[ROM][Gen1][Gen2] JGM Software GingerFLB

Guest TheManicGibbon

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Excellent news, those files are nearly ready, just cleaning them up a bit :P (eg, highlight colours)

There is ONE problem though, unfortunately. I feel that the Search widget WILL NOT work - launcherpro seems to have a problem restoring widgets, and so this will most likely be the same.

So the chances are we will have to remove the widget :/ -but we will see when it is actually flashed via clockwork. :rolleyes:

Guest TheManicGibbon
Excellent news, those files are nearly ready, just cleaning them up a bit :P (eg, highlight colours)

There is ONE problem though, unfortunately. I feel that the Search widget WILL NOT work - launcherpro seems to have a problem restoring widgets, and so this will most likely be the same.

So the chances are we will have to remove the widget :/ -but we will see when it is actually flashed via clockwork. :rolleyes:

The widget's not too much of a problem; most people will be able to add a widget, but comparatively few people would be comfortable with configuring their launcher in such depth. So you've done the most important part; thanks!

Guest Mushroom_Lord

O'kazay No worries :P

Can I just say after flashing this (Gen2) I am in love with Flb all over again :rolleyes: its so great that you made this :D

Now I just need to work out how to copy things in my data partition for you in FLB and then we will be okazay :( (some free root explorer available? ) <_<

Can't get market downloads working as of yet...

Edited by Mushroom_Lord

Guest TheManicGibbon
O'kazay No worries :P

Can I just say after flashing this (Gen2) I am in love with Flb all over again :rolleyes: its so great that you made this :D

Now I just need to work out how to copy things in my data partition for you in FLB and then we will be okazay :( (some free root explorer available? ) <_<

I searched for hours for a free one, ended up just biting the bullet and buying Root Explorer. TBH, I thought it'd be a single use thing, but its dead handy now im doing dev work for Android. I think there may be one or two out there, but Root Explorer is generally considered the best AFAIK. But there's no rush for it atm, so have a search around for something free :D

Guest TheManicGibbon
Yeah dw, I can find them :P

But I can't get market downloads to work atm! O.o

Mine work fine..what seems to be the problem?

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Haven't a clue!

I did the old wipe data/factory reset before installing the zip, of course. Didn't install anything else.

I go on market, click download, then the item comes up in the notification bar for a second, and goes. O.o

Its not like its low on memory, considering I just flashed it! :P

Oh and installing apk's seem to work so its a market thing :L

No worries, I will find a root explorer soon enough. :rolleyes:

Market is working again now, no worries <_<

Edited by Mushroom_Lord

Guest Pondlife

ES file Explorer?

As for market could it be the 2mb cache issue? Or do you not have 2mb cache, or does this rom have the workarounds built in?

Guest TheManicGibbon
Nice work. Will test over next few days and comment on here. Thanks for taking the time to add to the scene.

Thanks for your interest :rolleyes:

ES file Explorer?

As for market could it be the 2mb cache issue? Or do you not have 2mb cache, or does this rom have the workarounds built in?

ES could work, maybe. Also, the market is fixed now, was probably just a temporary glitch. I've been running this ROM for months now, market works fine :P

As for the cache, I don't know, I've not changed anything that low level. Thanks for your input <_<

Guest Len Ash
Thanks for your interest :rolleyes:

ES could work, maybe. Also, the market is fixed now, was probably just a temporary glitch. I've been running this ROM for months now, market works fine :P

As for the cache, I don't know, I've not changed anything that low level. Thanks for your input <_<

Note that anyone that has used wbaw's TPT Gen1 - Gen2 conversion will have Market d/l problems. The 2MB cache is too restrictive. It only works in SS5 and CM7 where the ROM redirects d/ls

You need to repartion... suggest 15MB or 20MB for cache anyway... it then works for ALL Gen 2 ROMs. The number of issues I've had with users and my FLB/JJ Gen 2 remixes just because of this silly restriction is unbelievable.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest TheManicGibbon
Note that anyone that has used wbaw's TPT Gen1 - Gen2 conversion will have Market d/l problems. The 2MB cache is too restrictive. It only works in SS5 and CM7 where the ROM redirects d/ls

You need to repartion... suggest 15MB or 20MB for cache anyway... it then works for ALL Gen 2 ROMs. The number of issues I've had with users and my FLB/JJ Gen 2 remixes just because of this silly restriction is unbelievable.

Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up. So anyone who used that method to convert Gen1 to Gen2 will have problems with their cache and might have difficulties with my ROM?

Guest Len Ash
Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up. So anyone who used that method to convert Gen1 to Gen2 will have problems with their cache and might have difficulties with my ROM?

Yep - d/ls start and then fail almost immediately.

There is a good tool to allow you to repartion dead easily. It works. Dozens of folk cured the problem with it.

This image will do the trick - use in the same way as wbaw's TPT conversion (extract image folder to SDCARD and then reboot phone (power on/menu/vol up))

20MB cache Gen 2 md5 35f938e3889153bd2e16ac8033959d01

Edited by Len Ash

Guest cloveky

Is this ROM (Gen2) didn't support app2ext? I'm using TPT method upgraded to Gen2 and in the Titanium Back Up shows the app2sd partition only have 144MB (system?).

Any idea? Thanks. :P

Edited by cloveky

Guest KonstaT

Fix this problem in gen2 version of your ROM. Add following where FLB loads it scripts, /system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh should work.

#### START -app install cache partition ramdisk #### 
umount /cache
mount -t tmpfs -o size=42M,nr_inodes=42k,mode=0770 tmpfs /cache
chown system.cache /cache
#### END -app install cache partition ramdisk ####[/codebox]

Guest KonstaT
Is this ROM (Gen2) didn't support app2ext? I'm using TPT method upgraded to Gen2 and in the Titanium Back Up shows the app2sd partition only have 144MB (system?).

Any idea? Thanks. :P

I don't think FLB has darktremor A2SD built in. Kernel used in gen2 version (I think it's the Softbank one) only supports ext2/ext3, no ext4.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

@ The manic gibbon.

I have prepared the files that are to be flashed to /data/data/com.fede.launcher/ to give launcherpro that stock gingerbread look.

They are attached in a zip file to this post.

Could someone then create a CWM flashable zip file with pushed the files appropriately? - I have no knowledge with CWM.

Theoretically this should work with anyone using launcherpro with FLB. and possibly any 2.2 ROM.

LPGingerhomeV1.zip

Do not flash the above, I need someone to "prepare" it for me, thanks :P

Guest TheManicGibbon
Fix this problem in gen2 version of your ROM. Add following where FLB loads it scripts, /system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh should work.

#### START -app install cache partition ramdisk #### 
umount /cache
mount -t tmpfs -o size=42M,nr_inodes=42k,mode=0770 tmpfs /cache
chown system.cache /cache
#### END -app install cache partition ramdisk ####[/codebox]

Is this to make the cache bigger to fix the issue that can affect market downloads etc?

@ The manic gibbon.

I have prepared the files that are to be flashed to /data/data/com.fede.launcher/ to give launcherpro that stock gingerbread look.

They are attached in a zip file to this post.

Could someone then create a CWM flashable zip file with pushed the files appropriately? - I have no knowledge with CWM.

Theoretically this should work with anyone using launcherpro with FLB. and possibly any 2.2 ROM.

LPGingerhomeV1.zip

Do not flash the above, I need someone to "prepare" it for me, thanks :rolleyes:

Sure, I can do that. Thanks again for your great work, much appreciated. :P

Guest KonstaT
Is this to make the cache bigger to fix the issue that can affect market downloads etc?

It doesn't make cache bigger because there is no reason to make it bigger. This redirects everything that would normally go to /cache (market downloads) to tmpfs in your phones memory. Similar script is also used in Swedish Spring. Yes, it should fix the market issues related to too small /cache partition.

edit. Tested your ROM with changed /system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh. I have gen2 phone with 2mb /cache. Used market to update maps to 5.5.0, included maps is already old *hint*. Downloads work well, no market issues. :P Downloaded angry birds just to be sure.

btw, your version looks very nice and when you guys get that lancher pro themeing thing going on, it's going to look just like gingerbread. :rolleyes:

I attached my init.qcom.post_boot.sh. You can use it if you want. I also made modified version, where cpu minimum clock is set at 122mhz. There is no overclock support in that gen2 kernel, but underclocking should improve battery life.

Just rename files to init.qcom.post_boot.sh (Otherwise I get error: Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file).

init.qcom.post_boot.txt

init.qcom.post_boot_122.txt

Edited by KonstaT

Guest lanesend

:( :D :D All good with me so far all working as expected!! :P :rolleyes: <_<

Guest Mushroom_Lord
Sure, I can do that. Thanks again for your great work, much appreciated. :P

Well, really pretty much anyone could have made it themselves, I just had the idea :rolleyes:

Guest TheManicGibbon
It doesn't make cache bigger because there is no reason to make it bigger. This redirects everything that would normally go to /cache (market downloads) to tmpfs in your phones memory. Similar script is also used in Swedish Spring. Yes, it should fix the market issues related to too small /cache partition.

edit. Tested your ROM with changed /system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh. I have gen2 phone with 2mb /cache. Used market to update maps to 5.5.0, included maps is already old *hint*. Downloads work well, no market issues. :( Downloaded angry birds just to be sure.

btw, your version looks very nice and when you guys get that lancher pro themeing thing going on, it's going to look just like gingerbread. :D

I attached my init.qcom.post_boot.sh. You can use it if you want. I also made modified version, where cpu minimum clock is set at 122mhz. There is no overclock support in that gen2 kernel, but underclocking should improve battery life.

Just rename files to init.qcom.post_boot.sh (Otherwise I get error: Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file).

Could this theoretically made to be a flashable zip; so you flash the ROM and then this, and then reboot? It'd be a hassle to integrate it right into the ROM; my upload speed is dire haha, but if necessary I'll do it

:D :D :( All good with me so far all working as expected!! :P :rolleyes: <_<

Great stuff! :(

Well, really pretty much anyone could have made it themselves, I just had the idea :D

I've made a flashable zip and tried it out but it doesnt seem to have worked, I still have my old LauncherPro setup...I'll keep trying.

Guest KonstaT
Could this theoretically made to be a flashable zip; so you flash the ROM and then this, and then reboot? It'd be a hassle to integrate it right into the ROM; my upload speed is dire haha, but if necessary I'll do it

Here you go. Didn't test it though. I'm already back on my previous ROM, but it should work.

edit. Tested, works fine.

gen2marketfix.zip

Edited by KonstaT