[ROM][GEN2] CyanogenMod Sunshine v2 (Android 2.3.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Fou-lu
Can you prove this? That Tejo Sunshine is based on cm7

Some people reported the exact same bugs as CM, no radio, charging reboot bug, in comments one guy wrote "theme Chooser" was added or removed from final build.

that's CM7 only compatible.

Some people reported the exact same bugs as CM, no radio, charging reboot bug, in comments one guy wrote "theme Chooser" was added or removed from final build.

that's CM7 only compatible.

After testing this rom for a while i was almost certain that it was cm7,as the bugs i experienced with cm7 where also present in this rom.

Guest KACE_231
i don't understand why proximity isn't working anyhow for me... wiped, formatted everything. someone knows why?

Proximity is an issue for some of the CM7 ROM's, just download the most recent CM7 and it should fix it.

Guest KonstaT
I may have gone too far and I am sorry if I have offended someone personally. This "Portuguese Thieves" name was just kinda inside joke between me and konsta and I took it too far.

And I didn't know that portuguese people are so oversensitive.

It was my (possibly bad) joke on an another board. Current tittle is much more politically correct, my apologies aswell. Thanks for taking all the beating over it. :D

I see grid lines while playing videos from apps, youtube, from SD card. Anyone else experienced this?

It only came along when playing videos on this ROM. I was before on CM7 N88 and din't have the issue.

Nope, works well here. Youtube plays fine and so does files from sdcard.

i don't understand why proximity isn't working anyhow for me... wiped, formatted everything. someone knows why?

Make sure you have ticked always use proximity in call setting. For outgoing calls proximity works perfect for me. On incomming calls, well not so perfect. So it still seems to be somewhat of an issue. Some claim that it isn't perfect in n88 either.

More notes:

Slider in incoming calls is different from slider in lockscreen. Green arrow while downloading isn't animated (so it's actually grey arrow). Haven't found anything major bugs (unrelated to CM7) that could be fixed at the moment, so don't expect update anytime soon. This ROM is still primeraly meant as plaything for testers, even though it has performed well in everyday use over the last few days. Battery life also seems ok.

Guest pmmct

KonstaT,

Which launcher is being used, since you removed ADW EX?

Can we change themes on this ROM? I'm currently using TejoSunshine, and I can't. (got stuck with a flashed one, since the TejoSunshine project was terminated! :D )

On another topic, are there any news about the FM radio and proximity sensor issues? :D

Thanks,

Guest Pelemane
KonstaT,

Can we change themes on this ROM? I'm currently using TejoSunshine, and I can't. (got stuck with a flashed one, since the TejoSunshine project was terminated! :D )

On another topic, are there any news about the FM radio and proximity sensor issues? :D

Thanks,

It's stock Gingerbread launcher and you can install CM7 themes.

Guest pmmct
It's stock Gingerbread launcher and you can install CM7 themes.

Will the stock launcher allow me to have 5 icons on the dock bar? How about rows, columns and screens?

Well, using CM's themes seems good enough! :D

Guest Bluedriver
KonstaT,

"(got stuck with a flashed one, since the TejoSunshine project was terminated! :D )"

Thanks,

Yes its over, and this is the statement from the A5 Team (translated from Portuguese)

A5 Team Blog

Greetings to all

In recent days I have been out and come back to see some "controversy" around the ROMS and their origin.

The Tagus Sunshine was established in order to be an alternative "Vanilla" Cyanogen the Mod 7. This creation came the need / like some users prefer a version without the stock and customization options in this Cyanogen Mod

Because of this decision has been made a "merge" with some code optimizations AOSP present in Cyanogen Mod, as well as the Kernel of ZTE. With the passage of time, and by mistake on our part, during a Sync sources, the source code of Cyan overlapped the AOSP, being compiled without errors and everything worked.

For those who are with us since the beginning, if you still remember the Tagus had some stability, the launcher was different, the GPS fix was different, the kernel was Gen1, Wifi driver differently, even with sending MMS data off, etc..

After so much controversy around this subject then take the decision:

Projects Tagus Sunshine and Sunrise Codfish come to an end.

We do not want to take praise for the work of others and want to go out with heads held high. The blog was created for the community and in order to help and share knowledge.

Available will continue to help all those who seek our help.

Donors, if they wish to donate back, get in touch.

We appreciate the confidence and apologize for everything.

Hug

Rafael Souto

A5 Team Blog

Guest Pelemane
Yes its over, and this is the statement from the A5 Team (translated from Portuguese)

A5 Team Blog

That sucks. I think they just should get rid of warez launcher, give credit to CM and keep working on that ROM.

Will the stock launcher allow me to have 5 icons on the dock bar? How about rows, columns and screens?

You can install Launcher Pro.

Guest KonstaT
KonstaT,

Thanks,

Stock gingerbread launcher is included. You can use any launcher from market (includeing ADW EX at price of 2.3€). Proximity is patched up to date and is atleast semi-working.

I wasn't planning to update anytime soon. If you find something that can be patched with this ROM, feel free to do so and share it with others. If you want latest updates, why not go with original CM7?

A5 Team Blog

It's positive that they admitted their 'mistake'. I always thought you needed google nexus phone to build from AOSP. :o Fact that they asked for donations makes all this sound even worse than before.

Guest pmmct
Fact that they asked for donations makes all this sound even worse than before.

The fact they offered to return any donation makes all of it sound much better. They know they are "letting people down" :D Don't burn them! They are good people. :D

Guest Pondlife
is this gen 1 or gen 2 rom?

if gen 2 can i use the universal converter?

The clue is in the thread title.

I presume you can, they called it universal, not ever used it though.

Guest metal.mickey
The clue is in the thread title.

I presume you can, they called it universal, not ever used it though.

WOOPS.

Noobs eh. Tut.

i may as well give it a whirl

Guest The-One
I always thought you needed google nexus phone to build from AOSP.

You are mistaken sir ;). I've built from AOSP (Froyo and Gingerbread) to the Blade, you do not need an Nexus, you only need the correct vendor tree.

Most things didnt work out of the box (some fixes were kinda lame) and i lost the interest when i ended up buying a Nexus S.

Edited by The-One

Guest KonstaT
i have just installed this rom and i love it.

but i cant use live wallpapers, dose any one know how i can use them?

Sorry, not at the moment. I always remove everything live wallpaper related. I can include live wallpaper picker in next update. It seems that blade is getting new kernel in next CM nightly, so I might update some time next week to include that.

You are mistaken sir :P. I've built from AOSP (Froyo and Gingerbread) to the Blade, you do not need an Nexus, you only need the correct vendor tree.

Most things didnt work out of the box (some fixes were kinda lame) and i lost the interest when i ended up buying a Nexus S.

You are correct sir. :D I meant for it to work out of the build. Buying nexus is a good idea if your building from AOSP. ;)

Thanks KonstaT - just what I was looking for ;), always found CM7 pretty bloated and too much with their add-ons and AWD.

I'm having one small issue however. Not sure if it's the B10 models, but the WiFi keeps dropping and reconnecting while the phone is in use (i.e. web-browsing, on the market, Facebook etc.). Which means I keep getting errors such as Facebook unable to update, or the market unable to update (just as if you was browsing then decided to turn off the wifi).

Is anyone else facing this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Guest ponto
Thanks KonstaT - just what I was looking for ;), always found CM7 pretty bloated and too much with their add-ons and AWD.

I'm having one small issue however. Not sure if it's the B10 models, but the WiFi keeps dropping and reconnecting while the phone is in use (i.e. web-browsing, on the market, Facebook etc.). Which means I keep getting errors such as Facebook unable to update, or the market unable to update (just as if you was browsing then decided to turn off the wifi).

Is anyone else facing this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Same problem here!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xanatos22
Sorry, not at the moment. I always remove everything live wallpaper related. I can include live wallpaper picker in next update. It seems that blade is getting new kernel in next CM nightly, so I might update some time next week to include that.

You are correct sir. B) I meant for it to work out of the build. Buying nexus is a good idea if your building from AOSP. :)

KonstaT thanks for your work!

Any news on the update because of the new kernel?

The MMS works fine on this ROM?

I'm on Cyan 7.0.3 and had to delete internet APN to get them working.

Also every time I need to send/receive one, I have to uncheck then check the data option... A bit annoying...

Guest KonstaT
KonstaT thanks for your work!

Any news on the update because of the new kernel?

The MMS works fine on this ROM?

I'm on Cyan 7.0.3 and had to delete internet APN to get them working.

Also every time I need to send/receive one, I have to uncheck then check the data option... A bit annoying...

I could put the CM7 N98 kernel in, but that's about it. No chance of getting FM radio working since I can't touch framework of this ROM. It gets harder to patch stuff as we get further from N85 which is base of this ROM (Tejo Sunshine was N85ish). And now with ZTE's leaked vanilla gingerbread, this ROM is getting old pretty fast...

If you want the benefits of CM7, try latest nightlies (also CM7.1-RC1 should be coming soon). If you want vanilla gingerbread, try wbaw's or burstlam's version of the leaked GB.

edit. Never got around to test MMS so I'm not quite sure.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest xanatos22
I could put the CM7 N98 kernel in, but that's about it. No chance of getting FM radio working since I can't touch framework of this ROM. It gets harder to patch stuff as we get further from N85 which is base of this ROM (Tejo Sunshine was N85ish). And now with ZTE's leaked vanilla gingerbread, this ROM is getting old pretty fast...

If you want the benefits of CM7, try latest nightlies (also CM7.1-RC1 should be coming soon). If you want vanilla gingerbread, try wbaw's or burstlam's version of the leaked GB.

edit. Never got around to test MMS so I'm not quite sure.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I might try the vanilla gingerbread until the release of the CM7.1-RC1.

• 2 weeks later...