Gen1 update via TPT

Guest dwok

I'm about to attempt an install of "CM7Green V5 Plus" on my gen1 via TPT method. Read the many posts here but still not 100% certain. Am I right in thinking that I don't need to do a gen1-to-2 conversion first or do a total wipe?

Guest Amphoras

CM Green is for Gen 2 only, so you need to use the Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPT first. If you want the plus version, pick the one with the 160MB system partition and follow the instructions in the thread. Once you've done that, do all the wiping as instructed in the CM Green thread, then flash the rom through Clockwork as normal.

Edited by Amphoras

Guest The Soup Thief
Thanks for the info. So TPT roms don't automatically repartition unless specified?

correct - really best not assume anything as using the wrong tpt can do a lot more harm than you would want to have to deal with

correct - really best not assume anything as using the wrong tpt can do a lot more harm than you would want to have to deal with

Hence this post :-) Though I did have the image on the sd card and would have soon begun the process. What can I say, oh yeah, PHEW!

Thanks all!

Guest hugobosslives
Hence this post :-) Though I did have the image on the sd card and would have soon begun the process. What can I say, oh yeah, PHEW!

Thanks all!

don't worry it would have been fine... ;)

it would just have not booted once installed. you would have then come on here and asked what went wrong. we would tell you. and then you could have done the tpt and then reinstalled the rom.