[KERNEL]bb67 Zkernel latest 22 06 2011

Guest sam_thekiller

Guest mohcine1995

What do you do if you want to go back to stock kernel? Because i'd like to have an uncapped FPS and overall smooth performance, but i don't want to risk losing my phone.

- Also if i use SEUS to reinstall the update, will it bring back the stock kernel and everything?

And i really want to use this kernel but im on bb 54 and using tripnmiui 1.7 can anyone show me the zip package i need to flash and the steps i need to take, i personally dont want to change my baseband. thanks

Guest geggi

gettin fc when i go to "language&keyboard settings" on tripmiui 1.7 with the kernelZmixMIUI on bb 67. everythin else seems to be workin

cheers

Guest R4fael

alright, from the beggining: for person who never used any custom kernel... what to do first? just flash it over xrec? or instal bootkit?

there is no clear information !

Guest Zabihjan
What do you do if you want to go back to stock kernel? Because i'd like to have an uncapped FPS and overall smooth performance, but i don't want to risk losing my phone.

- Also if i use SEUS to reinstall the update, will it bring back the stock kernel and everything?

And i really want to use this kernel but im on bb 54 and using tripnmiui 1.7 can anyone show me the zip package i need to flash and the steps i need to take, i personally dont want to change my baseband. thanks

here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=61

try this for trip miui 1.7

Guest SourceCode

Just copying across my post from XDA:

To all struggling with getting the latest ZKernel working on Trip's MIUI Rom (1.7) with Baseband .67 -

I am using the ZKernel (mixed with FreeKernel mod352-MIUI) on Trip's MIUI Rom (1.7) with Baseband .67 and everything is working, including Wifi (no issues on reconnects either) and Camera/Camcoder.

Please follow these steps:

1. Delete all unwanted files/folders on your SD card like DCIM, Camera, etc.

2. Make sure you are on bb .67, then XRecovery - Factory Reset, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache.

3. Install TripNMiUI 1.7 and reboot.

4. Setup everything and once everything (eg network, 3G, etc.) looks stable reboot into XRecovery.

5. Flash the attached zip file.

6. XRecovery - Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache and reboot.

7. Enjoy :)

Please note I have ONLY mixed and matched the files from Z, Goro and Doomlord.

So all credits should go to Z, Goro (tkymgr), Doomlord, Hirox10 (hrsy96) (for sharing his thoughts on putting together the MIUI version of FreeKernel-mod35.x), and last but not least Trip for the wonderful MIUI ROM B)

Final note:

Please use the attached file at your own risk. I am not responsible if you brick, liquify or vapourise your phones.

I am using it on my phone running TripNMiUI 1.7 (bb .67) and so far so good. I am also running SetCPU with values 998 max - 245 min.

Phew tired typing all this :D

Cheers,

SourceCode (aka: QuestionBoy @ XDA).

ZKernel_BB54_67_MIUI.zip

Guest geggi
alright, from the beggining: for person who never used any custom kernel... what to do first? just flash it over xrec? or instal bootkit?

there is no clear information !

ok im no pro, but maybe i can help.

u just install ur rom like u did all time before(bb 67 for sure via flashtool) via xrecovery. then reboot and wait for stable signal.

after that reboot into xrecovery and flash the kernel

after flashin the kernel dont forget to wipe the dalvik cache and the batt stats(wont work when u miss that )

reboot phone and all should be fine.

check if u got costum kernel in phone info :)

Edit: damn source was faster^^

@source : can u try if u get fc in Language&keyboard settings pls?

Edit2:

OK everythin fine with ur kernel. B) THX

Edited by geggi

Guest SourceCode
ok im no pro, but maybe i can help.

u just install ur rom like u did all time before(bb 67 for sure via flashtool) via xrecovery. then reboot and wait for stable signal.

after that reboot into xrecovery and flash the kernel

after flashin the kernel dont forget to wipe the dalvik cache and the batt stats(wont work when u miss that )

reboot phone and all should be fine.

check if u got costum kernel in phone info :)

Edit: damn source was faster^^

@source : can u try if u get fc in Language&keyboard settings pls?

No FC in any of the Language & Input Settings.

Guest Zabihjan
Hey thanks i'll try this but do you have a back to stock kernel zip file or something just in case, and what are the risks of flashing a custom kernel? are they the same as flashing a custom rom?

here is back to stock for bb.49

i dont have it for using bb.67

make sure u back up first

back_to_stock_kernel.zip

Guest ozzybulldog
Just copying across my post from XDA:

To all struggling with getting the latest ZKernel working on Trip's MIUI Rom (1.7) with Baseband .67 -

I am using the ZKernel (mixed with FreeKernel mod352-MIUI) on Trip's MIUI Rom (1.7) with Baseband .67 and everything is working, including Wifi (no issues on reconnects either) and Camera/Camcoder.

Please follow these steps:

1. Delete all unwanted files/folders on your SD card like DCIM, Camera, etc.

2. Make sure you are on bb .67, then XRecovery - Factory Reset, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache.

3. Install TripNMiUI 1.7 and reboot.

4. Setup everything and once everything (eg network, 3G, etc.) looks stable reboot into XRecovery.

5. Flash the attached zip file.

6. XRecovery - Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache and reboot.

7. Enjoy :)

Please note I have ONLY mixed and matched the files from Z, Goro and Doomlord.

So all credits should go to Z, Goro (tkymgr), Doomlord, Hirox10 (hrsy96) (for sharing his thoughts on putting together the MIUI version of FreeKernel-mod35.x), and last but not least Trip for the wonderful MIUI ROM B)

The part here above with your zip file works fine! Thanks for this. (And thanks to all the other Devs...)

Oz

Guest TrungWorld
It doesn't :)

IT does work with TripNmiui 1.7 for me with the latest release from XDA

As a 1.7 current user I just flash the attached file, then Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache and reboot.

Guest Ronald_Veen

Cheers,

SourceCode (aka: QuestionBoy @ XDA).

The Kernel is working superior! Thx for the Zip file

@Miui 1.7 Trip

Guest cjsabaki
The Kernel is working superior! Thx for the Zip file

@Miui 1.7 Trip

+1!!! jUST MAKE A BACK UP IN XREC BEFORE TRYING ANY FLASHES...............Wipe dalvik and batt stats before flashing kernel and you should be good!! Trip's Miui 1.7.0 using droid overclock to underclock to 998 @ ondemand settings, battery life seems quite good and all seems to be working fine.

Thanks to all that worked on this Kernel, loader, and shared the information!!!

Best regards,

Chris