A. I tried not to change or modify the original windows mobile files.
B. Also because:
1. Windows mobile reaches end of life. sooner or later there would be no more release of windows mobile.
2. flashing the phone in the windows 7 is a little difficult (see my guide in the next post).
C. I will be honest with you. If I know something do not work I will inform you in the known issue section of this post. Please report bugs.
This work is an update to the OCK rom 29005 released in 16th Dec 2010
Windows Mobile Build -> 21690, 29020, 23152
Smart memo -> B7300XXIL5 -> adds Unicode support
touch calendar -> B7300XXIL5
FM Radio -> B7300XXIL5
Wifi Router -> Downgraded from 1.2.9 to 1.1 which works better. automatically prevents device from going to standby
+ FlashLite Torch from B7300XXIL5 -> For the first time in wm6.5 -> you can turn on torch with holding the volume button -> unfortunately M2D blocks its action -> you should turn off m2d to test it
+ Call Rejector -> Unlimited Trial
+ Happy Birthday to Calendar -> you don't need to sync your phone with outlook any more
+ TCPMP-Revive 2011 (rev42) + GF5500 Mpeg Codecs -> since version 1.6 -> Finger friendly player (with iPhone skin) can play all formats including mpeg2
+ JavaFx -> Best java emulator ever made for windows mobile, Would be Installed to My Storage because Some Java programs like maps and books are big, there is no room for these program in phone memory.
+ eBook readers -> PDF, CHM, Repligo, iSilo
+ FingerKeyb (you can still choose between touch input and fingerKeyb (use tools -> sipchange to do that)).
+ TskMgr Shortcut
+ .Net Messages
+ Bigger Touch friendly Menus
+ ScreenToggle -> since version 1.4 -> hold camera button to turn off the screen whenever you want your phone remain functional but the monitor turns off (ex when you download a file, sending & receiving Bluetooth or during Music playback ).
+ Now you can choose between FTouchSL lite or complete.
-> if you choose to do not install FTouchSL during first boot FTouchSL lite would be installed automatically.
FTouchSL lite is good for inexperienced users hwo are inconvenient with the solution provided in note #6.
-> disadvantage of lite version: touch would not work in old programs.
+ Full-screen weather in the home widget -> since version 1.5
- Omnialite's Dialer Skins -> OCK's Black dialer theme is enough to me. Besides omnialite's Dialer Skin is incompatible with SRSWoW (you can't turn your speaker on when using phone) -> look at note #12
- Nitrogen -> When you have htc audio manager you don't need it anymore.
- Opera Mini -> there may be a newer version sooner or later
- SMS Theme -> It was buggy
- Flashlite (Flash player) -> cause problem for IE. Our rom do not needs this. windows mobile supports flash itself.
- Omnialite's touch clock -> windows mobile has touch friendly clock itself. besides we have to run alarmwatcher.exe all the time to make this clock work properly.
1. Automatic Connection setup on first boot
2. M2D Build -> Build 2.0.2016.3224 -> see note #7 and #8
3. PIM Backup
4. Torch Button -> M2D needs it
5. Soft reset -> M2D needs it
7. Favorite Hackings
8. HTC Calculator
11. HTC Album
12. Smart Reader
13. Audio Note
14. Adobe Reader
15. Office Mobile 2010
16. .Net 3.5
17. Google Map
M2D's audio manager fixed -> 2.2.2012.1525.LR1
Calendar alerts fixed
M2D Shows the next alarm -> if you use windows mobile's original clock
SMS Time Stamp fixed
Description of problem: It's a problem of some operators. You see that time of the received SMS is an hour or more (before or) after the current time.
For more information see this page
-> Description of problem: I could send SMS most of the time. But in rare situation I could not send some SMS's. It was depended on the content of the message.
-> I have to remove OCK's M2D messaging fix and keep the WM6.5 untouched to fix this problem.
lots of registry tweaks
Removed lots of duplicated files
PDF icon fixed
M2D Weather tab wqvga compatibility fixed
Screen Calibration fixed
Missing KWBPP.dll fixed
and a lot more things I don't remember
in version 1.2
Camera problem fixed
Showcase suite is accessible using Main Menu button too (alternatively you can hold start menu button too)
JPG, BMP, PNG and GIF files would be open with HTC album by default
M2D's automatic weather update period set to one hour
Page pool set to 8 MB
in version 1.3
tskmgr is a good registry editor -> I've fixed the association of reg files with this program
Now all M2D Widgets Work again (except TV) to do this:
-> I've installed google map again
-> Default Internet Program of InetrnetWidget renamed to IE
Unnecessary TouchFlo Item Removed From Home Menu Items
in version 1.4
I've installed HTC Dshow which solved these errors:
-> in M2D's mail widget: "MiniPIE - Internet explorer - the address is not valid. Check the address and try again"
-> in M2D's SMS widget: you can reply When you restore your backed up SMS.
in version 1.5
fix: there was a blue sky theme in the weather widget which was not match with home weather widget. (e.x. in the home widget weather was partly cloudy but in the weather widget it was sunny. I've fixed it now.) -> look at screenshots to understand.
in version 1.6
New: Touch Friendly TCPMP 2011 with Mpeg2 support -> see screenshots and note #10
If you need old style WiFi settings (to set wifi proxy) -> use WiFi shortcut in the connectivity folder
I used drivers from OCKs 23118 ROM
New Build -> 23152
in version 1.7
This is a major bugfix release. Update to this version as soon as possible or use this hotfix.
a. I've registered these dlls:
Samsung OEM dlls: EditContactHO.dll, Emz3GPStreamingFilter.dll, EmzAVISource.dll, EmzCodecsDMO.dll, EmzCodecsFilter.dll, EmzHelperObject_Camera.dll, , EmzMp3EncDll.dll, EmzRealAudioDecFilter.dll, EmzRealSourceFilter.dll, EmzRealVideoDecFilter.dll, EmzVideoRenderer.dll, EmzWMADecFilter.dll, EmzRealSourceFilter.dll, EzdRealStrmSourceFilter.dll, MMSMenuExtn.dll, obexfile.dll, SamsungPanelFS.dll, Smp4veDmo.dll, URLCatch.dll,
HTC dlls: MyPieDllParser.dll, PhoneSetting.dll, PicturesExt.dll, HTCMP3DMO.dll, HTCSettings.dll, HTCWMPPlug.dll, BluetoothSetting.dll, gmm_launcher.dll
1. Now windows Media player can play Real media and Mpeg 4 formats.
2. Camera program can play recorded videos again
3. Samsung MMS should function normally.
4. internet sharing from PC to Mobile would work again: to do that you should enable it in the active sync or windows mobile device center (enable "Allow data connections on device when connected to PC")
5. HTC weather tab would show animations (see screenshots).
6. Home tab animated clock would work better.
7. There would be an option to locate your contacts on the google map. To be honest I don't know what this option would do.
c. two camera button problem solved
d. New feature: ConnectingNotifier -> your phone would vibrate when your call is established.
e. Arabic - English switch for the Touch Input.
f. Enable "SMS delivery report" as an option in the first boot.
in version 1.7.1
1. LZX compression
2. Arcsoft mms is installed again -> look at known issue #5
3. mpeg, mp4 and mkv files association with TCPMP
4. Ftouchsl full exclusion list updated
in version 1.7.2
iSilo updated to 5.26
1. Its a rare bug with some of mobile service providers. If you cannot send a message at all see this post
2. HTC audio manager continue playback in standby mode but stops at the end of song and do not go to the next track. -> This is a power management bug of HTC audio manager. -> installing s2u2 solves this problem with an unknown mechanism. or alternatively use ScreenToggle to turn off the device monitor (last one is my favorite solution because I'm still suspicious about power management problems in s2u2).
3. If you need old style WiFi settings (It helps to set proxy for wifi connections) -> It's in the connectivity folder.
4. Before version 1.6 there was a bug in the registration of dlls which caused the camera and media player cannot play the mpeg 4 and real media -> use this hot-fix to solve the problem.
5. for 1.7 users only solved in 1.7.1: If in M2D's SMS tab, new SMS shortcut do not work -> install this cab: K1_Arcsoft_MMS.cab 1.86MB 82 downloads
6. If "Mark all as read" button in the email program do not work, install this cab: Mark_all_as_read.cab 18.48KB 43 downloads
1. I Love My ROM it works for me. I hope it work for you too.
2. I like M2D. M2D takes only 15Mb of your ROM. if you don't like it just turn it off and use whatever home skin you want.
3. I've tested every part of the phone as much as possible. But I can not check MMS and Video call functionality. Because I do not use these two services.
4. Do not forget to check the downloaded files with the MD5 or CRC32 or SHA-1. I use hashtab program for this purpose. Also rar files contain 5% recovery module. You can open them in winrar and use repair button to solve some of download problems.
5. To Install CPU Monitoring Module go to Start Menu -> Tools -> TskMgr -> Tap On Menu Button -> Options -> Install CPU Monitor
6. If you are using FTouchSL Full and touch do not work in some of your programs. Open ftouchsl and add that program to the exclusion list (ftouchsl -> exceptions -> add program name OR add window title).
7. Weather in the Home tab of M2D Updates automatically in this build without use of an external program But its tricky. To do that:
Go to weather tab:
-> choose your city.
-> Menu -> Settings -> Activate "Download weather data automatically"
Then go to home tab (this is the tricky part).
-> Click below the clock (where weather is shown in home tab). When weather options window appeared do not click on anything just press ok and leave this menu. If it was not successful repeat the last step several times.
8. When you want to restore your backed up contacts and appointments (PIM Backup) disable "Sense" first (start -> settings -> Home -> Items -> Sense -> remove the tick). Enable it when you finished your restoration job.
9. If automatic connection setup wizard could not find your Internet settings -> use ADC (see second post of this topic).
10. If video quality is low in the TCPMP -> go to options -> quality -> choose Normal. I've read somewhere low quality is better during playback of mpeg files.
11. If you don't want the full-screen weather in the home tab -> install this cab: K1_M2D_Original_Weather.cab 375.04KB 76 downloads
12. i900's original dialer skin is not compatible with wm6.5.3. Muncheno build a cab which ports the b7300's Black dialer to our omnia. I've modified and updated his work. note:this dialer is not compatible with SRSWoW. do not install both of them at the same time. also call notification has skin issues. If you use ftouchsl full you should add these programs to the exclusion list of ftouchsl: CallLog.exe, SECContact.exe. Download link: Dropbox ,, Hotfile
13. If you have lots of music files on your phone you may experience slowness of your rom for a few moments after flashing the rom. It's because "htc audio manager" trying to index your musics. plz let it finishes its job.
Finally you should know that this ROM is based on OCK kitchen and some of his programs. You may found some of the fixes you need in his page.
Special Thanks for OCK because of his wonderful kitchen.
Decide first: More space or more speed?
LZX is more compressed so you would have more space available on the phone memory.
XPR is a faster compression algorithm thus provide a faster and more energy efficient ROM. Its downside is a 20MB larger ROM file.
23152 M2D Version 1.7.1
23152 is the most recent build form COM3. COM3 is used by Samsung in Omnia II. Maybe it is better for our omnia.
XPR: Hotfile ,, Rapidshare ,, Fileserve
LZX: Hotfile ,, Fileserve ,, Rapidshare
21690 M2D Version 1.7.2
21690 seems to be more energy efficient than 23152. But some users report that they have problem with wireless. I use it and I don't have problem with wireless. If you have problem with wifi try 23152.
XPR: Hotfile ,, Rapidshare ,, Fileserve
Edited by Keivan Moradi, 13 June 2011 - 07:41 PM.