Chainfire3D & gameloft

Guest shi3ld

Guest shi3ld

I've been trying for days to find gameloft games which work on the Dell Streak, I haven't had much luck as they say it isn't supported (Anyway I'm not here to moan)

I installed streak droid 1.9.0 and it worked better, some gameloft games ran for about 2 minutes before crashing or black / missing textures (must be their 3d engine)

What I did find was an app called Chainfire3D (free on the market but pro version is available) it is a gl driver app which can use plugins to emulate hardware such as QUALCOM, NVIDIA and POWERVR.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1087427

The plugins have been compiled and I found a download link for them, http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4P9LEW7P (I assume since it is his API and someone else compiled the plugins that these are opensource)

After after installing and trying some of the games, using the powervr plugin & power vr versions of the game ( just the 16 bit textures setting enabled in the chainfire3d app - I did try the low res textures setting which was quick but looked a bit rubbish on the large dell screen!) it works fine..

Starfront collsion actually works... amazing!

Guest fards

if you read chainfires thread you can clearly see that the plugins are infringing copyright potentially in various countries which is why they aren't compiled or linked to.

But i agree it works a treat

Edited by fards

Guest shi3ld
I tried to install but then it borked the display when running any other game. Any idea on what I did wrong ?

Nope, it does seem to mess the intro movies up but on mine the game works great, are you using the free 1.9 version from the market place

Guest WakeRider89

Have you checked you install file for steves build? I remember there was one option he said you may have to add if your gameloft games crash.

Guest shi3ld
Have you checked you install file for steves build? I remember there was one option he said you may have to add if your gameloft games crash.

I think you mean the perfmod option?

Guest rahulkadukar

I installed without any options ;)

Guest WakeRider89
I think you mean the perfmod option?

no I am referring to the volnoppt option. i just checked it and it says if you enable that one it fixes "some" gameloft games. probly no miracles cure but if memory serves me right i had to put it on mine when upgrading to 1.9.0 to get my games working right, then again there are still some that crash and lag such as cordy and gun bros.

Guest fards

the PPT option in the kernels breaks some of the gameloft games, the "fix" doesn't refer to fixing any other gameloft issues that aren't anything to do with the ppt.

you can use chainfires pro to get ppt working with the gameloft games that ppt breaks, the latest version allows you to dump shaders and edit them.

That would fix quite a lot of the issues..

Guest WakeRider89
the PPT option in the kernels breaks some of the gameloft games, the "fix" doesn't refer to fixing any other gameloft issues that aren't anything to do with the ppt.

you can use chainfires pro to get ppt working with the gameloft games that ppt breaks, the latest version allows you to dump shaders and edit them.

That would fix quite a lot of the issues..

hmmm ill take your word for it, i was just going by what the install description said unless i read it wrong. not to get off topic but what does the ppt option do then?

Guest fards
hmmm ill take your word for it, i was just going by what the install description said unless i read it wrong. not to get off topic but what does the ppt option do then?

per-process page table,

it enables a stricter use of the graphics by 2d, it makes 2d render smoother, and saves some battery on the streak for most things.

msm: kgsl: Support per-process pagetable for the 2D graphics core

This patch, along with associated user driver patch, allows the 2D Z180

MMU to use per-process pagetables instead of a single global pagetable

for all processes. Per-process pagetable is still CONFIGed to be off by

default. Once it is enabled, then it will work for 2D graphics using Z180.

also http://lwn.net/Articles/394665/

Guest noj.johnson

I have a Dell Streak with Streakdroid 1.90 , chainfire 3d 2.0 . Modern Combat Sandstorm works with 'reduced texture size' on and Qualcomm plugin enabled . Modern Combat 2 Black Pegasus works on the same settings . Please note that the Gameloft splash screen at game startup is corrupt and also the initial intro movies . However those movies play ok without any chainfire changes installed .

In order to get Gameloft to sell me the games I entered "Motorola Milestone 2" as my device .

I have no other performance mods like overclocking running .

Hope this information is useful to you

• 2 weeks later...
Guest liviu2007
I have a Dell Streak with Streakdroid 1.90 , chainfire 3d 2.0 . Modern Combat Sandstorm works with 'reduced texture size' on and Qualcomm plugin enabled . Modern Combat 2 Black Pegasus works on the same settings . Please note that the Gameloft splash screen at game startup is corrupt and also the initial intro movies . However those movies play ok without any chainfire changes installed .

In order to get Gameloft to sell me the games I entered "Motorola Milestone 2" as my device .

I have no other performance mods like overclocking running .

Hope this information is useful to you

modern combat 2 black pegasus works on my streak without any plugin or chainfire app.love that game:).