My 2X FREEZE after restore the backup! Pls help!!

Guest hiddendog

Guest hiddendog

I'm the newbie, this is the 1st time I'm using android phone (<3 weeks). Yesterday night I was try to using the ROM Manager to install the CM Rom (Build 22) which is download from the ROM Manager, then...

So, the following step is what I did to my LG 2X last night,

1. Enter ROM Manager and click on the CWM then click the Boot Into Recovery.

2. Then the 2X is entering into the recovery mode, I didn't do anything and click the Reboot.

3. So nothing happen so I enter the ROM Manager again and backup my data.

4. I download the CM Rom with Build 22 (select "Google Add on" only) from the ROM Manager and install it then reboot.

5. During install the CM ROM at the recovery screen, it start to install by itself. But some how, it suddenly pop up a icon/picture with a Android robot and a "!". Then the system it reboot normally.

6. I go to the setting and check, it seem like everything is look like the same, nothing is change, so I start to download the other ROM from ROM Manger and install the rest of the add on and fix. And it reboot successfully. (Every time is also come out this thing, Android robot and a "!")

7. But when I browse on my 2X and go to the setting, it seem like nothing is change.

8. I decided to reinstall one more time, and this time I select "Google Add on", "Wipe Data" and "Wipe Dalvik Cache". Somehow, the phone it still able to boot, but all of my data, app and game was gone, and it back to LG 2X original theme. (This time, the Android robot and a "!" is shown up again)

9. So I need my data back, then I go into the Recovery mode and select restore, After restore successfully I click Reboot system.

10. Then my 2X is freeze on the screen with LG logo and a loading bar...

Anyone please me to solve it. Thanks

Guest Dan1lan
I'm the newbie, this is the 1st time I'm using android phone (<3 weeks). Yesterday night I was try to using the ROM Manager to install the CM Rom (Build 22) which is download from the ROM Manager, then...

So, the following step is what I did to my LG 2X last night,

1. Enter ROM Manager and click on the CWM then click the Boot Into Recovery.

2. Then the 2X is entering into the recovery mode, I didn't do anything and click the Reboot.

3. So nothing happen so I enter the ROM Manager again and backup my data.

4. I download the CM Rom with Build 22 (select "Google Add on" only) from the ROM Manager and install it then reboot.

5. During install the CM ROM at the recovery screen, it start to install by itself. But some how, it suddenly pop up a icon/picture with a Android robot and a "!". Then the system it reboot normally.

6. I go to the setting and check, it seem like everything is look like the same, nothing is change, so I start to download the other ROM from ROM Manger and install the rest of the add on and fix. And it reboot successfully. (Every time is also come out this thing, Android robot and a "!")

7. But when I browse on my 2X and go to the setting, it seem like nothing is change.

8. I decided to reinstall one more time, and this time I select "Google Add on", "Wipe Data" and "Wipe Dalvik Cache". Somehow, the phone it still able to boot, but all of my data, app and game was gone, and it back to LG 2X original theme. (This time, the Android robot and a "!" is shown up again)

9. So I need my data back, then I go into the Recovery mode and select restore, After restore successfully I click Reboot system.

10. Then my 2X is freeze on the screen with LG logo and a loading bar...

Anyone please me to solve it. Thanks

I had problem like you, and only way for me was flashing my X2 with SmartFlash and official firmware, look for instructions with SmartFlash and for firmware. I spend few hours working with that problem (first time ever) and all is up and running.

Guest hiddendog
I had problem like you, and only way for me was flashing my X2 with SmartFlash and official firmware, look for instructions with SmartFlash and for firmware. I spend few hours working with that problem (first time ever) and all is up and running.

Do you mind to give me the link?

Guest Dan1lan
Do you mind to give me the link?

Here are my own F.A.Q. but it is in russian, use google translate to read it :P

Прошивка LG Optimus 2x, используя утилиту – „SmartFlash”

За основу инструкции взят материал „Khets”

Убив свой телефон, решил написать путь его восстановление как можно точнее для тех, кто столкнулся с такой же проблемой.

Перед ведением всех процедур приведенных ниже учтите все что вы делаете вы делаете на свой страх и риск, сохроните свою информацию, убедитесь что нечто не помешает процесу прошивки телефона и только тогда начинайте.

И так приступим, для начало нам понадобятся следующие файлы:

1. Программа (прошивальщик) – SmartFlash. Берём тут – Software Link

2. Драйвера для прошивальщика. Берём тут – Driver Link

3. Прошивка (в комплекте идет файл с прошивкой для Baseband – модема). Берём тут – Firmwares

И так у нас есть все необходимое для работы, и мы можем приступить к практической части. Следуем по пунктам, что да как:

1. Ставим драйвера для SmartFlash;

2. Распаковываем архив с прошивкой и видим 2 файла один большой (примерно 900 Мб) а другой маленький (примерно 10-20 Мб);

3. Открываем прошивальщик;

4. Вырубаем тело и вытаскиваем батарею из него;

5. Зажимаем кнопку – „Volume down” и подрубаем дата кабель к телу. (Батарея должна быть выбрана);

6. В нижней части проги находим пункт – „Communication Driver” И выбираем там наш прошивочный драйвер;

7. Находим с верху программы пункт – ROM Copy D/L;

8. В разделе „CP bin” нажимаем кнопку – „....”и находим файл с архива (тот который 10-20 Мб);

9. В разделе „Ap bin” нажимаем кнопку – „....”и находим файл с архива (тот который примерно 900 Мб);

10. И нажимаем кнопку „Start” (начинается процесс прошивки устройства);

11. По окончанию в верхней части программы появится зеленая полоса, после чего отрубаем тело и вставляем батарею, а также врубаем его. Вот и все радуемся стоковой прошивкой.

Примечание:

Процесс прошивки может не начаться ругаясь на ошибку таймаута - нечего страшного перезапускаем процесс столько раз, пока она не пойдет дальше. В ходе прошивки проблем у меня не возникло

Guest hiddendog
Here are my own F.A.Q. but it is in russian, use google translate to read it :P

Прошивка LG Optimus 2x, используя утилиту – „SmartFlash”

За основу инструкции взят материал „Khets”

Убив свой телефон, решил написать путь его восстановление как можно точнее для тех, кто столкнулся с такой же проблемой.

Перед ведением всех процедур приведенных ниже учтите все что вы делаете вы делаете на свой страх и риск, сохроните свою информацию, убедитесь что нечто не помешает процесу прошивки телефона и только тогда начинайте.

И так приступим, для начало нам понадобятся следующие файлы:

1. Программа (прошивальщик) – SmartFlash. Берём тут – Software Link

2. Драйвера для прошивальщика. Берём тут – Driver Link

3. Прошивка (в комплекте идет файл с прошивкой для Baseband – модема). Берём тут – Firmwares

И так у нас есть все необходимое для работы, и мы можем приступить к практической части. Следуем по пунктам, что да как:

1. Ставим драйвера для SmartFlash;

2. Распаковываем архив с прошивкой и видим 2 файла один большой (примерно 900 Мб) а другой маленький (примерно 10-20 Мб);

3. Открываем прошивальщик;

4. Вырубаем тело и вытаскиваем батарею из него;

5. Зажимаем кнопку – „Volume down” и подрубаем дата кабель к телу. (Батарея должна быть выбрана);

6. В нижней части проги находим пункт – „Communication Driver” И выбираем там наш прошивочный драйвер;

7. Находим с верху программы пункт – ROM Copy D/L;

8. В разделе „CP bin” нажимаем кнопку – „....”и находим файл с архива (тот который 10-20 Мб);

9. В разделе „Ap bin” нажимаем кнопку – „....”и находим файл с архива (тот который примерно 900 Мб);

10. И нажимаем кнопку „Start” (начинается процесс прошивки устройства);

11. По окончанию в верхней части программы появится зеленая полоса, после чего отрубаем тело и вставляем батарею, а также врубаем его. Вот и все радуемся стоковой прошивкой.

Примечание:

Процесс прошивки может не начаться ругаясь на ошибку таймаута - нечего страшного перезапускаем процесс столько раз, пока она не пойдет дальше. В ходе прошивки проблем у меня не возникло

Do you mind to give me the link for this "Прошивка (в комплекте идет файл с прошивкой для Baseband – модема). Берём тут – Firmwares"?

Guest Dan1lan
Do you mind to give me the link for this "Прошивка (в комплекте идет файл с прошивкой для Baseband – модема). Берём тут – Firmwares"?

Ou sorry for that, i forget active links :P here they are:

Firmwares - Firmwares

Guest unfun

i don't think you need smartflash, and there is also a pinned topic in this forum about nvflash, but as long as you can get into clockworkmodrecovery you can always flash a known working image, just wipe your data and cache before you apply the .zip

Guest hiddendog
i don't think you need smartflash, and there is also a pinned topic in this forum about nvflash, but as long as you can get into clockworkmodrecovery you can always flash a known working image, just wipe your data and cache before you apply the .zip

My phone is still able to get into the CWM Recovery. But what is "working image" (as I said, newbie), how to get the "working image", how to install? Thanks

Guest hiddendog
http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...anilla-edition/ that would be a working image, put it on your sd card, boot into recovery, wipe cache, wipe data, install zip from sd card ..

Bro, thank you very very much. I'm following you instruction and now I able to see my robot reborn again. After this, I dear to install any rom and flash it :P