Help identify this chineese copy Epad (need correct FW)

Guest Epadnoob

Guest Epadnoob

Hello guys its my first post here so i would first like to say a BIG hello to the members!!!!

With that out the way here is my first dilema.

I am trying to identify a Bricked epad that has been found by my father (Dustman) and im not sure what section to post in. Could a mod possibly point me in the right direction or move this post to where it should be please.

The few details that i know....

It looks EXACTLY like this.... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-2-Apad-epad-Flyto...=item3a674880c2

With these exeptions.

It does not have a camera and there are way less inputs. On the bottom i have an SD card slot, headphone jack, normal iphone style port and thats it for inputs. The speaker wich is 3 little gaps is also on the bottom and positioned to the right.

On the right side at the top i have the on/off switch and a volume button.

I have the obvios menu button on the screen possitioned at the bottom in the middle as shown in the above link

The screen lit up and showed the android logo but it just kept flashing up every few seconds as if it was in a reboot loop, although i had t plug the charger in a few time before that happend. I tried charging for ages and the reset button but to no avail im afraid. Since hitting reset it no longer powers on and the light does not illuminate either. Thats about all i can tell you about the device itself so ill now share my intensions....

I wish to find the correct firmware for the device and reflash it using a "youtube" methed i saw that involved dismantling in order to gain access to the nand and have the pc recognise the device.

Sorry for the lengthy post but i feel i had to include as much info as i could and im rubbish with words :)

Thanks

Edited by Epadnoob

Guest Epadnoob
Hello guys its my first post here so i would first like to say a BIG hello to the members!!!!

With that out the way here is my first dilema.

I am trying to identify a Bricked epad that has been found by my father (Dustman) and im not sure what section to post in. Could a mod possibly point me in the right direction or move this post to where it should be please.

The few details that i know....

It looks EXACTLY like this.... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-2-Apad-epad-Flyto...=item3a674880c2

With these exeptions.

It does not have a camera and there are way less inputs. On the bottom i have an SD card slot, headphone jack, normal iphone style port and thats it for inputs. The speaker wich is 3 little gaps is also on the bottom and positioned to the right.

On the right side at the top i have the on/off switch and a volume button.

I have the obvious menu button on the screen positioned at the bottom in the middle as shown in the above link

The screen lit up and showed the android logo but it just kept flashing up every few seconds as if it was in a reboot loop, although i had t plug the charger in a few time before that happened. I tried charging for ages and the reset button but to no avail im afraid. Since hitting reset it no longer powers on and the light does not illuminate either. Thats about all i can tell you about the device itself so ill now share my intentions....

I wish to find the correct firmware for the device and reflash it using a "youtube" method i saw that involved dismantling in order to gain access to the nand and have the pc recognise the device.

Sorry for the lengthy post but i feel i had to include as much info as i could and im rubbish with words :)

Thanks

Come on guys 9 views and not a sausage. At-least tell me what information i have failed to include or direct me towards the proper section to post so that i can get the advice i need!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest slickandy

Come on guys 9 views and not a sausage. At-least tell me what information i have failed to include or direct me towards the proper section to post so that i can get the advice i need!!!

Sounds a bit like it could be an MIDv7, M009, or similar copy. Check what colours the LED and headphone jack are, then grab either Vestinious, Singularity, or VM8650 Hybrid Uberoid ROM. Get a 1 GB or 2GB microSD, FULL format to FAT32 using Windows, copy the ROM onto the microSD, put it in the tablet, then boot. The release notes from the ROM will explain how to set up for the flash in more detail.

I STRONGLY recommend that you DO NOT attempt to disassemble the device - they're sooo fragile, and the screen will most likely crack. Even if the screen doesn't break, the case probably won't go back together properly afterwards. After all this, you may find that the tablets can't be flashed by connecting to the PC (it seems to depend on the chipset). Instead, assuming that it's a VM8650 based tablet, you need to use a pin to hold the reset button for 5-10 mins and then start the tablet with the microSD card ready to flash (as above).

<edit>

And after spending time writing a response to this impatient guy, I then find he's posted this http://android.modaco.com/topic/342226-how-to-unregister/

<sigh>

Edited by slickandy