How to run Gameloft HD Game

Guest HitcH90

Guest frenchdroid
Thanks a lot but is there an other app which I can use for free (with ads don't matter)

It's difficult for a teen to get a credit card :unsure: and market don't support paypal or bonus cards.

I tried all I could find but all had a problem.

And even if I have changed the permissions it don't work.

I used ES File Explorer to edit build.prop - it is free and can change permissions for /system and other files. Check the preferences to access permissions.

Edited by frenchdroid

Guest Taptap1
I used ES File Explorer to edit build.prop - it is free and can change permissions for /system and other files. Check the preferences to access permissions.

Yeah, Thank You

I just did it with:

-copy the file with Super Manager to sd.

-change the file at PC.

-rebring the file from sd to system folder.

But I will give ES File Explorer a try.

Guest sonalibag
Orginal (polish): http://forum.android.com.pl/f277/zte-blade...ameloftu-66922/

1. Need root explorer or sometning like that.

2. Go to system and Open in text editor build.prop. Ofc before mount R/W.

3. Find line: ro.product.manufacturer = ZTE

4. Replace with: ro.product.manufacturer = HTC

5. Restart phone :unsure: (if dont wanna restart wipe cache should help)

And now u can play gameloft HD games :) (sd cache for desire hd are the best :P )

after any rom update u have to do it again.

Tested on CM7 ;)

love u man, u r the best. :-) :-D. got it working. thank u so much....

Guest Beardude

Just tried this on FLB r11 GEN1 and nova just instant crashes, no error messages, nothing. Just flashes a blank screen and back to my home screen. Anyone got it working on FLB?

Quick edit: restarted and re-installed nova as well, still no luck

Edited by Beardude

Guest _amano

Can anyone file a bug on the tracker and propose this solution? It would be great to have that out of the box on CM7 and if it doesn't have any ill side effects it should be possible to convince the developers to change that within the ROM.

Bug XXXX: Fix most Gameloft games.

Edited by _amano

Guest targetbsp
Can anyone file a bug on the tracker and propose this solution? It would be great to have that out of the box on CM7 and if it doesn't have any ill side effects it should be possible to convince the developers to change that within the ROM.

Bug XXXX: Fix most Gameloft games.

The issue lies with Gameloft not supporting phones their software works on. Not CM.

Guest shad0wboss
if u had game before it reinstall game :>

Sandstorm work 100%, Setlers too, Nova and Eternal Legacy.

Should work with all ARMv6 games ;>

are you sure about Eternal legacy...just tried it and it's not working :/

EDIT: actually it has to do CM lol because i've played 3 gameloft games, they run fine on flb and ss when they gave graphics problem in ALL the CM versions..

Edited by shad0wboss

Guest shad0wboss
Eternal Legacy works fine on CM7 using the ZTE to HTC trick.

what would happen if you replace all ZTE by HTC?

i mean i'm still having graphical glitch in Eternal Legacy although i deleted everything, changed ZTE to HTC and then downloaded everything and it still didnt work..

Guest shad0wboss
shad0wboss try cache version for dhd, and reinstall game :>

what's dhd?

i'm playing GT racing motor acedemy and it seems to work fine with this cache thing but not eternal legacy :/

Guest targetbsp
what's dhd?

Desire HD I think? That's the version of the Settlers game I took a gamble on buying and it seems to work. :)

Oddly, I had to buy it form the US site cause it's not on the UK one. It took me through the UK checkout in the end and charged me the standard Uk game price so that's worth baring in mind if you can;t find the game you want on the Uk site. :unsure:

Edited by targetbsp

Guest shad0wboss
Desire HD I think? That's the version of the Settlers game I took a gamble on buying and it seems to work. :)

Oddly, I had to buy it form the US site cause it's not on the UK one. It took me through the UK checkout in the end and charged me the standard Uk game price so that's worth baring in mind if you can;t find the game you want on the Uk site. :unsure:

game i bought is for desire HD but i was talking about the build.prop setting

Only by changing ro.product.manufacturer=HTC doesnt seem to do the trick so i started searching on google and found that

ro.product.model=HTC Desire

ro.product.brand=htc_wwe

ro.product.name=htc_bravo

ro.product.device=bravo

ro.product.board=bravo

ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi

ro.product.manufacturer=HTC

Source

I haven't tested it but this setting makes more sence...since desire and blade both use adreno 200 :/

Guest shad0wboss
@shad0wboss

how did you get fast 5 to work? Mine does not load with version 1.0.3 and Swedish Spring 5.

fast five doesn't work :/

adreno 200 should be able to support it but i have no idea why it doesn't work...

Guest shad0wboss
Manufacturer is all I changed and it worked. None of that other stuff nor any CM7 settings.

Ok nevermind that, i'm more interested in games such as Sacred Odyssey, fast 5....did anyone try to run it? crashes to desktop for me....anyone else tried running it?

Guest Psyloid

Running :

-Gangstar west coast hustle

-Dungeon hunter

-Hero of sparta

-Asphalt 5

All work (except video's, choppy or black screen, but skippable) on CM7N72 with this tweak :unsure:

Guest iNoobz2Droid
game i bought is for desire HD but i was talking about the build.prop setting

Only by changing ro.product.manufacturer=HTC doesnt seem to do the trick so i started searching on google and found that

Source

I haven't tested it but this setting makes more sence...since desire and blade both use adreno 200 :/

the problem is not the gpu adreno 200 but the instruction set of cpu which is only an armv6 in blade and armv7 in many other devices

"ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi" if you look into the game .apk you will find often only libs compiled for armeabiV7 (then there is just an armeabiV7 folder in .apk and no armeabi folder)

that .apk will never work onto the blade

Guest shad0wboss
the problem is not the gpu adreno 200 but the instruction set of cpu which is only an armv6 in blade and armv7 in many other devices

"ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi" if you look into the game .apk you will find often only libs compiled for armeabiV7 (then there is just an armeabiV7 folder in .apk and no armeabi folder)

that .apk will never work onto the blade

hmm, ty for explaination !

so what you mean is, the new games such as Fast 5, sacred odyssey, backstab e.t.c actually are compiled with armeabiv7 so they won't work on our blade?

Guest targetbsp
hmm, ty for explaination !

so what you mean is, the new games such as Fast 5, sacred odyssey, backstab e.t.c actually are compiled with armeabiv7 so they won't work on our blade?

Not all their new games. Settlers isn't and it's brand new. But some will be yes - Starfront is. Considering they only officially support high powered phones and I'm frankly surprised any of their games run on ARM6.

Guest iNoobz2Droid

yeah sometimes i really hate that the blade has 800x480 WVGA screen resolution with 320x480 (or even below) some games could run up to 2.5 times faster ^^

im wondering if its possible to make a rom/kernel that makes fullscreen opengles apps run in 320x480 and scale them up to 800x480

Edited by iNoobz2Droid