Huawei U8800 £179.99 inc 1 year MoDaCo Ad Free

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest That-Guy

In the Delivery Section it says 6-12 days delivery for UK, bit of a long time considering the phone is already in the UK? lol

Guest trueno2k
+£4.99 shipping...

So, £175 approx.

Only if you live abroad!... I only post this for UK residents... might be a good idea to get the handset from somewhere nearer where you live :D

Guest trueno2k
In the Delivery Section it says 6-12 days delivery for UK, bit of a long time considering the phone is already in the UK? lol

Yeah I know... that does seem odd :D ... but, as long it gets delivered, I'd be fine with that time line... I haven't recheck if they still have stock but I still think if you live in UK, that's the best deal I've seen available at this moment in time! :D

Guest jchamier
OK phone all setup and working, how does one go about getting Ad-Free? :D

Still waiting for mine; ordered last Sat. :-(

Perhaps you should PM paul?

Guest ianmack
Execellent!

Come on people place your orders ;)

Ordered on Sunday, got a phone call on Monday saying expecting stock (despite the web site showing about 30 in stock), will be shipped Tuesday for delivery today......still waiting.....

Guest ianmack
Ordered on Sunday, got a phone call on Monday saying expecting stock (despite the web site showing about 30 in stock), will be shipped Tuesday for delivery today......still waiting.....

Blast! missed the delivery, they will try again tomorrow.

Guest ianmack
Thats a shame.

What mods do you have planned if any?

Well, root first, and then take it from there.

I have a Pulse at the moment and the community roms are so much better than stock, its got to be a win.

A long time ago I was a software engineer so might even try compiling from source myself.

Guest That-Guy
Well, root first, and then take it from there.

I have a Pulse at the moment and the community roms are so much better than stock, its got to be a win.

A long time ago I was a software engineer so might even try compiling from source myself.

Keep us updated ;)

Would love to hear how you get on!

Guest ianmack
What's your first thoughts on the device?

First, it is obviously related to the pulse, case looks similar, but it is nicer to hold, thinner, and with a bigger screen and the loss of hardware buttons.

Spent the last couple of hours installing everything I can think of :-)

Will give it a couple of days, but is nice and smooth and seems much faster than the pulse.

Trying to get my head round the fact is has a built in sd-card - strange.

Got the B160 kernel on there now (I think))

Guest Poulsen8r
really, has it got a front facing VGA cam? and 4gb rom?

mine (Greek version perhaps?) has no front cam and 2gb of rom...

No front facing camera. They ALL have 4GB of internal flash storage, since modern devices don't really use ROM's (Read Only Memory) anymore. So you have 2GB available (/HWUserData) because there are a bunch of other 'partitions' that use the other 2GB including /system /data /cache /cust_backup and so on.