Unable to send SMS (Fixed) :) Omnia i900

Guest k7420

Guest k7420

I've found a simple setting to fix the problem of not able to send SMS. Some SMS goes through, some don't.

All you need to do is download a ROM called "Khuanchai_IF1_21001_UL_PP6". And go to Start> Setting> Personal> open the Phone icon> go to the last tab called More, then click on Band Selection. Get the setting. Change it from Automatic to GSM 900/1800. Thats it. If it doesn't work then change to next frequency and so on, because my network works with GSM 900/1800. Good luck.

If you can't change the frequency I will argue you to install the mentioned ROM. because I tried with other ROM they didn't let my change the Band Settings.

Let me know if it really fixed yours. :unsure:

Edited by k7420

Guest tushargkwd
I've found a simple setting to fix the problem of not able to send SMS. Some SMS goes through, some don't.

All you need to do is download a ROM called "Khuanchai_IF1_21001_UL_PP6". And go to Start> Setting> Personal> open the Phone icon> go to the last tab called More, then click on Band Selection. Get the setting. Change it from Automatic to GSM 900/1800. Thats it. If it doesn't work then change to next frequency and so on, because my network works with GSM 900/1800. Good luck.

If you can't change the frequency I will argue you to install the mentioned ROM. because I tried with other ROM they didn't let my change the Band Settings.

In India, most networks use the 900 band, and so keeping your phone in 900/1800MHz band would be wise. If u have 3G coverage, then use WCDMA, as I have seen SMS access is better when i use 3G network. I am using sector's ROM and I had the option of changing the band even with the stock Omnia ROM.

I use BSNL 3G network.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest mafzalzadeh

Yes The Fix worked for me On K1 Rom 1.7.2

Tnx