Optus ZTE V9

Guest bahador

Guest bahador

I've done an official upgrade to 2.2 on the V9

used z4root special edition to permanent root. worked fine.

used recovery manager also worked fine.

and finaly used clockwork 3.0.2.4 wich is for the Gen2 and that worked fine too,

but then i made a mistake and flashed with a Gen1 ROM

<<< r12-update-modacocustomrom-blade-kitchen-unsigned.zip >>>

Now it's just stuck on the green andriod screen. waited even up to 1 hour still no luck.

Vol - and start button wont bring clockwork back on the screen.

have removed battery and rebooted many times, yet no luck.

Any Ideas how to get Clockwork back on Please.

Guest kallt_kaffe
I've done an official upgrade to 2.2 on the V9

used z4root special edition to permanent root. worked fine.

used recovery manager also worked fine.

and finaly used clockwork 3.0.2.4 wich is for the Gen2 and that worked fine too,

but then i made a mistake and flashed with a Gen1 ROM

<<< r12-update-modacocustomrom-blade-kitchen-unsigned.zip >>>

Now it's just stuck on the green andriod screen. waited even up to 1 hour still no luck.

Vol - and start button wont bring clockwork back on the screen.

have removed battery and rebooted many times, yet no luck.

Any Ideas how to get Clockwork back on Please.

Try this... Power up with volume-down pressed. You won't get FTM and you won't get into Clockwork but it will put the device in a mode where it can be flashed.

First the try the offcial upgrade, it may work to use it to redo the upgrade.

If it complains then I have extracted the flashable files from the official Optus MyTab upgrade so that they can be used with the hacked flasher.

Get this and unpack it: http://www.mediafire.com/?hap4qm0lr2ugw1p

With the device still in "programmable" mode connect it to your computer and use device manager to find out what COM port it is using. It's will say something about Diagonstic port and/or DFU.

Now configure the hacked flasher to use this port (Option->Port Config) and you will see one of the ports change to from "Open" to "Ready".

Check "Backup NV" and then press "Starta All". This will create a Channel1.nvm that you should make a copy of just in case you loose your IMEI.

Now set it back to to "Download" press "SW Directory" and point it to the "files" folder which contains all the .mbn and .img files.

Press "Start All" and it will reflash your phone with the official Optus MyTab 2.2 update. The update process usally takes 3-4 minutes.

And btw, your mistake was not only that you flashed a Gen1 ROM. You flashed a Blade ROM. Blade ROMs are NOT the same as V9/Light ROMs even though they are very similar.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest bahador

Thanks Heaps Mate...

I will try that as soon as i go home.

BTW are there many GEN2 ROMs for V9 as yet i've come across the the swedish one << Swedish_Spring_RLS5.zip >>

maybe i'll try this one this time...

Guest Sebastian404
Thanks Heaps Mate...

I will try that as soon as i go home.

BTW are there many GEN2 ROMs for V9 as yet i've come across the the swedish one << Swedish_Spring_RLS5.zip >>

maybe i'll try this one this time...

Sweedish Spring is a Blade rom too....

There are a couple of customized v9 roms tho, check out the v9 threads on this forum

Guest bahador
Sweedish Spring is a Blade rom too....

There are a couple of customized v9 roms tho, check out the v9 threads on this forum

Thanks Sebastian404

I'll have a look.

:unsure:

Guest bahador

Guys you rock.

It actualy worked once i got it into the recovery/config mode then the official software update worked and flashed it back to 2.2

Good as Gold

But i still cant find any ROMs for this one as yet. i've done a search on a few threads as well. no luck. I know i sould like a real novice

Guys once again thanks a Million.

• 4 months later...

@kallt_kaffe

"Try this... Power up with volume-down pressed. You won't get FTM and you won't get into Clockwork but it will put the device in a mode where it can be flashed."

If I press VOL- and Power I only see the green android and no more....

Is this the programmable mode?

thx in advance

• 1 month later...

need help

i flash my v9 with the wrong rom, it was from china that has a CDMA network.

i manage to restore to CM7 thru sdcard via CWM but my imei was erased and i dont get any signal from our local carrier

i have a channel1.nvm back-uped, and attemp to restore my IMEI in FTM mode my pc will detect a com port

but flasher will not communicate with my device when i select the port.

i think it is the only step to restore my IMEI so that my tablet could function also as a mobile phone, that can accept SMS's and call

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Try this... Power up with volume-down pressed. You won't get FTM and you won't get into Clockwork but it will put the device in a mode where it can be flashed.

First the try the offcial upgrade, it may work to use it to redo the upgrade.

If it complains then I have extracted the flashable files from the official Optus MyTab upgrade so that they can be used with the hacked flasher.

Get this and unpack it: http://www.mediafire...hap4qm0lr2ugw1p

With the device still in "programmable" mode connect it to your computer and use device manager to find out what COM port it is using. It's will say something about Diagonstic port and/or DFU.

Now configure the hacked flasher to use this port (Option->Port Config) and you will see one of the ports change to from "Open" to "Ready".

Check "Backup NV" and then press "Starta All". This will create a Channel1.nvm that you should make a copy of just in case you loose your IMEI.

Now set it back to to "Download" press "SW Directory" and point it to the "files" folder which contains all the .mbn and .img files.

Press "Start All" and it will reflash your phone with the official Optus MyTab 2.2 update. The update process usally takes 3-4 minutes.

And btw, your mistake was not only that you flashed a Gen1 ROM. You flashed a Blade ROM. Blade ROMs are NOT the same as V9/Light ROMs even though they are very similar.

thank you so much for this step by step instruction. you saved me. you are awesome. cheers!

• 1 month later...

Thanks KK...I did exactly what you recommended and it worked though it took some time actually.... I had to press POWER + Volume(+) + Volume(-) buttons before it booted into the Optus MyTab ROM...But is it safe to try and install the CM7...

• 4 months later...
Guest Cyndi13

This will create a Channel1.nvm that you should make a copy of just in case you loose your IMEI.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here, but where do I find Channel1.nvm and how do I back it up? Just make a copy?

Thanks! :D

EDIT: Nevermind. Got it...

Edited by Cyndi13