61 replies to this topic

finbaar

finbaar

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
I must say that this phone interests me. The screen on the Blade is to small and I want one that is 4"+ so 4.3" sounds good. I will wait and see as my next phone MUST be flash capable. By the way how do Orange think that this is a list of phone specs?

5-megapixel camera
HD Voice
Signal Boost (UMA)
Android™ 2.3 Gingerbread
4.3-inch capacitive touch screen
WiFi
micro USB v2.0
FM radio and MP3 player
video messaging
video recorder
video playback
email
pop3/imap4 email
Orange Wednesday apps
Orange App Store
HSDPA
3G+
music player
3G
camera
touch screen
photo messaging

Its a list of features which is padded out by mentioning things twice! Wow look 'Orange App Store' - let me at it. Still all credit to Orange if they can knock them out for £150 (if mind you). Would be nice if another carrier or sim free was avialable. I am sure the devs will love it.

super san francisco

super san francisco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco
for 150 i'm gonna buy it, no other way! especially using a phone with a big screen is a nice thing, recently tried a galaxy s2 and was amazed by it's screen size. seems much more comfortable to use than my beloved blade. if there will be a community, which i hope and believe, will be,
then CM is just one step away i guess and if one can overclock some way to, say, 1.1 Ghz it would be nice.

i'd be glad. was looking at the ideos x5 for some time, thought of giving that one a try, seems a little on the better side hardware- and stylewise. i'm very happy with zte so far, so maybe they will have a little bonus in my opinion.

Chris Banks

Chris Banks

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 7, G300, ZTE Blade
Looks like it will not be supporting Flash...

Hi all

We had a query regarding whether the Skate would be able to play Flash. This isn't really one for a Blade forum... I'm sure there'll be a more suitable home for this one soon. But until that time, here's the ZTE view regarding Flash on Skate.

"There seems to be some confusion as people are under the impression that the Skate is an ARMv7 device so will naturally support Adobe’s Flash 10.3. This appears to be a misunderstanding. The Skate is not ARMv7, but rather high performance ARMv6. That said, while this can technically support Flash – commercial agreements need to be put in place between ZTE, the operators carrying the Skate and Adobe, which mean the Skate will not support Flash."

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.. :)

ThrashMan

ThrashMan

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade [UK 512MB TFT]

Looks like it will not be supporting Flash...

Oh dear, how sad, never mind!
I fail to see what all the fuss is about mobile phones supporting flash player :-/
Flash is damn awful and flash content is generally very badly written. Watch the CPU on your PC when you access flash content!

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i9305
  • Twitter:@meritez

Oh dear, how sad, never mind!
I fail to see what all the fuss is about mobile phones supporting flash player :-/
Flash is damn awful and flash content is generally very badly written. Watch the CPU on your PC when you access flash content!

flash support would just waste cpu cycles anyway

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,639 posts

flash support would just waste cpu cycles anyway

Flash was slow on my old Desire. It's slow on the U8800 I have. Basically Flash sucks on smartphones. HTML5 is where it's at.

Jekle

Jekle

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Devices:OSF, Galaxy Ace, Ascend G300

Flash was slow on my old Desire. It's slow on the U8800 I have. Basically Flash sucks on smartphones. HTML5 is where it's at.

True, Only really powerful smartphones can keep up with today's Flash Standards to be honest Whoever is pissed about no Flash it really isn't anything to be it's more likely to be a worse experience because it enables flash supported ads which make pages crash, but ARMv7 would of been nice.

ohyesman

ohyesman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

True, Only really powerful smartphones can keep up with today's Flash Standards to be honest Whoever is pissed about no Flash it really isn't anything to be it's more likely to be a worse experience because it enables flash supported ads which make pages crash, but ARMv7 would of been nice.

Only thing that i find interesting on this phone is UMA. My signal at home is pants (only to use the Gen1 to Gen2 TPT soon to see if that helps) old phone had UMA and it was very very useful.

Would this be able to be ripped out of the orange rom and intregrated into our Blade roms??

lordjubblydave

lordjubblydave

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Devices:M8-MotoG-GPad_8.3
  • Twitter:@jubblydave
Awesome !

I have been waiting for this.

I just cracked my Blades Screen too :rolleyes: :)

k0zmic

k0zmic

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero & HTC Sensation XE
Personally, I just wanted Flash for iPlayer. I agree that it isn't really that good smartphones other than the more powerful ones.

Atomix86

Atomix86

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Devices:See sig
I disagree about flash being awful. If you have used a decent phone with it you will see how good it can get.

Nasty budget phones, begone! Hello sexy brand new Galaxy S2!

finbaar

finbaar

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
I do not care if Flash is the worse thing ever on a phone - I want it on my next phone. So no Skate for me.

DWaldie

DWaldie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Franciso
Maybe I'm missing something but this seems like a modest improvement over the OSF. Unless it has a better (or at least much faster processor) and significantly more internal RAM, it's only slight better than the OSF. Installing a worthwhile camera with decent imaging and video might make a difference. I'd be surprised if they asked much more for it than the OSF.

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,999 posts
  • Devices:Blade V, I9000, Blade
I agree. Depending on the price difference it might be a better purchase than a San Fran for a first time Android user but it surely isn't going to tempt many San Fran owners to upgrade? If they'd got ARM7 in it then things may have been different. But as it stands, the only thing I see it really has going for it over the Blade is a flash for the camera.

For the cost of buying a Blade and then this several months later, you may as well have bought a Desire!

Edited by targetbsp, 29 June 2011 - 09:49 PM.

My Blade site - includes vanilla KANGS's of CM7. Also available: modified GB Gapps with various market versions, mini ICS Gapps for 160mb system partitions and Flash for ARMv6
CM7 Blade changelog

mcfly666

mcfly666

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Devices:zte blade
Until the developers of the tv sites bring native support for handheld devices, flash is where its at for me :)

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,639 posts

Only thing that i find interesting on this phone is UMA. My signal at home is pants (only to use the Gen1 to Gen2 TPT soon to see if that helps) old phone had UMA and it was very very useful.

Would this be able to be ripped out of the orange rom and intregrated into our Blade roms??

If it's in the kernel source, and we can build the kernel for the blade, then possibly.

Gx3k

Gx3k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega
  • Twitter:@Gx3k
For someone like me who didn't have an android phone before (I have an Advent vega though) and my last phone is very ancient (a cheap china phone), the Monte Carlo seems to be a great deal if its around 150 pounds. Does anyone know if this can be used as a Sat Nav? The large screen is quite good for it :)

Posted Image

AJ Guinness

AJ Guinness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm not entirely sure that it doesn't support Flash. Check out the details on the processor that (I believe) this phone will use.

http://gadgets.tmcne...-processors.htm

Note that it does say the 800Mhz varient of the MSM7x27 phone, which of course the Skate does have the 800Mhz varient of MSM7227 processor. Maybe it will have flash!

k0zmic

k0zmic

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero & HTC Sensation XE

I'm not entirely sure that it doesn't support Flash. Check out the details on the processor that (I believe) this phone will use.

http://gadgets.tmcne...-processors.htm

Note that it does say the 800Mhz varient of the MSM7x27 phone, which of course the Skate does have the 800Mhz varient of MSM7227 processor. Maybe it will have flash!

SeanJacko, the ZTE PR Rep stated it won't as there needs to be carrier agreements and things between Adobe, Orange and ZTE.

That said, the phone is capable of Flash.

Edited by k0zmic, 01 July 2011 - 11:42 AM.

AJ Guinness

AJ Guinness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Darn, thats a shame.

If it did have Flash added, or at least a later implementation of Flash then this phone will be hugely popular if the price is £150, simply for iPlayer usage on top of the features there.

Edited by AJ Guinness, 01 July 2011 - 11:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users