4 replies to this topic

k7420

k7420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900
  • Twitter:@none
I've found a simple setting to fix the problem of not able to send SMS. Some SMS goes through, some don't.

All you need to do is download a ROM called "Khuanchai_IF1_21001_UL_PP6". And go to Start> Setting> Personal> open the Phone icon> go to the last tab called More, then click on Band Selection. Get the setting. Change it from Automatic to GSM 900/1800. Thats it. If it doesn't work then change to next frequency and so on, because my network works with GSM 900/1800. Good luck.

If you can't change the frequency I will argue you to install the mentioned ROM. because I tried with other ROM they didn't let my change the Band Settings.

Let me know if it really fixed yours. :unsure:

Edited by k7420, 17 May 2011 - 04:12 AM.

tushargkwd

tushargkwd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900, ASUS P320 & M530w
  • Twitter:@tushargkwd

I've found a simple setting to fix the problem of not able to send SMS. Some SMS goes through, some don't.

All you need to do is download a ROM called "Khuanchai_IF1_21001_UL_PP6". And go to Start> Setting> Personal> open the Phone icon> go to the last tab called More, then click on Band Selection. Get the setting. Change it from Automatic to GSM 900/1800. Thats it. If it doesn't work then change to next frequency and so on, because my network works with GSM 900/1800. Good luck.

If you can't change the frequency I will argue you to install the mentioned ROM. because I tried with other ROM they didn't let my change the Band Settings.

In India, most networks use the 900 band, and so keeping your phone in 900/1800MHz band would be wise. If u have 3G coverage, then use WCDMA, as I have seen SMS access is better when i use 3G network. I am using sector's ROM and I had the option of changing the band even with the stock Omnia ROM.
I use BSNL 3G network.

Corwin9S

Corwin9S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
try this :

find

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Inbox \ MsgTypes \ IPM \ SMStext \ DLL

changee value "mms.dll" to "htmlnote.dll"

reboot your i900

>> http://www.i900playe...m...f=37&t=3028

Edited by Corwin9S, 17 May 2011 - 07:19 PM.

jumper007

jumper007

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Programming, and growing as a developer.
  • Devices:i900, Galaxy Gio, POV Tegra 2
Yeah, that's it.

Alien007 Software is always there for you.
Posted Image
Don't forget that saying THANKS! and giving +rep doesn't cost!

mafzalzadeh

mafzalzadeh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Omnia

Yes The Fix worked for me On K1 Rom 1.7.2
Tnx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users