Can't change keyboard type.

Guest Ex-inferis

Guest Ex-inferis

Hey all,

OK, the answer to my question will decide whether or not I keep my i900! I've recently bought a BlackBerry 9800 Torch and I'm not too impressed with it right now, so am thinking of going back to my Omnia until I can find either a Windows or Android based phone with a physical keybord.

The main reason I got the Torch was because I cannot for the life of me get on with the qwerty keyboard on the Omnia. I've had the thing for two years now but I'm sick of using the stylus to type text messages! So I tried to change the keyboard to keypad (like on a regular mobile with a physical keypad) so I could use that for texting, but every time I try it reverts back to the default keyboard.

So I wonder if it's the ROM I'm using? Perhaps the other keyboard types have been removed? Trouble is, it's been a while since I installed it so I can't remeber which one I used! I know it was one of the untouched ones though.

Is there a fix for this? A CAB file maybe that has all the keypads in it? Or am I just being thick and doing something wrong when trying to change the default keypad?

Any help gratefully received!

Ex.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest leap_ahead
Hey all,

OK, the answer to my question will decide whether or not I keep my i900! I've recently bought a BlackBerry 9800 Torch and I'm not too impressed with it right now, so am thinking of going back to my Omnia until I can find either a Windows or Android based phone with a physical keybord.

The main reason I got the Torch was because I cannot for the life of me get on with the qwerty keyboard on the Omnia. I've had the thing for two years now but I'm sick of using the stylus to type text messages! So I tried to change the keyboard to keypad (like on a regular mobile with a physical keypad) so I could use that for texting, but every time I try it reverts back to the default keyboard.

So I wonder if it's the ROM I'm using? Perhaps the other keyboard types have been removed? Trouble is, it's been a while since I installed it so I can't remeber which one I used! I know it was one of the untouched ones though.

Is there a fix for this? A CAB file maybe that has all the keypads in it? Or am I just being thick and doing something wrong when trying to change the default keypad?

Any help gratefully received!

Ex.

SIPChange