42 replies to this topic

Jimmy X

Jimmy X

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Omnia, Omnia Pro B7610
Ive bought my last 3 phones from buymobilephones.net

I was all set for getting the same £30 deal (18months Tmobile) but after reading the above regarding 3g capped speed ive done a bit of researching. I had a tmobile on an i900 a few years back and that was ok (HSDPA speed). The last one was on orange with no issues. IT seems that the internet connection bolt on is capped to 3G whilst web n walk is the £5 extra for HSDPA speeds.

Their T&C only states web booster on 3G networks. Technically HSDPA *is* 3G (release 5) as specified under 3GPP or commonly known as 3G.

Jimmy X

Jimmy X

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Omnia, Omnia Pro B7610
Well ive just had an email back from TMobile (with my question in the reply). I asked about the "free" flexible booster (selectable every 30 days included with the price plan) being capped with regards to speed (not data). The reply was "flexible booster is not capped with regards the speed"

I made it quite clear I was buying from a 3rd party reseller (dialaphone although I will probably use buymobilephones) and as I said, my question was in the reply.

Thats good enough for me to purchase and I hope is *IS* capped with regards to speed as that is a nice way of getting out of contract (within the first week!) backed up with nice documentary evidence.

Edited by Jimmy X, 01 July 2011 - 02:02 PM.

ben1th

ben1th

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:OneX | GNex
Till tomorrow you can buy the Samsung Galaxy S2 without branding and without any kind of plan für 439 euros in Germany at Saturn (german market for electronics, NOT a online shop).

This could be interesting for those who are planning to buy an sgs2 and live near to germany. its actually worth to give it a call before you go there because its kind of rare. You will buy it for 539 Euros and a get a 100 Euros card for Saturn/Mediamarkt as gift you can sell on ebay for about 95 Euros

439 Euros are about 397 GBP

Sanyo DMP-951 -> Sagem MC 939 -> Nokia 7110 -> Nokia 6310i -> Sharp GX30 -> Sharp V903 -> HTC TyTN II -> HTC Touch Diamond -> HTC Hero -> HTC HD2 -> HTC Desire -> LG Optimus 2X -> Samsung Galaxy S2 -> HTC One X | Galaxy Nexus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users