ZTE v9 Bricked?

Guest Nemesis2k9

Guest Nemesis2k9

Hey all, Recently took the steps required to update my ztev9 with cyanogenmod 7 (modded for zte v9) Installed clockwork recovery, it automatically rebooted phone?? then came up with the recovery, flashed Gapps, Flashed cyanogenmod 7, then phone rebooted (could not wipe cache) Now, it loads cm7, but boot loop ;) Cant access clockwork reocvery no matter what i do.... tried the volume down key, power, all, even the touch buttons at the bottom of the phone. please help.. No idea what to do.. if the phone is bricked, think i will be moving over to iphone. Cheers all

Guest slapnuts
Hey all, Recently took the steps required to update my ztev9 with cyanogenmod 7 (modded for zte v9) Installed clockwork recovery, it automatically rebooted phone?? then came up with the recovery, flashed Gapps, Flashed cyanogenmod 7, then phone rebooted (could not wipe cache) Now, it loads cm7, but boot loop ;) Cant access clockwork reocvery no matter what i do.... tried the volume down key, power, all, even the touch buttons at the bottom of the phone. please help.. No idea what to do.. if the phone is bricked, think i will be moving over to iphone. Cheers all

read the v9 2.2 update thread and flash first post links. follow post 9's instructions. try reading and following all instructions when updating.

Guest sn00ps

Hi Nemesis2k9,

I had the same problem. I spent hours and hours trying to recover it.

I stumbled across some instructions (not sure where I found them now).

If you are able to still able to get into FTM mode.

Download the following:

ZTE V9 Stuff

Follow the document (except where it says to send the ID's, copy the patched file into the install directory) found in android_2.2_for_zte_light-read_1st.rar

This worked for me and then I was able to get the CM7 Gingerbread mod.

Best of luck

Guest bennyzhou

This worked for me.

Take out the battery. Put on the back cover. Hold both volume + and - while plug in the USB cable to a PC.

It will automatically get into FTM mode. Then flash generic 2.2 firmware on it. After flashing, it may stuck in the FTM loop. Put in the battery and flash again.

After 2nd flashing, take out the battery for 10 seconds. Then put it back. Press and hold both Power and Volume + to boot into Android.

• 3 months later...
Guest ps3japan

This worked for me.

Take out the battery. Put on the back cover. Hold both volume + and - while plug in the USB cable to a PC.

It will automatically get into FTM mode. Then flash generic 2.2 firmware on it. After flashing, it may stuck in the FTM loop. Put in the battery and flash again.

After 2nd flashing, take out the battery for 10 seconds. Then put it back. Press and hold both Power and Volume + to boot into Android.

THANKS A LOT mate!! I was desperated with my bricked ZTE V9, and your solution worked like a charm!!

Best Regards,

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Nemesis2k9,

Download the following:

ZTE V9 Stuff

Follow the document (except where it says to send the ID's, copy the patched file into the install directory) found in android_2.2_for_zte_light-read_1st.rar

Best of luck

How can i get the V9 into the FTM Mode?

I think mine is bricked. I only see a green android and nothing else..... I tried to flash the CM7.

thx in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This worked for me.

HI thanks for your time...

i tried the above step however still its stuck on the same blue andriod logo on a skateboard and nothing else.. please help me PM on [email protected]

thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Ranil

This worked for me.

Thank you very much.

• 11 months later...
Guest ankit30

Hi Nemesis2k9,

Download the following:

ZTE V9 Stuff

Best of luck

on which id i send the mail ?