I have tested it as much as I can, but I'm always open to any more constructive feedback. Please see one post down for a change log for THIS build.
- Recovery Manager
- Download the img file to your SD card, and then you can use the Recovery Manager application to install your recovery, note your device must be rooted to run Recovery Manager.
- ADB method
- Download the support files and unzip them to your PC.
- Place the files along with the recovery img file into a directory.
- From a command prompt cd into that directory and type the following commands:
adb push psneuter /data/local/ adb shell chmod 04775 /data/local/psneuter adb shell /data/local/psneuter adb push flash_image /data/local/ adb shell chmod 04775 /data/local/flash_image adb push recovery-clockwork-188.8.131.52-u8350.img /sdcard/ adb shell /data/local/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-clockwork-184.108.40.206-u8160.img adb reboot recovery
- When this finishes, you device should reboot into ClockworkMod Reovery
- fastboot method
- Unplug the USB cable, turn off your device and take out the battery
- Replace the battery and turn the device on holding the 'Power' & 'volume down' key. The device will stay at the 'egg timer' screen.
- Plug the device into the PC.
- From a command prompt run 'fastboot flash recovery <filename>.img'
- When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot reboot'
- update.zip methodIf you have a previous version or another recovery install, install the update.zip and restart your device.
How to Enter recovery mode:
- restart your device holding down the 'power' & 'volume up' keys
- Use the Recovery Manager application to Reboot into Recovery
- if you have ADB configured type 'adb reboot recovery' from the command line.
Downloads:The Latest version of Clockworkmod Recovery can found here
- Older versions of Clockwork recovery can be found here.
- Official versions of ClockworkMod Recovery if available for this device can be found here
- Support for the old style update files that use the Amend scripting (update-script) method is no longer supported With ClockworkMod Recovery from v3 onwards.
- The Device Config to build ClockworkMod Recovery as part of CyanogenMod can be found on my GitHub.
Edited by Sebastian404, 03 August 2011 - 10:09 PM.