[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest ImCrayD

Further to my previous post! The issues with onlive was not ROM related so that's all good.

However now I have a really annoying problem whereby if I power my Vega down completely it doesn't turn on. I hold the power button for 2 secs and release and it lights up a little then a bit more then a bit more before going blank and not doing anything. Managed to turn it on somehow but now its doing it again :( anyone else experienced this? Many thanks.

Edit: I've searched other posts on here. I've tried the holding power button for a minute and recovery mode combo. But I just want it to turn on normally and it won't .

Edit again: I restored my Vega to the stock ROM and it now turns on no problems whatsoever. Does anybody know why this custom ROM would cause this problem? I really love this ROM and will probably stay on the stock ROM for now until I can find out any reasons - i followed a guide on here with a fine tooth comb and i'm quite flash happy with my other android device so I know what i'm doing. Cheers for anyone who can shed any light. Dan

Edited by ImCrayD

I've been experiencing a problem with Vegacomb recently (9n, update 3).

After not having used my tablet for a while, I sold it to my dad. Booted it up fine, had a little trouble resetting to factory to delete my stuff but got there in the end. But after turning it off it wouldn't boot again, just got a blank screen with the backlight ('stale' boot?). I reflashed Vegacomb, even downloaded again to make sure it wasn't a corrupted download, seemed to install fine and works great until I turn it off, when it happens again and won't boot, at which point it's unusable until I reflash it. Not being able to turn off the Vega is, ironically, kind of a turn off for my dad, and I want to get it working for him considering he's paid me for it.

Anyone run in to this issue before?

Hi All,

I'm new and i bought my advent vega just four days ago. I use your rom MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Advent Vega with Online Kitchen and is really nice Thanks for your job!

But now i have a quick question, so i'm new in the tablet world and i would to know the differences between the Modaco Custom Rom and the rom VegaComb 3.2 that i would install.

So the question is can i use the rom in the same time? what is the defferences between this two roms, do you know something about the accelerometer because it not works properly.

For now thank you all and keep up a nice work! ;)

Roberto

Edited by ciroby

Guest ImCrayD

I've been experiencing a problem with Vegacomb recently (9n, update 3).

After not having used my tablet for a while, I sold it to my dad. Booted it up fine, had a little trouble resetting to factory to delete my stuff but got there in the end. But after turning it off it wouldn't boot again, just got a blank screen with the backlight ('stale' boot?). I reflashed Vegacomb, even downloaded again to make sure it wasn't a corrupted download, seemed to install fine and works great until I turn it off, when it happens again and won't boot, at which point it's unusable until I reflash it. Not being able to turn off the Vega is, ironically, kind of a turn off for my dad, and I want to get it working for him considering he's paid me for it.

Anyone run in to this issue before?

Yep this is the exact same problem that I have with Vegacomb :( I tried stock rom, modded rom, cyanogen cm7 nightly rom and vegacomb last night and only experienced this problem with this Vegacomb rom.

I really love it and want to use it as a daily rom but when I cant turn it on I have to reflash again onto the stock or modded rom. Which then works fine. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Guest jono4001

okay guys not been that active lately on this forum so unfortunately having to catch up with latest developments within the advent Vega / honeycomb world :-) okay so pleased with my own Vega which "simonta" kindly installed this alternative rom on both my own and dads vega.at first everything was fine until unfortunately after several months off use the force shut down errors became a daily occurance.upon advice on here I started to use an alternative browser _opera mobile which all but got rid off the force closures . strange thing is dads Vega around the same time started to give more and more force closures obviously something was causing this as again neither off us experienced this when the Vega was first installed with the alternative rom,anyway advised him to use this alternative opera browser and he now reports things are fine.

still getting force closures with the Google maps /street view thou which is a pity.

regularly use a cache / browser history etc cleaner to tidy up any excess files etc and although this does work do still feel that the more the Vega is used with honeycomb the more niggles with the rom show up which again were not apparant at first.

occasionally now getting no internet access via wifi,finds the signal via scanning but comes up with disconnecting etc,have changed wifi channel so hopefully that may improve this particular problem :-) again strange thing is dads Vega showed the same problem within the last few days, again just seems strange that two Vegas both running honeycomb which was installed at the same time as each other should show the same problems around the same time. ??!!

okay not done any updates to the rom as for one I don't know how and two not sure if updating would cause any further problems, can it / will it ?

again 99% happy with the rom and thank everyone involved in making it possible just feel it would be great if the above niggles could be ironed out and it could be 100% right :-)

Guest Redreadytogo

1. Download the following files: USB driver, Modded stock, vegacomb build 9n, vegacomb update 3 - unless you have download accounts with some of the mirrors, go make a cup of tea as they are somewhat slow, lol!
  2. Plug in Vega with usb storage on, transfer the build 3, and build 3 update zip files to your memory card
  3. Get your vega into recovery mode - back button 2 secs, back & power 2 secs, back 2 secs, release - screen will flash on a little, then go off
  4. Plug in via USB - open device manager, find the yellow triangle, replace the driver - you downloaded it earlier
  5. Once that is on, it should now show up as a vega in recovery mode, and you can launch modded stock
  6. It should flash the vega, which will then restart
  7. When vega boots, open applications, go to recovery, this will launch the recovery mode - use the volume to move up and down, power to enter a menu, and back button to exit a menu
  8. Hit wipe data/factory reset - then confirm
  9. Hit install zip from SD card - select the vegacomb 9n image and install
  10. When done, reboot the system
  11. Vegacomb should now load up for you - hit the power button with a long hold, select recovery
  12. Once rebooted, you will be in clockwork recovery again
  13. Hit install zip from SD card - select the update 3 zip file and install
  14. When done, reboot, and you're laughing!!
Now, you probably don't have to do a couple of those steps (10/11), but this worked, so frig it. Someone else has probably detailed this elsewhere, but I couldn't find something that acutally laid out each damn step, so there you go. I wouldn't bother with the installer - couldn't get that to work for s***, the above seemed pretty foolproof by comparison.

First impressions - OMG, what an awesome ROM, spot on. My wifi is now working again (!) and the HDMI output is actually fine on videos opened with mvideoplayer - I can live with 3/4 screen on other stuff, as I don't use it for that. Games look lovely, the accelerometer is working a treat, all in all, fab stuff!

Just what I was looking for, I'd got as far as putting Vegacomb 9n on and thought the new interface was great, but I couldn't find the Recovery option (see 11) to put the update3 on it.

you guys have to keep in mind that vegacomb 9n u3 isn't 100% bug free.

someone at tabletroms had pickud up the work and started to make updates voor vegacomb, called honeyice. this will resolve much problems you guys have.

Guest ImCrayD

someone at tabletroms had pickud up the work and started to make updates voor vegacomb, called honeyice. this will resolve much problems you guys have.

Ive read this forum you mentione and its great that someone has picked up where these amazing devs left off. However on trying every single way of flashing this rom (searched in about 5 different forums - even flshed the rom 7 times in one CWM session for good measure) the rom flashes okay however my vega will just not turn back on when i shut down using this ROM - all other roms flashed work fine.

I have noticed today that the only difference with flashing this rom and others is that when this rom is being installed - the bar on screen that usually fills orange for the progress of the install does not do anything - not sure if this is a problem or if the devs just didnt bother with it.

I have wracked my brain since xmas eve and flashed my vega approx about 25 times and Im just about to give up using this rom. I am going to have to flash another rom for the time being :(

Guest Redreadytogo

I don't recall seeing anything suggesting that the work had been dropped here. 9n mod 3 is hardly old. I don't recall seeing that many issues with it either. I don't mind people going off on their own track but it would be nice if it was collaboration, not fragmentation. It's already hard for newbies deciding which way to go and some like to play but a lot just want a stable release with reasonable features. I know bugfixes are boring, but that's what people want. Your post smacks of someone jumping on an established bandwagon and saying I've taken his code and improved on it. I know I shouldn't complain as I'm just reaping the rewards of others labors.

I don't recall seeing anything suggesting that the work had been dropped here. 9n mod 3 is hardly old. I don't recall seeing that many issues with it either. I don't mind people going off on their own track but it would be nice if it was collaboration, not fragmentation. It's already hard for newbies deciding which way to go and some like to play but a lot just want a stable release with reasonable features. I know bugfixes are boring, but that's what people want. Your post smacks of someone jumping on an established bandwagon and saying I've taken his code and improved on it. I know I shouldn't complain as I'm just reaping the rewards of others labors.

you shouldn't complain indeed. i just pointed out that this rom still gets improved, just by another author. nothing wrong with that, since the honey ice updates are approved by the maker of vegacomb, and the updates are never without credits to the vegacomb team.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jono4001

Anyone advise regards viewing the screen off the advent Vega on a TV screen by way off an HDMI cable,only ask as having just tried this and although it looks great can't seem to get a full screen output on my TV despite changing the screen viewing settings on the TV, is there anything on the Vega that can be changed to give full screen output ?

have not updated to the very latest edition off vegacomb,would this cure the problem?

• 1 month later...
Guest eccehom

On VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b Update3:

Any one knows a solution to the continuous buffering issue on youtube app? Also, I can't download large files. It looks like the wifi connection goes down after 1 minute (more or less) and I can't resume the download. I have a Samsung galaxy ace with Cyanogen 7.2 and I haven't had any problem.

I`ve been searching for a week and nothing. Any ideas, please?

Guest Nick1964

Okay.. sorry for some stupid questions (dislectic) but I have a advent vega with the modaco rom.

So If i want to use this rom, I first have to install the modded stockrom and then what ?

Install the B or N ?

Problem is, I can't find modded stockrom, and I cant find the vegacomb 3.2

The files are not found on multiupload.

Tried to find e.e.a. but they direct me from forum to forum (where I have to register to finally found that the info there is to old and direct to non existing mega upload files) and thead to thread and on the way, I lost it.

So mega upload is dead, and the files are not on multiupload.

Can someone point me to the right direction, without the files I can't do anything at all.

English is not my native language

I guess I have to flash my vega first with the modded stock ( is there a alternative download) and then.. use update VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9n_update3.zip<BR sab=306">or VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9b_update3.zip but they both don't exist, so I am a bit tuck here but like to have android 3 on my vega.

Fixed, found the files and the updates !!!

Edited by Nick1964

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Afaque

Hi All

It's really great to have this vega comb 3.2 update 3 ( 9n) on my device ...I am buzzing of it

All working fine however since Android market has been renamed as Google Play , its has stopped working on mine

Anyone else experiencing the same issue ?

regards

Guest gevans3342

Hi All

It's really great to have this vega comb 3.2 update 3 ( 9n) on my device ...I am buzzing of it

All working fine however since Android market has been renamed as Google Play , its has stopped working on mine

Anyone else experiencing the same issue ?

regards

yes. mine did exactly the same. Managed to get it working by going into the manage applications area and deleting the data for google market (play store). After that it started OK.

Guest Afaque

yes. mine did exactly the same. Managed to get it working by going into the manage applications area and deleting the data for google market (play store). After that it started OK.

Sorted .... Many thanks for your help

Guest MetalOllie

Hi,

Thanks for this.. mine is doing exactly the same, so I'll be trying this, however, before I do, can you tell me what the ramifications of deleting the data is? Will it lose the record of downloaded apps, or will they sync the next time I log in.

As I understand it, my Google account should (in theory) show all my apps purchased, for both my tablet & phone, so they can be shared between the two. Will any of that info be lost?

Many thanks

Darren

• 3 weeks later...
Guest derbyram

HI Guys sorry but I have just downloaded the 3.2 honeycomb all works fine and dandy but I cannot download from the app store it keeps coming up with errors on server -101

does anybody know what I can do to cure this other than that it works great .

It is on a advent vega also google do not rcognice this on the app store any suggestions

Guest lughnasadhuk

Okay.. sorry for some stupid questions (dislectic) but I have a advent vega with the modaco rom.

So If i want to use this rom, I first have to install the modded stockrom and then what ?

Install the B or N ?

Problem is, I can't find modded stockrom, and I cant find the vegacomb 3.2

The files are not found on multiupload.

Tried to find e.e.a. but they direct me from forum to forum (where I have to register to finally found that the info there is to old and direct to non existing mega upload files) and thead to thread and on the way, I lost it.

So mega upload is dead, and the files are not on multiupload.

Can someone point me to the right direction, without the files I can't do anything at all.

English is not my native language

I guess I have to flash my vega first with the modded stock ( is there a alternative download) and then.. use update VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9n_update3.zip<BR sab=306">or VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9b_update3.zip but they both don't exist, so I am a bit tuck here but like to have android 3 on my vega.

Fixed, found the files and the updates !!!

I can not find the files either, I have spent the last 30 minutes tralling the web to try to find the downloads I need. Can anyone point me in the direction of live links for these files?

Thank you,

Guest ursulavasey

http://www.tabletroms.com/forums/vega-rom-development/4338-multiupload-com-down-vegacomb-moddedstock-can-found-here.html

The links to the roms and updates are at the above page. They were re-posted as Megaupload was closed down by the site owners. The install method is shown in the thread too, but it is essentially a case of installing moddedstock 1 or 2, observing all wipes (user data, cache and dalvik cache, which is found in the advanced section of CWM). Install VC version B or N, then the corresponding update, ensuring the letters match. So if you install the N rom, you have to install the N update. If you install the B rom, you have to install the B update. You don't need to wipe the data and cache between installing the rom and the update. To summarise:

1. Download moddedstock, VC version B or M and the corresponding update.

2. Copy the zipped files to your sd card, and boot your tablet to CWM.

3. Install moddedstock 1 or 2.

4. Reboot to CWM.

5. Wipe data, cache and Dalvik cache (Dalvik cache is in the advanced menu of CWM).

6. Install B or N main rom.

7. Reboot to CWM.

8. Don't wipe caches or user data, but install the B or N update, ensuring the update letter corresponds to the main rom.

9. The tablet will boot to the main menu, and the job is done, ready for you to personalise your tablet.

As for which versions of the moddedstock rom and the VC rom; this depends on your tablet. Without getting too technical, different tablets store data in different ways, even if they are the same make and model. Some respond better to one combination, other tablets respond better to a different combination. It's a case of trial and error, I'm afraid.

• 10 months later...