Advice Please :)

Guest Tallyberto

Guest Tallyberto

Hi All,

Just signed up, although been a long time lurker!

I really want to get a tablet and I am looking at either the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" OR the Samsung Galaxy 8.9 when it arrives...

Now, my question is:

I want a tab mainly for the following:

E-reader

Satnav

Web and email

Twitter, FB etc...

Boredom stopper - games...

Will the Tab 7" be good enough for my needs or should I spend more and get the 8.9??

I don't think I would utilize the specs of the 8.9 as I used to have a HTC Desire HD and never used half of the functionality, so sold that, and got a ZTE Blade which I love.

So, I want your experts opinions...should I just get the 7" or do you think I would benefit from waiting for the 8.9....

Choices...Choices....

Cheers,

Ta

Guest gerardus
Hi All,

I really want to get a tablet and I am looking at either the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" OR the Samsung Galaxy 8.9 when it arrives...

Now, my question is:

E-reader

Satnav

Web and email

Twitter, FB etc...

Will the Tab 7" be good enough for my needs or should I spend more and get the 8.9??

I don't think I would utilize the specs of the 8.9 as I used to have a HTC Desire HD and never used half of the functionality, so sold that, and got a ZTE Blade which I love.

So, I want your experts opinions...should I just get the 7" or do you think I would benefit from waiting for the 8.9....

Choices...Choices....

Cheers,

Ta

My opinion is that 7" fit perfectly your need as you mentioned before. If you liked the HTC Desire, the 7" screen can give only a better feedback to you. The only reason for 8.9" is the honeycomb version of android on a more performant HW that should warrant better performance on future "heavy" application/game designed specifically for the tablet.

Obviosely 8.9" (taht is not available up to now) will cost more than today 7" so the choice is related your pocket too :P

Guest gerardus
Hi All,

Now, my question is:

E-reader

Satnav

Web and email

Twitter, FB etc...

Choices...Choices....

Cheers,

Ta

My opinion is that 7" fit perfectly your need as you mentioned before. If you liked the HTC Desire, the 7" screen can give only a better feedback to you. The only reason for 8.9" is the honeycomb version of android on a more performant HW that should warrant better performance on future "heavy" application/game designed specifically for the tablet.

Obviosely 8.9" (taht is not available up to now) will cost more than today 7" so the choice is related your pocket too :P

Guest JohnMcL7

When faced with a similar choice I went with the original 7in Galaxy Tab 3G over the newer, more powerful Honeycomb tablets for a few reasons. The main one was the 7in size which I think is a real sweet spot between the smartphones and netbooks, I find the bigger tablets just too big whereas 7in is pretty comfortable to hold for reading news articles and similar. Froyo isn't a tablet OS but on the plus it's polished and well supported whereas Honeycomb is currently in its infancy, for now I've not found the 'weaker' hardware in the 7in Tab an issue. Finally the price was appealing, I feel at £299 the Tab is fairly expensive for its use so £400+ for the newer Honeycomb tablets was definitely too much for me.

Have you tried out any tablets? I don't think there's any right answer to which size is better so I'd try some out in person first if you haven't as that way you'll know which size is better for you.

John