pm99

pm99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:advent vega
  • Twitter:@373
Brilliant ROM thanks.

I had been using B7 as a daily ROM but this 9n Build seems faster and smoother still. Tried a Galaxy Tab 10 in Dixons yesterday and that was noticeably less smooth than my Vega with this ROM IMHO.

Two things I have encountered: downloads such as Adobe do not open automatically e.g. in Dropbox; the screen just dims and you have to open the Reader separately. The other is that I seem to be stuck in Landscape at present (though its the best orientation anyway) except when using an app like Times which forces Portrait to work. No great issue on either as I am loving the ROM but in case it can be fixed...

DarkangelUK

DarkangelUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, HTC Desire HD

I got 9n installed, and initially it worked fine, but then the screen went partially unresponsive. It would go fine for a bit, patchy input, hitting one part of the screen triggered another section. I flashed back to moddedstock v2 and reloaded vegacomb, still the same. Tried the screen calibration several times but with no joy. Going back to Modaco for the moment.

Just to update this issue, I actually had the same problem while using Modaco a while ago, but using the screen calibration app bundled with that fixed the issue... the screen calibration app in Shuttle with VegaComb didn't do it. I loaded back to Modaco and was still getting patchy response, ran screen calibration... issue resolved. Loaded vegacomb back on, working perfectly fine now.

unklejoe

unklejoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade
Hi there, sounds like the Vegacomb ROM is coming along nicely. Question for all you tinkerers, will this ROM work on the OEM Honeytab or is it only working on the Vega?

Looking for Fancy Widget 1.3 (HTC Sense Clock) Click Me

Orange San Francisco / ZTE Blade (TFT Screen)
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.8
Rom: Cyangenmod 7.0.0 RC4-Blade
Kernel: 2.6.32.9 Perf

Alexzandro

Alexzandro

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Devices:LiquidAE+LGox2+POVMOBII+SGNex
  • Twitter:@alibi1953
Hello everybody
So I am still stuck to the second boot issue. Tried many combo, all with moddestock V2, going through 8.1 full, wipe only cashes, then HC9n, or VC9n straight on moddestock V2, wiping all, no apps charged, or charged only titanium, no apps on SD, but everytime I got a blank lighted screen on second boot. Also tried as suggested from someone installing SETCPU 216 - 1000 mhz, but no way out > blank on reboot. Now on 8.1 running. Next time will try with modestock V1, it also worked for me until VC7 ( I had 7 and patch to 8.1 biuld on moddestock v2 for much time with no issue at all).
Regards
Alessandro

Edit: so even with 8.1 I have same issue. What the hell am I doing wrong ?§@#*ç&%$£
Tried another time also v2 + vc9n wiping only cashes. First time I enconter this, tried several CYANO releases, all the sequencies of Newbe and never had this !!!!! I understand there are several other users who face with this problem, I do not definately think is my fault. posted in Tabletroms also, there is now other in XDA facing this. But I cannot post in dev forum, only in general forum .

Regards

Edit 2 last itme I charged Moddestock v2 I noticed that battery level was indicated to b e like 30%, but I was sure it had to be near 95%, charging was not indicated, while charger was connected, so I wiped battery stats when in CWM, than made something else also ( fixed permissions ) and on reboot ( after flashing HC9N ) I had also a blank screen. Now ( after a new installation V2+HC9N , wiped only two caches), first boot went regularly, and after some minor apps installing ( also had to delete old Flash player from V2, I believe, then charged new one from market ), second boot went smooth and quick ( must say that before I see the ugly announcement some seconds passed by, frightening me ) IT BOOTED !.
So this is the second successfull installation of VC9N ( I had it running for the first day with several on/off cycles and after never succeded to pass the second boot ) on my POV MOBII.

Edited by Alexzandro, 24 September 2011 - 10:20 AM.

LiquidE on CM9 The Pasto, A1 on CM7 JB flavoured, SGNexus on AOSPAL
POV MOBII on VegaCream+LG Ox2 on ICS CM10.1. Thanks to all great devs!

rebeldx

rebeldx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Devices:advent vega,nexus 1,galaxy s2
  • Twitter:@R_I_T_E

Hello everybody
So I am still stuck to the second boot issue. Tried many combo, all with moddestock V2, going through 8.1 full, wipe only cashes, then HC9n, or VC9n straight on moddestock V2, wiping all, no apps charged, or charged only titanium, no apps on SD, but everytime I got a blank lighted screen on second boot. Also tried as suggested from someone installing SETCPU 216 - 1000 mhz, but no way out > blank on reboot. Now on 8.1 running. Next time will try with modestock V1, it also worked for me until VC7 ( I had 7 and patch to 8.1 biuld on moddestock v2 for much time with no issue at all).
Regards
Alessandro

Edit: so even with 8.1 I have same issue. What the hell am I doing wrong ?§@#*ç&%$£
Tried another time also v2 + vc9n wiping only cashes. First time I enconter this, tried several CYANO releases, all the sequencies of Newbe and never had this !!!!! I understand there are several other users who face with this problem, I do not definately think is my fault. posted in Tabletroms also, there is now other in XDA facing this. But I cannot post in dev forum, only in general forum .

Regards

Edit 2 last itme I charged Moddestock v2 I noticed that battery level was indicated to b e like 30%, but I was sure it had to be near 95%, charging was not indicated, while charger was connected, so I wiped battery stats when in CWM, than made something else also ( fixed permissions ) and on reboot ( after flashing HC9N ) I had also a blank screen. Now ( after a new installation V2+HC9N , wiped only two caches), first boot went regularly, and after some minor apps installing ( also had to delete old Flash player from V2, I believe, then charged new one from market ), second boot went smooth and quick ( must say that before I see the ugly announcement some seconds passed by, frightening me ) IT BOOTED !.
So this is the second successfull installation of VC9N ( I had it running for the first day with several on/off cycles and after never succeded to pass the second boot ) on my POV MOBII.

Hav u tried a different sd card?? cos i had sum of the same issues wiv an earlier ROM i changed my sdcard n it booted 1st time after a reflash ..... n i aint had an issue wiv flashing ROMs ever since

adfo

adfo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Mine died over night when on standby, battery was nearly full before I went bed, does it have an issue with being on standby on honeycomb? The install was very smooth and its awesome to use.

scumball

scumball

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega

Mine died over night when on standby, battery was nearly full before I went bed, does it have an issue with being on standby on honeycomb? The install was very smooth and its awesome to use.

standby doesnt work on this version. The camera stays on, all notifications are heard, I think the screen turns off and thats all...I would do a full shutdown.

adfo

adfo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

standby doesnt work on this version. The camera stays on, all notifications are heard, I think the screen turns off and thats all...I would do a full shutdown.

Ahh okay, cool, will do.

rebel1

rebel1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Devices:PoV Mobii, HTC Desire Z
  • Twitter:@renebensch
VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b und 9n Update1 Features:
  • Working Deep Standby
  • Updated camera lib
  • Re-added App Drivemount
Downloads, please choose the right Version ! (or you Bootloop):

Update für Build9b: VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9b_update1.zip

Update für Build9n: VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9n_update1.zip

mrgum6y

mrgum6y

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:xPERIA z
Yes, same here - r8.1 networking was rock solid with fast reconnects.

r9 network is terrible, i occasionally get some connections after a random combination of reboot /disconnect/forget/connect which makes it all the more frustrating.

Brilliant rom just network

update - will have to see what the patch does to it but network looks unaffected.

update 2 - fixes my network problems - brilliant work,

I can also report i have a "fleaBay snake (web)cam" working as well

(Note for the blokes that don't read instructions;

Update 2 contains both update 1 and update 2 patches!)

Having a problem with WI-FI, installed all ok. worked ok

Shut it down.
Boot back up

WI-FI comes up with error and will not connect

Tried full uninstall and install twice, with no joy.

Anyone have the same problem.

Edited by mrgum6y, 28 September 2011 - 09:24 AM.

a6rnh

a6rnh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:mac mini, advent vega
WOW! took me 2 hours to get it going but it was worth it...
well done guys, it really has given my vega a new life!
just a pity that the standby battery life is still a weak point on the vega...

Crazyer

Crazyer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:advent vega
thanks

xlosox

xlosox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:vcpad10
Please Help

My screen is locked when i startup in vegacomb 3.2.

Sometimes i can unlock screen and go to startup screen but then blocked again after 1 or 2 seconds.

Why happen this?

Thanks and regards. (sorry for my bad english)

_falter_

_falter_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Anyone else got a problem with the market? I get 'No connection' message everytime... I did manage to get on it when I first installed, and I installed 1 app (a tower defence game) but I've got the no connection error ever since!

rebeldx

rebeldx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Anyone else got a problem with the market? I get 'No connection' message everytime... I did manage to get on it when I first installed, and I installed 1 app (a tower defence game) but I've got the no connection error ever since!

i had that problem before n was told to make sure the time n date were correct, mine wasn't ........ changed time n date n hey presto i was back in business :) hope that helps

HypoTurtle

HypoTurtle

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Devices:A639, Advent Vega, HD2
Any chance someone could upload Update 2 to a dropbox or similar as the only internet connect I can get at the minute is blocking multiupload. At the very least could someone list or pm me the urls of the download sites; megaupload, fileserve etc. as they may work. Thanks.

_falter_

_falter_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

i had that problem before n was told to make sure the time n date were correct, mine wasn't ........ changed time n date n hey presto i was back in business :) hope that helps

Thanks very much - I set the time again and market worked. Sadly the time and date kept resetting so I installed a clock sync app which has sorted it out :-)

rebeldx

rebeldx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Thanks very much - I set the time again and market worked. Sadly the time and date kept resetting so I installed a clock sync app which has sorted it out :-)

yeh i think the time/date issue has bin fixed in the latest updates :)

richard_hogg

richard_hogg

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4, Vega (VegaComb!)
Stuck this on my vega over the weekend, and what a difference.. It's like a whole new device.

Excellent work guys, keep it up.

iPhone 4, Nokia X6, Nokia E71, T-Mobile MDA Touch, T-Mobile MDA Vario, Orange SPV500, Nokia 6310, Nokia 6210, Nokia 5110, Ericsson T68, Nokia 2110, Mitsubishi Something, Panasonic Something (analogue, woo!)

norihaga

norihaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:advent vega,HTC desire
new to this did the vegacomb 1.7 ok and decided to install this rom
now followed everything that was posted up (instructions,modded stock rom etc.) did everything by the instructions and everything said it was ok installed etc. rebooted my vega now all i'm getting is a loop of the" vega comb is free if you have paid extra for this then you have been ripped of" screen then then a black screen
what's wrong and how do i put it right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users