2271 replies to this topic

HunteronX

HunteronX

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Devices:Xperia X10; Advent Vega

What have people found to be working I push apps and they don't seem to load at all i get a lot of force closes even trying to open up the browser is this just me?

I also get force closes when opening the browser, but it doesn't really matter at the moment, as Wi-Fi doesn't work.

Edited by HunteronX, 10 May 2011 - 02:25 PM.

ParanoidSPV

ParanoidSPV

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

I Don't know about Honeycomb, but when we troubleshooted the Notion Adam Rom, in order to get wifi to work you had too

copy from a PoV/Vega ROM following file/maps:

mkdir /sdcard/PovFilescp /system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so  /sdcard/PovFiles/libhardware_legacy.socp /system/lib/hw/wlan /sdcard/PovFiles/wlancp /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002 /sdcard/PovFiles/wlan_ar6002
After flashing:
- install Root Explorer and z4root. Root your device.
- remount your /system with read/write.

Copy the files back:
mv /system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so /system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so.bakmv /system/lib/hw/wlan /system/lib/hw/wlan.bakcp /sdcard/PovFiles/libhardware_legacy.so /system/lib/libhardware_legacy.socp /sdcard/PovFiles/wlan /system/lib/hw/wlancp /sdcard/PovFiles/wlan_ar6002 /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002

And correct the permissions:
chmod 755 /system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so chmod 755 /system/lib/hw/wlanchmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan/ar6000.kochmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan/athwlan.bin.z77chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan/data.patch.hw2_0.binchmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan/eeprom.binchmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan/eeprom.datachmod 755 /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002/ar6000.kochmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002/athwlan.bin.z77chmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002/data.patch.hw2_0.binchmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002/eeprom.binchmod 644 /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002/eeprom.data
After reboot your WiFi can now be activated.

I gave that a try and it dont load the driver... i think i have to get a newere version of the ar6002 driver.. i do think that i can remember that it was opensource will look for it again... :unsure:

Melted

Melted

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One & Advent Vega
  • Twitter:@pmanosa

Edit: Only con is that the three buttons in the lower left are very hard to press. Is this just my tablet and a bad screen calibration or do all of you have this problem?

Same here with a POV Mobii, soft buttons don't work as smooth as with CM7 or corvus rom.

Wil try this afternoon the calibration apk to see if it solves the problem.
If not, I'll try to place the soff buttons with CM7 at same position than honey ( down left). If I have the same issue, it's back to repair or exchange.

My devices:
Nexus One CyanogenMod 7 Posted Image Point Of view Mobii VegaComb AlphaPosted Image

Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, Iphone 3GS

What have people found to be working I push apps and they don't seem to load at all i get a lot of force closes even trying to open up the browser is this just me?

Browser force closed for me, as did the market app but I assumed this was probably due to wifi/connection issues. Titanium Backup worked to a point but didn`t have ROOT so then wouldn`t go any further, tried VISIONARY but that didn`t seem to do anything, though didn`t force close. Didn`t try much else as it was getting late and I wanted to revert back to my previous install.

Dropbox Referal Link
Share files between your PC/Tablet/phone/ipod
2GB free when you sign up but Click on my link
to get an extra free 250mb ;) for the both of us

spacecadetuk

spacecadetuk

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, HTC Hero

Couldn't resist it, so I installed and tried it. It works great and is really smooth! Will have lots of free time the next couple of weeks so if something needs to be tested I gladly will be a volunteer :unsure:

Edit: Only con is that the three buttons in the lower left are very hard to press. Is this just my tablet and a bad screen calibration or do all of you have this problem?

Yea mine seemed very unresponsive as well, not sure if its hardware or software

Dingoo A-320, it's just awesome!

Melted

Melted

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
also Aldiko FC, I assume it's because the rotation not working.
Haven't reverted to Corvus yet, so i'll try more thing this noon.

My devices:
Nexus One CyanogenMod 7 Posted Image Point Of view Mobii VegaComb AlphaPosted Image

Bigootang

Bigootang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Streak
Not seen it discussed elsewhere but regarding the lack of internal memory in relation to this Tom has anyone looked the possibility of increasing its size?

When I had my dell streak ( which I sold and replaced with the Vega ) there were articles on replacing the internal micro SD card.

I've taken my Vega back off but didn't want to disassemble it further, is there an on board micro SD inside?

Good work on this rom also, will wait until its wifi enabled and will as always be sending a donation your way!

Edited by Bigootang, 10 May 2011 - 04:48 PM.

ParanoidSPV

ParanoidSPV

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Not seen it discussed elsewhere but regarding the lack of internal memory in relation to this Tom has anyone looked the possibility of increasing its size?

When I had my dell streak ( which I sold and replaced with the Vega ) there were articles on replacing the internal micro SD card.

I've taken my Vega back off but didn't want to disassemble it further, is there an on board micro SD inside?
Good work on this rom also, will wait until its wifi enabled and will as always be sending a donation your way!

No it is not a sd card solution on the vega... The chips are soldered on there... would be nice if it was that easy.. :unsure:

beepo666

beepo666

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
OK look at me, I never EVER post on online forums, EVER, but this is epic. This is the reason I bought a Vega!!

As soon as I'm sober (tomorrow) I'll be installing and donating :-)

Thank you, thank you and I thank you (I mean that!) for making my vega purchase a viable one :-) I love you both long time :-D

(Bought Vega in UK but living in Thailand for last 3 months, most travelled Vega award?)

Edited by beepo666, 10 May 2011 - 05:49 PM.

bhargav27

bhargav27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S
Sorry to bore everyone with my petty problem. But I realised that my Vega had a problem as I could not flash this hc rom on it no matter what i did. I also could not get CM7 on it either. It only worked with Corvus 5 or the stock rom. So I returned it for a new one and everything's fine. So if anyone else is having any issues, you know what you need to do!

Cheers,
Bhargav

Melted

Melted

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
is just me, or home button does nothing? back is ok, menu is ok, but home button ( the one in the middle) marks as pressed, shows the shadow, but does nothing
thanks guys

Edited by Melted, 10 May 2011 - 06:18 PM.

My devices:

dconde

dconde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I noticed the kernel version listed on the device is 2.6.32. Did you back port the missing modules or is the version number incorrect?

dagrim1

dagrim1

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x, PoV Mobii 10"

is just me, or home button does nothing? back is ok, menu is ok, but home button ( the one in the middle) marks as pressed, shows the shadow, but does nothing
thanks guys

Same here...

Flashed back to corvus5 for now btw because lack of wifi just makes it unusable for now. Was nice to try it though!

Rooting went fine using the acer iconia a500 method (pushing necessary apk to system\app) .
Could also push root explorer and titaniumbackup that way after which I could restore my backups made with titanium :unsure:

Tried if using the wlan folder from the CM7 roms worked but unfortunately not... When using the libhardware_legacy.so file from that release caused the tablet being unable to boot. Using the original libhardware_legacy.so did show the wifi icon but it didn't work. Going to wifi settings simply showed 'error' or something.

Was able to run quadrant advanced and smartbench, smartbench ran in a window though (and didn't have spareparts installed).

Quadrant score: 2727 @ 1.5ghz (yeah, overclocking worked :)) and 1923 @ 1ghz

WWEpsp

WWEpsp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega (VegaComb)
  • Twitter:@@WWEpsp92
have you seen Google I/O news? Android 3.1 is coming with new features, incluiding USB host mode, with support for gamepads!!!!

Kevrae

Kevrae

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD, Advent Vega

have you seen Google I/O news? Android 3.1 is coming with new features, incluiding USB host mode, with support for gamepads!!!!

Yeah one step at a time lol :unsure: ill be extremely thrilled once this is fully up and running.

bewA

bewA

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Nexus
  • Twitter:@EnjoinMoss

Yeah one step at a time lol :) ill be extremely thrilled once this is fully up and running.

agreed! root, wifi, market, i think that will be enough to get started :unsure:

Did anyone notice any weirdness when the screen went off? I found that it wouldn't wake :S

disclaimer: yes i know this is proof of concept/wip/alpha :P

danb79

danb79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:advent vega, nexus s
  • Twitter:@na
screen was fine for me? but hey this is a super alfa release! looking forward to wifi had to go back to corvus5 ....must play parallel kingdom simple but addictive!

bluemotion

bluemotion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:ZTE blade (orange)
Kudos guys! you guys are awesome!
Honeycomb :unsure:

I would love to contribute but i dont have any dev skills, Good at photoshop though (but i guess newbe has that covered)

Downloading it now :)

Panayioti

Panayioti

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega
I don't know if this is me but are somethings on the rom look a little blurred but hey its an alpha release so wasn't expectong everything to be in good condition.

WWEpsp

WWEpsp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega (VegaComb)
  • Twitter:@@WWEpsp92

Yeah one step at a time lol :unsure: ill be extremely thrilled once this is fully up and running.

of course, step by step, just was asking over. I read maybe HC code was going to get realeased on this Google I/O. I'll be happy if they get running HC as corvus5 does...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users