Work out a ZTE Vanilla Gingerbread leak out version[Kernel 2.6.35]

Guest burstlam

Guest Len Ash
Hmm please make a new rom with available fixes :)

now replaced by my file in post 166

md5 a81d457c1f7128a90d690137d73de263

Edited by Len Ash

Guest EarL007

I tried Len's 2.3.4 slim v2 ROM, with the gps-fix, gps works fine, and almost everything else. Mobiledata doesn't work (T-Mobile), beside that I tried all APN settings. BTW, I don't see option for using 2G only or 2G/3G.

Just a little note, in the v2 ROM there's no emode.apk, so you can't watch IMEI, or service menu, but it can be copied from the first leak, and works fine.

And I see an odd, the colors' of statusbar icons are changing, from white to green, and vica versa, randomly.

Edited by EarL007

Guest Len Ash
Is that with using kallt_kaffee's gps fix...?

Sadly the other one posted will not allow my phone to boot but the kallt_kaffee's gps fix seems to work fine.

Thanks for your work here Len

It has "Ricardo's" gps fix and a cleaner gps.conf file.

Guest Len Ash
I tried Len's 2.3.4 slim v2 ROM, with the gps-fix, gps works fine, and almost everything else. Mobiledata doesn't work (T-Mobile), beside that I tried all APN settings. BTW, I don't see option for using 2G only or 2G/3G.

Just a little note, in the v2 ROM there's no emode.apk, so you can't watch IMEI, or service menu, but it can be copied from the first leak, and works fine.

And I see an odd, the colors' of statusbar icons are changing, from white to green, and vica versa, randomly.

I took a few things out (mostly ZTE test stuff) and swapped Launcher2 for the Stock GB Launcher - it's 6MB smaller for one thing!

I can also confirm ricardopv's earlier statement about WiFi reconnects - true and very welcome!

Interestingly, build.prop has hardware acceleration enabled, and the cpu governor has the 122MHz idle clock speed... unusual.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Simon O
I took a few things out (mostly ZTE test stuff) and swapped Launcher2 for the Stock GB Launcher - it's 6MB smaller for one thing!

I can also confirm ricardopv's earlier statement about WiFi reconnects - true and very welcome!

Interestingly, build.prop has hardware acceleration enabled, and the cpu governor has the 122MHz idle clock speed... unusual.

Hm, personally I'd change the minimum speed to 245Mhz. 122 seems too low.

Guest EarL007

I made an emode.apk fix for Len's ROM (because it lacks the a emode.apk, but it works. it's needed for zte service menu, you know, *983...), it can be installed in clockworkmod, or simply copy the emode.apk to ROM system/app directory. It works.

emode.apk fix md5: fc2aa4fe7212cf73792fd3706ecc1121

Edited by EarL007

Guest EarL007

I don't see 122MHz clock setting in init.qcom.post_boot.sh, just 245MHz, and ondemand governor, where is this 122MHz setting?

Guest whatcolour

odd, I thought 245 is the min

from init.qcom.post_boot.sh

"echo "ondemand" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

echo 90 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold

echo 30 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/down_differential

echo 500000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_rate

echo 245760 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq"

Guest Len Ash

Seems to work OK - used it before. But it isn't stock ZTE, so assume someone changed it post-ZTE.

But I agree that it can cause off air sync errors and could cause indeterminate errors. Might amend this and HW accel and post another brew.

Guest 用户名已经

it is changed by burstlam.

Edited by 用户名已经

Guest Len Ash

The FULL version is rather different:

echo "ondemand" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

echo 122880 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

#### START - app install cache partition ramdisk ####

umount /cache

mount -t tmpfs -o size=42M,nr_inodes=42k,mode=0770 tmpfs /cache

chown system.cache /cache

#### END - app install cache partition ramdisk ####

Guest t0mm13b

Well this is a very strange one,

I cannot fathom how some have managed to get this to boot on the blade - crucial question for those who have it running - what rom are you using - if you've flashed the entire rom then that's great!

But if you flashed just the kernel on top of existing ROM and if the ROM is CM7 you're talking bull because CM7 and the rom's kernel is VMSPLIT to 3g, this leaked rom's kernel config is VMSPLIT 2g so it would not work... If you have SS5, you can defo flash the kernel no problem and it should work.

CM7 users - take heed and notice of this... don't try flashing the kernel part ... to replace the existing kernel...

The oddities in this kernel config is showing.... infra red stuff, pcmcia laptop stuff, still digging

I am inclined to think this is a straight jump to .35.7 with little or no modifications - somehow - ZTE must have messed up the source to get this to work on blades by those who reported it... because I can tell you that the kernel sources in .35.7 has changed underneath the bonnet so I am hedging my bets this is a repeat of what ZTE did to .32 sources...

Guest Simon O
大侠,你重出江湖啦?

总是会在这里。但我不拥有这款手机的任何更长的时间。

Will always be here. But I do not have this phone any longer.

Seems to work OK - used it before. But it isn't stock ZTE, so assume someone changed it post-ZTE.

But I agree that it can cause off air sync errors and could cause indeterminate errors. Might amend this and HW accel and post another brew.

Yep that's what I remember happening. Also if you use the phone to listen to music with the screen off it can cause playback issues. I don't think the CPU is meant to run so low.

I am inclined to think this is a straight jump to .35.7 with little or no modifications - somehow - ZTE must have messed up the source to get this to work on blades by those who reported it... because I can tell you that the kernel sources in .35.7 has changed underneath the bonnet so I am hedging my bets this is a repeat of what ZTE did to .32 sources...

We will need to see the ZTE code to be sure of this but either way it will certainly help with CM7 and also help with your .35 porting right?

Guest whatcolour
Well this is a very strange one,

I cannot fathom how some have managed to get this to boot on the blade - crucial question for those who have it running - what rom are you using - if you've flashed the entire rom then that's great!

But if you flashed just the kernel on top of existing ROM and if the ROM is CM7 you're talking bull because CM7 and the rom's kernel is VMSPLIT to 3g, this leaked rom's kernel config is VMSPLIT 2g so it would not work... If you have SS5, you can defo flash the kernel no problem and it should work.

CM7 users - take heed and notice of this... don't try flashing the kernel part ... to replace the existing kernel...

The oddities in this kernel config is showing.... infra red stuff, pcmcia laptop stuff, still digging

Odd indeed, but I was on CM7 (GEN2) and flashed this after wiping everything (data+cache+boot+system), and everything is working so far!

The kernel mess however makes sense, as claimed by the original poster on a Chinese forum, I quote "This is a quick hack"

Guest 用户名已经
总是会在这里。但我不拥有这款手机的任何更长的时间。

Will always be here. But I do not have this phone any longer.

我能看懂你的英文哈。

只是写或者说英文,我不怎么会。。。。

呵呵~

之前一直在用你的R9B,感觉不错。

Flibble translation for the benefit of other users: I can understand English so just write in English. I am still using R9B, feels good.

Guest t0mm13b
Odd indeed, but I was on CM7 (GEN2) and flashed this after wiping everything (data+cache+boot+system), and everything is working so far!

The kernel mess however makes sense, as claimed by the original poster on a Chinese forum, I quote "This is a quick hack"

That's okay because you wiped the entire CM7 rom with this and works - that's normal - 100%... GEN1/GEN2 not make a difference, as everything is wiped cleanly and this rom flashed....

but for those attempting to hack it by replacing the kernel of the likes of CM7, SS, MCR, JJ etc, with this leaked rom's kernel - you'll be heading for disaster... provided, that the rom in place is vmsplit2g, you'll be okay, if you're on cm7 in particular which is vmsplit 3g, and replace kernel on that rom with this leaked rom's kernel, disaster!!!

that what I was saying... :)

Still digging the configuration ....

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Simon O
我能看懂你的英文哈。

只是写或者说英文,我不怎么会。。。。

呵呵~

之前一直在用你的R9B,感觉不错。

Sorry. I made the mistake because you are writing in Chinese. Maybe in the future there can be an FLB Gingerbread but the leak ROM seems to need a lot of work. I hope ZTE can release a newer version and kernel code soon.