DESPERATLY TRYING TO GET THE RINGTONES RIGHT-LATEST ROM 2.3.4 by MU4RIK

Guest biep

I've upgraded my LG with the latest rom from MU4RIK. 2.3.4 Android. First time for me and works very good. I'm a fan !

However, I can't seem to set my ringtones or notifications right. I tried everything already. shifted maps, deleted them, tried tones from another version. Nothing did the trick.

this is what happens :

When my phone starts ringing, the ringtone I've set doesn't work at all. Instead he randomly picks a song from my mp3 folder which I called MUSIC and stored in SD.

There's a huge tread about it on google. I tried everything they stated there, still no cure !!!

Should I edit the build.prop or so and can anyone tell me what I should edit than, or has the build.prop nothing to do with it ?

I am really desperate. I am now in the state of going back to 2.1 which I really don't want. I would like to keep my LG GT540, now I am beginning to become familiar with flashing my rom.

I am not the only one with this problem, believe me, it is a great issue...so PLEASE, if someone of you knows how to help me with this, I will LOVE you for it B)

I am not a total noob, so try me....

URGENT ! (or I go back to 2.1, give the LG away and buy me the LG P990 - which I rather not-because I want to save my money :) )

Guest ilovelg
I've upgraded my LG with the latest rom from MU4RIK. 2.3.4 Android. First time for me and works very good. I'm a fan !

However, I can't seem to set my ringtones or notifications right. I tried everything already. shifted maps, deleted them, tried tones from another version. Nothing did the trick.

this is what happens :

When my phone starts ringing, the ringtone I've set doesn't work at all. Instead he randomly picks a song from my mp3 folder which I called MUSIC and stored in SD.

There's a huge tread about it on google. I tried everything they stated there, still no cure !!!

Should I edit the build.prop or so and can anyone tell me what I should edit than, or has the build.prop nothing to do with it ?

I am really desperate. I am now in the state of going back to 2.1 which I really don't want. I would like to keep my LG GT540, now I am beginning to become familiar with flashing my rom.

I am not the only one with this problem, believe me, it is a great issue...so PLEASE, if someone of you knows how to help me with this, I will LOVE you for it B)

URGENT ! (or I go back to 2.1, give the LG away and buy me the LG P990 - which I rather not-because I want to save my money :) )

Well i would buy P9990 :DD tho anyway, there might be problem with your flashed rom, i think when u flash it now, theres an app, tone picker or something like that, try to use it.

Already dit that...doesn't work eather.... flashing went smoothly, so I can't see if the problem woudl be there... thanks anyway for thinking with me...annyone else ?

Guest ilovelg

Well i dont have any problem with Ringtones, they change perfectly for me, i really would suggest reflashing the rom, since as you can see noone else had this problem :)

No one else ? You should read various forums....LOTS of people have it, but no solution as of yet.

Already reflashed the rom, problem stayed. I'll try again maybe... nevertheless it seems to be a very common bug in some Gingerbread featured cellphones...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CURIOUS999
No one else ? You should read various forums....LOTS of people have it, but no solution as of yet.

Already reflashed the rom, problem stayed. I'll try again maybe... nevertheless it seems to be a very common bug in some Gingerbread featured cellphones...

:huh: Hi

May be it is too late

With the tool Android Commander, you can copy the ringtones to your phone directory --> /system/media/audio/ringtones/

link : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N9TEA1ZO

I made a copy for you of the 2.3.4 ringtones

link : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B211CT38

:blink:

Best regards

Guest fdespotovski

this is what happens :

I am not the only one with this problem, believe me, it is a great issue...so PLEASE, if someone of you knows how to help me with this, I will LOVE you for it wink.gif

URGENT ! (or I go back to 2.1, give the LG away and buy me the LG P990 - which I rather not-because I want to save my money dry.gif )

Try this:

- Boot your phone into fastboot mode

- Connect it to your PC

- Open up cmd and type in order

1. cd C:\YOURDIRECTORY\android-sdk-windows\tools

2. fastboot -w

3. fastboot erase system

4. fastboot erase boot

5. fastboot flash boot boot.img

6. fastboot flash system system.img

7. fastboot -w (again)

8. fastboot reboot

If that doesn't solve your problem, try going back on SwiftDroid 2.0 M6.

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing worked, I just reflashed my phone and now everything works...:unsure: puzzles me....

This Rom is a pleasure !!!

In the mean time my battery lasts a lifetime with Supercharger V6 and after a full charge I wiped my batterystats.bin.

Now the battery lasts several days....

Thanks for all of your tips, but reading google and trying heaps of things learned me a lot and finally got everything workin' again....