Gingerbread transparent notification

Guest davidevinavil

Guest davidevinavil

Hi, I'm trying to get transparent notification bar with android UI but I've got some problem..

With apkmanager I've edited SystemUI.apk

I've edited status_bar_tracking.xml to point to shade_bg changing the hex color value to @drawable/shade_bg.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
[size=2][size=1]<com.android.systemui.statusbar.TrackingView xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:orientation="vertical" android:paddingLeft="0.0px" android:paddingRight="0.0px" android:paddingBottom="0.0px" android:focusable="true" android:visibility="gone" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants">
<View android:background=[color="#FF0000"]"@drawable/shade_bg"[/color] android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0"/>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.CloseDragHandle android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/close" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
<ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/status_bar_close_on" android:scaleType="fitXY"/>
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.CloseDragHandle>
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.TrackingView>[/size][/size]
[/codebox]

Then I've changed shade_bg.png with a transparent picture, but transparency there isn't :D

This is the result

post-724294-1306775938_thumb.png

Any help?

Edited by davidevinavil

• 2 months later...
Guest atoyota

Hi davidevinavil!!

Have you solved your problem? I've got a similar question.

I want to get transparent notification on my Metal with root permissions and official Acer's ROM (1.100.49 Gen1, FROYO).

Some ideas?

I've tried to use metamorph with some .zip files found on web, but doesn't work (the .zip files were for other models).

I've tried with ninjamorph, I've used some images for the Droid X, but i get boot loop.

What if I create .png transparent images with same sizes of the original file in framework-res?

Edited by atoyota

Guest davidevinavil

Hi.. Yes I've solved problem but on gingerbread .

Look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1085118 this worked to me for gingerbread..

The only important tip is that: if you edit SystemUI.apk and put it via ADB it does not give transparent notification.

The only way to me is made a custom rom with edited SystemUI.apk and flash it after wipe all.

If you don't make rom transparent will doesn't work