k0zmic

k0zmic

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero & HTC Sensation XE

Darn, thats a shame.

If it did have Flash added, or at least a later implementation of Flash then this phone will be hugely popular if the price is £150, simply for iPlayer usage on top of the features there.

I agree, I only wanted Flash for iPlayer too.

When Flash does come out for another phone with the same/similar processor I bet the apk will be made available.

Basically, officially it won't have Flash. Unofficially it's possible.

Edited by k0zmic, 01 July 2011 - 12:01 PM.

grygry

grygry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:v880
  • Twitter:@none
no flash, no oled??? :)

Roph

Roph

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, Samsung Galaxy S
A 4.3 inch non Super / Super+ would look pretty horrible. The OLED blades get away with it because the fuzzy edges and text are hidden by the higher density, 3.5 inch 800x480.

I wouldn't want a Pentile 800x480 4.3 inch display. If it was Super AMOLED Plus then sure, but I doubt you'll be seeing that on a non-samsung phone any time soon.

Samsung Galaxy S @ 1.2Ghz / CM10 JellyBean
Grey ZTE Blade @ 768 MHz / KonstaKANG CM9 ICS 4.0.4

liamdunn

liamdunn

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE
Apparently it's another Orange exclusive which is a shame because they'll not be stupid and bump up the price thinking that everyone's gonna snap one up like they did with the Blade, wish they hadn't changed the name and kept the ZTE branding on the phone

Posted Image

frenchy77

frenchy77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:Nokia 5530, OSF/Blade
i havent had my blade/sf for very long, so no doubt when i get around to the skate it will be better value/priced and all the wonderful peeps on here will ensure it runs like a dream..

:-)

chemicalbuz

chemicalbuz

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
guys some news about gps receiver? maybe the same builts onto blade? is it a good one or?

ThermalDroid

ThermalDroid

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Law and hacking, good mix;)
  • Devices:San Fran 2.3.4
Well since I got sent a battered repair phone when I sent my bricked phone back >.> (looking at you zte) I'll probably upgrade :)

Current phones:

San Francisco Pretty much dead.
Atrix my beautiful atrix!
HTC Desire don't like it, it's sitting in a draw.

Pierreism

Pierreism

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
I don't know if anyones watched the various YouTube videos from MWC in February of the Skate but it looked uncharacteristically slow. Sure, everyone who was filming it seemed to be flicking at it as if it was a high-end device, but it still seemed alot slower than our current San Frans on Gingerbread.

ThermalDroid

ThermalDroid

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Law and hacking, good mix;)
  • Devices:San Fran 2.3.4

I don't know if anyones watched the various YouTube videos from MWC in February of the Skate but it looked uncharacteristically slow. Sure, everyone who was filming it seemed to be flicking at it as if it was a high-end device, but it still seemed alot slower than our current San Frans on Gingerbread.

Again that is a display device and the stock launcher always runs like cr*p, and If you've ever been to a phone shop with display phones you'll notice that after a while all the display phones end up reallllyy slowww.

Current phones:

San Francisco Pretty much dead.
Atrix my beautiful atrix!
HTC Desire don't like it, it's sitting in a draw.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,637 posts

Yes, that was a test version of the device. If you watch the newer videos it's a lot smoother.

ajren

ajren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Yes it's here, I picked mine up yesterday from the local Orange shop. :rolleyes:

sej7278

sej7278

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

Yes it's here, I picked mine up yesterday from the local Orange shop. :rolleyes:

rom dumped yet?

http://android.modac...ost__p__1776995

Sean88

Sean88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi guys, I'm a noob when it comes to android and want your help and advice. I have been a BlackBerry Bold 9700 user on Orange for sometime now but that time has now run out! I sold it on Mazuma for £95 and looking to put the money towards my first android device as I am interested in what android has to offer. I have been thinking about purchasing the Orange Monte Carlo as it has just been released this week which will only mean putting £65 towards the device including the £10 top-up however, I have heard great things about the San Francisco! I understand it has less horse power but I was just wondering if I could get your advice on the OS versions such as Eclair, Froyo and Gingerbread and what the difference is? Any help would be much appreciated, Cheers! :)

ididmytime

ididmytime

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Hi guys, I'm a noob when it comes to android and want your help and advice. I have been a BlackBerry Bold 9700 user on Orange for sometime now but that time has now run out! I sold it on Mazuma for £95 and looking to put the money towards my first android device as I am interested in what android has to offer. I have been thinking about purchasing the Orange Monte Carlo as it has just been released this week which will only mean putting £65 towards the device including the £10 top-up however, I have heard great things about the San Francisco! I understand it has less horse power but I was just wondering if I could get your advice on the OS versions such as Eclair, Froyo and Gingerbread and what the difference is? Any help would be much appreciated, Cheers! :)

Get the SF instead, if you can get the OLED version you're laughing.

Edited by ididmytime, 10 August 2011 - 03:29 PM.

Sean88

Sean88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I agree. Depending on the price difference it might be a better purchase than a San Fran for a first time Android user but it surely isn't going to tempt many San Fran owners to upgrade? If they'd got ARM7 in it then things may have been different. But as it stands, the only thing I see it really has going for it over the Blade is a flash for the camera.

For the cost of buying a Blade and then this several months later, you may as well have bought a Desire!

I am thinking about the Monte Carlo as my first Android purchase or is the San Francisco a better option to go for?

hemant1

hemant1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Lg Cookie :l

I am thinking about the Monte Carlo as my first Android purchase or is the San Francisco a better option to go for?

I'd go for the Monte Carlo seeing as you're an orange customer you should be able to get it for £119.99

Sean88

Sean88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I'd go for the Monte Carlo seeing as you're an orange customer you should be able to get it for £119.99

Cheers. I am still in two minds over which device to get as my first Android, any other opinions would be great.

causeway

causeway

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

guys some news about gps receiver? maybe the same builts onto blade? is it a good one or?

GPS locks as quickly and accurately as my nexus one, not bad at all. says 'accurate to 70m' in google maps but its much closer in reality.

sej7278

sej7278

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

yeah £119 including a tenner airtime from an orange store is not bad if its your first android phone, that's about the same price as a sanfrancisco from argos/tesco these days.

alternatives are £170 for a huawei u8800 or £220 for a motorolo defy, both of which annihilate the montecarlo in terms of performance (and overclock like mad), are both sim unlocked, are both arm7 (flash, google talk video, firefox etc.) but have 3.7-3.8" screens not 4.3" like the skate.

i'm sure there's already a huge "skate alternatives" thread on here somewhere.

Pierreism

Pierreism

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
Does anyone who has one and has a Blade too know if the LCD screen is any better than the Blade's LCD? Particularly I'm interested in the colour rendering. The Blade's LCD was way too blue for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users