where to go now?

Guest Treb63

Guest Treb63

Hi all,

I have been following this thread since its inception, I managed to get a vega of the second shipment lucky me.

I have installed the roms as listed below and despite some problems going to the latest modaco rom losing some of the location stuff it has performed very well up till now.

I have never used or installed clockwork recovery because at that time it was a bit buggy but did install the full paid for R7. Going from an earlier R version to R7 I tired using the full titanium backup but this didnt apear to work very well and I had to go through the whole process of setting up the device again a bit of a chore.

Modaco Custom rom for the Advent Vega R7

Android 2.2

Kernel version 2.6.32.9_MCK_r2_host

Question where to go now? The device is used mainly for web browsing and gmail etc with a bit of gaming. I also use it to stream videos from my nas drive in various formats.

What is my update path regarding kernel, method of update (no clockwork yet) android version and which rom is working best at the moment.

I would realy like it to be as stable as possible, I am not needing much in the way of USB functionality but it would be nice if the bluetooth works well as I connect my Desire HD via BT and wireless and occasionally use it as a big Sat Nav.

Also any tips on what to avoid during the update would be most welcome..