App development

Guest Christo0908

Guest Christo0908

Hi, I'm not sure if this is in the right place, so if it is in the wrong place, Mods, feel free to place it in the correct place, here goes..

I'm new to the Android App developing game, and I have a few questions on how it works, first question, I have an idea for an mp3 player app, just a simple one, it has 6 buttons on the home screen my 'main.xml' file, how would I make it so if I pressed one of those buttons, it would then send me to one of the other pages or lists etc.

example- I want to make a page 'about' the mp3 app and when I click the 'about' button on the home screen I want an activity to tell it to locate and go to the 'about' page, would I make a new 'class' or a new xml file for making an about page? and I imagine it's an onclicklistener activity, so how would I link the 2 (main.xml and about.whatever) together?

Next question, I also want it to be able to link to Facebook to show friends on Facebook what you're listening to and to be able to compare music tastes and whatnot, using the Facebook SDK I imagine, how would I do this?

Sorry for all the noob questions, but all developers gotta start somewhere, if the experts don't wanna share their secrets then how do the beginners learn?

Thanks in advance

Christo

Guest lilHermit
Hi, I'm not sure if this is in the right place, so if it is in the wrong place, Mods, feel free to place it in the correct place, here goes..

I'm new to the Android App developing game, and I have a few questions on how it works, first question, I have an idea for an mp3 player app, just a simple one, it has 6 buttons on the home screen my 'main.xml' file, how would I make it so if I pressed one of those buttons, it would then send me to one of the other pages or lists etc.

example- I want to make a page 'about' the mp3 app and when I click the 'about' button on the home screen I want an activity to tell it to locate and go to the 'about' page, would I make a new 'class' or a new xml file for making an about page? and I imagine it's an onclicklistener activity, so how would I link the 2 (main.xml and about.whatever) together?

Next question, I also want it to be able to link to Facebook to show friends on Facebook what you're listening to and to be able to compare music tastes and whatnot, using the Facebook SDK I imagine, how would I do this?

Sorry for all the noob questions, but all developers gotta start somewhere, if the experts don't wanna share their secrets then how do the beginners learn?

Thanks in advance

Christo

Without sounding rude I would recommend you purchase an android development book as these are very basic questions.

~

Guest Christo0908

Yeah, I've downloaded a few e-books, but I think I kinda dived in at the deep end, I figured out how to do it and more from reading an e-book I found online, I guess I'm too keen to start making my own apps I forgot to take into consideration how much work actually goes into making apps! Ouch, my head hurts :D