[BETA TEST] JGM Software Gingerbread Dialer and Contacts for Swedish Spring

Guest TheManicGibbon

Guest TheManicGibbon

Currently not working. Fix in development.

Before you read any further:

This is a BETA test. I've made it in a new thread because I don't want people downloading from the main thread who don't know what they're doing.

I run FLB and am quite happy with it, and don't have the time to change to Swedish Spring for testing things. So I present this to you: Gingerbread style dialer and contacts, as in the FLB theme, but for Swedish Spring. This may work brilliantly or not at all. I don't know, so I need some brave soul to whap it onto their Blade to see. Preferably running Swedish Spring RLS5 as the apks are taken from that.

Basically I've taken all the images from the FLB themed version of the dialer and punted them into SS. Can someone please tell me if it works.

REMEMBER: This is a BETA test. What you are about to download is currently untested. Remember to take a Nandroid. I am not responsible for anything that goes wrong (although I've only swapped some PNGs so nothing should go wrong..). This is for SS with the stock dialer/contacts as thanks to Bilalp23 we have discovered it DOES NOT work with the AOSP dialer.

Screenshots are very helpful in comments. Flash with Clockwork, usual method etc etc

Here be your link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zid7ece7odv10h3

Thank you very much, you are guaranteed a place in the credits :unsure:

TheManicGibbon

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest Bilalp23
Before you read any further:

This is a BETA test. I've made it in a new thread because I don't want people downloading from the main thread who don't know what they're doing.

I run FLB and am quite happy with it, and don't have the time to change to Swedish Spring for testing things. So I present this to you: Gingerbread style dialer and contacts, as in the FLB theme, but for Swedish Spring. This may work brilliantly or not at all. I don't know, so I need some brave soul to whap it onto their Blade to see. Preferably running Swedish Spring RLS5 as the apks are taken from that.

Basically I've taken all the images from the FLB themed version of the dialer and punted them into SS. Can someone please tell me if it works.

REMEMBER: This is a BETA test. What you are about to download is currently untested. Remember to take a Nandroid. I am not responsible for anything that goes wrong (although I've only swapped some PNGs so nothing should go wrong..)

Screenshots are very helpful in comments. Flash with Clockwork, usual method etc etc

Here be your link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zid7ece7odv10h3

Thank you very much, you are guaranteed a place in the credits :P

TheManicGibbon

im a bit of a noob but ill do it :unsure: (OLED/Gen 1/SS RSL5)

Edit:

ok so ive downloaded it and put it on my sd card but all of a sudden the phone wont boot into clockwork :/

i havent flashed anything yet so its got nothing to do with this mod

But its booting into my rom just fine.......anyone know whats going on?

Edit 2:

seems i had the same problem as these guys: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...rkmod-recovery/

basically i had installed a version of clockwork that wasnt compatible with my gen 1 phone (or something like that lol)

Now to the flashing!

Edit 3: lol

I did it but it didnt turn out right, im thinking this is maybe because i have installed the AOSP contact/dialer addon for SS?

I flashed that addon again and it went back to normal.

Im gonna try install this again and see if the same thing happens......and get some screen shots this time lol

Edit 4: Lmao!

So yeah installed it again and the same thing happened. Hers some pics...

Before installing the mod:

post-782817-1304893068_thumb.png

After installing the mod:

post-782817-1304893158_thumb.png post-782817-1304893163_thumb.png

(No contacts show up either, looks the same as the others)

The four tabs on the top change after installing, probably because this is meant for SS roms WITHOUT the AOSP contact/dialer thingy?

On a rather positive side note, if it does go wrong you just re-flash the AOSP mod file and turns back to normal :)

Edited by Bilalp23

Guest TheManicGibbon

Thanks very much for installing, but yeah it's not meant for the AOSP dialer...glad you got back to where you started though :unsure: Much appreciated

Would be great if someone with the standard dialer/contacts could flash it and see..

Guest 3lackhawk
Thanks very much for installing, but yeah it's not meant for the AOSP dialer...glad you got back to where you started though :unsure: Much appreciated

Would be great if someone with the standard dialer/contacts could flash it and see..

I did it with gen1 RLS5 , but nothing happened my contacts and dialer are the same after clockwork.

post-869618-1305137184_thumb.png post-869618-1305137175_thumb.png

Guest ololizoz

Downloading ATM. I have the ZTE dialer and SS5.

Edit 1: No difference. Gonna try first a cache wipe, then dalvik and then a full one.

2: Not even after a full wipe there was a difference. It seems that the package is broken/not working.

Edited by ololizoz

Guest TheManicGibbon

Thanks for downloading! It seems I have made a mistake somewhere...I don't think this works with the AOSP dialer, or the ZTE one, but just the stock Android dialer, like is present on ROMs such as FLB. I will try and update to provide for these dialers. Sorry everyone! Trying my best here :unsure:

EDIT: Yes, I apologise, it seems it does not work with the dialer package provided with SS. Sorry everyone :/

Edited by TheManicGibbon

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ricardopvz

Saw the other topic like half an hour ago, and i tried the SS theme ( because of the gingerbread like dialer ), but it didn't work.

Then i saw this topic like 10 min ago, so i decided to try to port the dialer myself, and here it is: (i use the AOSP dialer)

Contacts.apk: http://www.mediafire.com/?snll5km607t8au8

Edited by ricardopvz

Guest TheManicGibbon
Saw the other topic like half an hour ago, and i tried the SS theme ( because of the gingerbread like dialer ), but it didn't work.

Then i saw this topic like 10 min ago, so i decided to try to port the dialer myself, and here it is: (i use the AOSP dialer)

Contacts.apk: http://www.mediafire.com/?snll5km607t8au8

So I take it this works? I'd be very interested to learn how you did this..

Guest ricardopvz
So I take it this works? I'd be very interested to learn how you did this..

It works. At least for me. I just replaced the images in res/drawable-hdpi-finger with winrar.

You open the original Contacts.apk, then you drag the new images to the directory. It opens a new windows and you just click OK.

I think you cannot extract all files and then create a zip and rename to apk.

Edited by ricardopvz

Guest TheManicGibbon
It works. At least for me. I just replaced the images in res/drawable-hdpi-finger with winrar.

You open the original Contacts.apk, then you drag the new images to the directory. It opens a new windows and you just click OK.

I think you cannot extract all files and then create a zip and rename to apk.

How strange..that's exactly what I did, but with 7-Zip instead. Could you post a screenshot? And I take it this is SS RLS5?

Guest ricardopvz
How strange..that's exactly what I did, but with 7-Zip instead. Could you post a screenshot? And I take it this is SS RLS5?

It is for rls4 and rls5 because they have the same contacts.apk file.

Maybe the problem is 7-Zip, or you can also be adding the files to the apk with a higher or lower compression ratio.

post-840440-1306156138_thumb.jpg

Edited by ricardopvz

Guest TheManicGibbon
It is for rls4 and rls5 because they have the same contacts.apk file.

Maybe the problem is 7-Zip, or you can also be adding the files to the apk with a higher or lower compression ratio.

post-840440-1306156138_thumb.jpg

Maybe, I'll check my settings...is it possible you could screenshot your phone too?

Thanks

Edited by TheManicGibbon