was a .cab to disable chome cause I wanted to have more Ram free)
that my phone won't boot anymore.
It just stays black after the samsung screen. I had to reflash AGAIN! :P
I also lost some numbers and sms (which is not that bad this time) but you never know when it will happen again and maybe next time I will loose something important.
You really have no idea what causes this behaviour? I really would want to use your rom.
Nevertheless you are doing a great job.
Thx.

Princeagarwal

Princeagarwal

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
@cappina
i also once faced this "stuck at samsung logo problem, dont know wat causes it, but the solution to it is to reboot without a sim card, on the reboot phone will be back to normal and thereafter you can again put ur sim and reboot :P

cappuccina

cappuccina

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
oh, great. Good to know. Will try this when I face this problem again. But for now I'm testing another sense rom (for comparison :P ) Thx for the hint.

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Hi,
I really like your rom(s) but I again had the problem that after installing a .cab (this time it was a .cab to disable chome cause I wanted to have more Ram free)
that my phone won't boot anymore.
It just stays black after the samsung screen. I had to reflash AGAIN! :P
I also lost some numbers and sms (which is not that bad this time) but you never know when it will happen again and maybe next time I will loose something important.
You really have no idea what causes this behaviour? I really would want to use your rom.
Nevertheless you are doing a great job.
Thx.

And what was that .cab file? Many people said this problem was caused by some kind of program.

Princeagarwal

Princeagarwal

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
@capuccina
ur welcum, do let me know if you can find anything smoother than this beast :P

@rapid
can we do any tweak to free a little more ram, actually the free ram keeps going down with usage so it would be better to have greater ram at start, i really like the samsung dialer so i dont want to disable it
thanks for the great rom

cappuccina

cappuccina

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

And what was that .cab file? Many people said this problem was caused by some kind of program.

hmm, it was the .cab file from Daskalos to disable windows Startmenu. I think it just makes a Change in registry, so not a special program.
And the first time I don't remember what .cab file I used. It could be that it was something that also changed only the registry. But I'm not sure. :P

Rapid81

Rapid81

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

@rapid
can we do any tweak to free a little more ram, actually the free ram keeps going down with usage so it would be better to have greater ram at start, i really like the samsung dialer so i dont want to disable it
thanks for the great rom

The Sense is a RAM eater. You cannot change the hunger. This UI is not designed to our phones. The HTC phones has 512MB RAM, not 256. The leaking RAM doesn'T matter there.

wolfspirit

wolfspirit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Samsung Phonebook has bold font. Regulaf font looks more clear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users